News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-13, 12:44 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Who do you want the Spurs to play in the 1st round?

Simple enough! HOU, UTA, LAL, DAL, GSW.........Discuss
Old 04-03-13, 01:02 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

I would prefer GSW out of those! Dallas won't make it IMO now and Utah or LAL will get the 8th seed. I feel the Spurs slip to the 2nd and draw Houston (If GSW slip though so be it), so thats the matchup I think they get.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-03-13, 02:41 PM
Official SR Home Builder

We'll have to see what happens tomorrow against OK. The Spurs don't manipulate the standings to get the seeding they want for the playoffs. They approach every game to win and get better and trying to stay healthy and fresh by the end of the regular season. They rest starters to keep them fresh and healthy not to loose games and alter the seeding.
Old 04-03-13, 02:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I would rather play the Lakers. I love beating them.

Then the Clippers who I think we would sweep again.
Old 04-03-13, 03:16 PM

I like the thought of Hou or GSW or Jazz for that matter. Lakers don't scare me but I can see them possibly push the Spurs to 6 games. The other teams (hous, utah, gsw) I see 4 maybe 5 games. Utah is really who I would perfer, I think they are the easiest team out of the ones mentioned. But, in the back of my mind, I would love to see the Spurs destroy the Fakers
Old 04-03-13, 07:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Utah, please. The Mavs are out of it (maybe not mathematically, but realistically). Golden State and Houston can at least take a game or two, and the Lakers have a high ceiling if they ever get their fact together. Utah's a sweep, I think.

I'd prefer LAC in round 2 over Denver or Memphis.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-04-13, 11:50 AM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

I think it would benefit the spurs to play teams that like to get up and down, and aren't too physical.

I would like to see them slip to the 2nd seed, and play houston in the first round. We match up well with Denver, and they aren't gonna beat us up, so I would like them in the Second Round.

That means OKC potentially would see the Lakers in the 1st, Memphis(or clippers, but i think memphis beats them this year), and then the showdown in the Finals.

Lakers and Memphis are tougher matchups for us than Houston and Denver, in my opinion. That style of play might be easier on Manu and keep him healthy for the WCF.
Old 04-04-13, 11:53 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I've been wanting to see the Spurs face Houston since I went to college in that city back in 96.
Old 04-04-13, 03:33 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Personally, I'm pulling for HOU. It would make it a bit easier to go to a game.
But I'm not sure they want to play a team that will do everything possible to run them off the court. And, as we saw in the last game, Harden is pretty good. Asik can shut down the middle (or at least shut down Timmy as much as anyone).
Our bench would take them to task, though.
Old 04-06-13, 07:41 PM

Lakers.

they don't have Metta and can't hang in a 7 game series against anyone with that short rotation and aging legs.
Old 04-08-13, 10:56 AM
The Eternal Optimist

Concerned about a run and gun outfit like Houston. Only for the impact on the team for subsequent rounds. For example, getting their legs run off before playing OLD or Den would/could be disaster.
Old 04-08-13, 10:58 AM
Herman Cain of the board

JAZZ they suck hard on the road
Old 04-08-13, 08:55 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

dang, spurs schedule has one road game against denver, one against desperate lakers with metta world peace back, and one against minnesota (not so easy to spurs its seems)...

and okc just easy games...
Old 04-08-13, 10:30 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
JAZZ they suck hard on the road
I totally agree! This would be a great match up and Spurs would win that easily in 4 games if Spurs got healthy and all focused!

However Pop said it always (Be careful of what you wish for) So I would never wish for any team.

I would rather have the Spurs play vs a depleted Lakers team it would be real fun to beat the Freaking Lakers since they suck!! It is always fun to beat the freaking Lakers!!!

I would not mind beating the Houston too.

Whatever the good lord sends my Spurs should be okay since Pop and his system works vs. All teams and the record shows it!

Spurs should hang their heads up and stay focused and stick it to any team they meet in the first round... No Fear Spurs TEAM will be ready! That I am sure of!

Can't wait for the real games of PO to start... It's been a LOOOONG season!!!:shocked

Go Spurs Go!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 04-11-13, 12:02 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

If they keep playing like this...it doesn't matter who they play. They are sucking at this point. It hurts me to say this, but it's true. If they get their collective heads out of their behinds, then I want them to beat the Lakers in 4. They were terrible tonight against the Nuggets. They had that game in the bag, then they quit playing, and hitting shots. Standing around like they've never play team ball before.

"Manu is wacko. He has no fear." - Gregg Popovich
Old 04-11-13, 12:41 AM
The Master Baiter

I know everyone wants to beat the Lakers, but after watching them a few times, they present some size matchup problems. They would make the Spurs sweat, particularly an injured Spurs team. Getting that 2 spot doesn't look so bad to me.
Old 04-11-13, 01:09 AM
SR Team Goof

Of the following teams: OKC, Denver, LAC, GSW, Memphis, Houston, Utah and LAL, I feel the Lakers are the most dangerous for the Spurs. I say that only because this season has been a big disappointment for the Lakers and everybody who watches and plays basketball knows it. If they make it into the playoffs, their season would be complete; anything beyond that is gravy. The Lakers have nothing to lose because they’ve already lost face in the league and they would have everything to gain by being a spoiler. I’d gladly take any team other than the Lakers.
Old 04-11-13, 01:21 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Of the following teams: OKC, Denver, LAC, GSW, Memphis, Houston, Utah and LAL, I feel the Lakers are the most dangerous for the Spurs. I say that only because this season has been a big disappointment for the Lakers and everybody who watches and plays basketball knows it. If they make it into the playoffs, their season would be complete; anything beyond that is gravy. The Lakers have nothing to lose because they’ve already lost face in the league and they would have everything to gain by being a spoiler. I’d gladly take any team other than the Lakers.
We are not facing LA so don't worry about it, Spurs lost that 1st seed when they lost to Miami and Memphis back to back, after that I knew it was gone and it was only a matter of time until it was fully gone. #2 does not seem so bad, but honestly man they need to get healthy and so on before we even care about the playoffs at all yet. They are limping in, they are in some trouble.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-11-13, 02:20 AM

seeing as how Tiago couldn't post up a squirrel let alone a big, Utah would definitely cause trouble with their 3 big man sets
Old 04-11-13, 03:08 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
seeing as how Tiago couldn't post up a squirrel let alone a big, Utah would definitely cause trouble with their 3 big man sets
OH HOW FAR we have come from last years playoffs when we easily swept that team damnit. This is reality but it sucks now.
Old 04-11-13, 07:58 AM

It's looking more and more like Hou or GSW. Give me the Warriors anyday......all day!!!! No playoff experience and no defence. I'll take it! Hou wouldn't be a horrible match-up but I'd rather see the Warriors in the 1st round
Old 04-11-13, 09:51 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
It's looking more and more like Hou or GSW. Give me the Warriors anyday......all day!!!! No playoff experience and no defence. I'll take it! Hou wouldn't be a horrible match-up but I'd rather see the Warriors in the 1st round
Yo, Esparzar1, don't jump out there too fast about no playoff experience. Let's not forget what Golden State did to Dallas back in 2007 (see attached link). And our Captain Jack was center stage in that series.

NBA.com: Warriors Make History, Close Out Mavs
Old 04-12-13, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Yo, Esparzar1, don't jump out there too fast about no playoff experience. Let's not forget what Golden State did to Dallas back in 2007 (see attached link). And our Captain Jack was center stage in that series.

NBA.com: Warriors Make History, Close Out Mavs
That team had Baron Davis and SJax who both had prior playoff experience. don't get me wrong, anything is possible in the playoffs. With that being said for a 1st round opponent, GSW>HOU all day, everyday. Just my .02!
Old 04-12-13, 08:55 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I don't mind the losing and sitting players like the spurs are doing so we can play the rockets and not the lakers.
Old 04-12-13, 05:22 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcell31 View Post
I don't mind the losing and sitting players like the spurs are doing so we can play the rockets and not the lakers.
Now we're losing and waiving players.
And maybe take on the GSW.