News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-03-13, 12:08 AM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

CIA Pop

I'm watching the lakers play Dallas, and I'm wondering... Do the spurs want the #1 seed in the west? Or do they want okc to play the lakers in the first round?

They sit ginobili for the rest of the season, and they're offense in the last few minutes of these games has been horrible. Timmy and kawhi sat against Memphis. I think I would take Houston or golden state in the first round. And I still feel like we would beat either the clippers or Memphis, if Denver falls to the 4 seed.

Just a die hard spurs fan, trying to take a positive approach to this team sputtering to the end.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-03-13, 08:24 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

1st off, why would we not want to beat up the sorry Lakers in the 1st round?

2nd, why do you think the Lakers (who have lost 4 of their last 7) are going to beat out Utah (who are on a 5 game win streak).

I would rather play the Lakers than any of the other 3 teams we might play if we were the 2nd seed (Jazz, rockets, or Warriors). In fact, I think it would be a tough road for OKC to have to play James Harden and the rockets, then Denver while we beat up both LA teams.
Old 04-03-13, 08:42 AM
The Master Baiter

I don't think there's any easy ride for the Spurs either way. The Clippers do present some minor problems, Denver as well. But I think with everyone healthy, the Thunder is the only team that can beat the Spurs, because of their defensive capabilities. Same with Miami. And the Thunder would have no problem dispatching the Lakers.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-03-13, 09:27 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I think the problem is all of these teams in the west think they can beat us due to our past 5 years poor playoffs showing and as we all know the mental aspect of any sport is huge, saying that, I rather not see the Fakers, they history, pride , even luck sometimes, Kobe, Nash (we bring the best out of him), D'Anthony wants to beat us Baadd! and the most important thing David Stern on their side, we all know any close games will go for the fakers not us, not afraid of the fakers but prudence of what they can bring to the table, but would we take Fakers in the first round or go on the road against Thunder in the conference finals?
Old 04-03-13, 09:50 AM
SpursReport Rookie

By the way, I know this is not what this story is about or thread, but we have a better record in games decided by 3 pts or less than OKC. We are 8-5 and OKC IS 3-6
Old 04-03-13, 11:28 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Nope, Spurs are struggling right now....period. No CIA Pop this time. The good thing IMO is the Spurs are now "under the radar" just like we/they like it! I beleive they have the team to win it all. It's a matter of bringing thier heart and health to the playoffs. No one scares me in the West. Miami is the only team I see that can challange the Spurs. Just my 2 cents
Old 04-03-13, 01:05 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
Nope, Spurs are struggling right now....period. No CIA Pop this time. The good thing IMO is the Spurs are now "under the radar" just like we/they like it! I beleive they have the team to win it all. It's a matter of bringing thier heart and health to the playoffs. No one scares me in the West. Miami is the only team I see that can challange the Spurs. Just my 2 cents
^^^^^ This, they are not tanking they are seriously just playing bad right now! No giving up the first seed as I know they want it and probably need it against OKC! I seriously doubt this team is tanking right now to say the least.

OKC does scare me in the West though, if they have HC in that series they will be VERY TOUGH to beat. DO NOT overlook them because they can beat this Spurs team. Do not just go into the Postseason thinking that will be an easy series or this is a cakewalk because it is far from that.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-03-13, 02:20 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

There are people afraid of the Lakers? Really? The Lakers?
Old 04-03-13, 07:36 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

The goal is to win as many games and get the best seeding for the playoffs. The also helps momentum and peaking at the right time and let's not forget our streak of 60 win seasons.
Old 04-03-13, 07:39 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
^^^^^ This, they are not tanking they are seriously just playing bad right now! No giving up the first seed as I know they want it and probably need it against OKC! I seriously doubt this team is tanking right now to say the least.

OKC does scare me in the West though, if they have HC in that series they will be VERY TOUGH to beat. DO NOT overlook them because they can beat this Spurs team. Do not just go into the Postseason thinking that will be an easy series or this is a cakewalk because it is far from that.
OKC is tough, don't get me wrong but IMO they lost their "Manu" when they lost Harden. He was their heart. He was the X factor. Without him I think the Spurs win regardless of HCA. Will it be easy? Hell no, but I firmly believe they can beat OKC this year. Again, just my 2 cents!!

Last edited by esparzar1; 04-04-13 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-04-13, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit7 View Post
I'm watching the lakers play Dallas, and I'm wondering... Do the spurs want the #1 seed in the west? Or do they want okc to play the lakers in the first round?

They sit ginobili for the rest of the season, and they're offense in the last few minutes of these games has been horrible. Timmy and kawhi sat against Memphis. I think I would take Houston or golden state in the first round. And I still feel like we would beat either the clippers or Memphis, if Denver falls to the 4 seed.

Just a die hard spurs fan, trying to take a positive approach to this team sputtering to the end.
we'd kill the Lakers with depth. they're plagued with injuries and score in big chunks at times, but in a really slow pace. they're on a 6-7 man rotation with banged up bodies.

if anyone's scared of the Lakers, they should be a lottery team for trying to tank to get the fast paced Rockets.
Old 04-04-13, 08:21 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
we'd kill the Lakers with depth. they're plagued with injuries and score in big chunks at times, but in a really slow pace. they're on a 6-7 man rotation with banged up bodies.

if anyone's scared of the Lakers, they should be a lottery team for trying to tank to get the fast paced Rockets.

Honestly I afraid of to match with Lakers in the first round. Yes they're playing with 6-7 man rotation but in play-offs all the teams are tightening their rotation to 8 player at most. So deep rotation is not a big advantage in play-offs.(Especially in the first round)

And they have Nash-Kobe and Howard in their roster. I don't know what the health situatiıons of Meta World Peace and Gasol are, but i believe that they will be ready for play-offs. This team is old like dirt but they have gasous on their tank to make a play-off run. Moreover media attention will be on them and it's not a very good thing for us since Lakers is a media vulture. Plus that I believe that Stern wants a Miami-Lakers final too much before he croaks. (sorry resigns)

That's why I don't want Lakers match-up in the first round and I'm ready to give up HCA against OKC for that.
Old 04-04-13, 08:37 AM
SpursReport Team Member

We had nice momentum last year, perhaps, too much. This year, maybe it will be a slow, steady build. Win a bit before going in, rest the old Guys and maybe we ll be fine...I'm more hopeful than confident. Last year, I was certain ...and I was wrong. Td playing great ...if he can manage.,.,its possible
Old 04-04-13, 11:41 AM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post

Here are the Spurs records vs. the Rockets and Lakers:

Lakers:
84-82, W, November 13
Injuries:
Steve Nash, Steve Blake

108-105, W, Jauary 8
Injuries:
Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Steve Blake

Rockets:
114-92, W, December 7
No Injuries for the Rockets

134-126, W, December 10
Injuries:
James Harden

122-116, W, December 28

96-95, L, March 24

Yes, we did lose a close game to the rockets, on the road, when Harden hit a game winning shot. But the Spurs haven't played this Lakers team yet this season. They are finally healthy, minus world peace.

I think the spurs would beat the Lakers anyway, but I would rather see them play the Rockets. We've seen them at full strength and we've blown them out. We've played two grind it out games against the Lakers, and they were without key pieces both times, yet for some reason we could only squeak out a 2 and a 3 point win??

I think that makes sense.
Old 04-04-13, 12:46 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit7 View Post
Here are the Spurs records vs. the Rockets and Lakers:

Lakers:
84-82, W, November 13
Injuries:
Steve Nash, Steve Blake

108-105, W, Jauary 8
Injuries:
Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Steve Blake

Rockets:
114-92, W, December 7

134-126, W, December 10
Injuries:
James Harden

122-116, W, December 28

96-95, L, March 24

Yes, we did lose a close game to the rockets, on the road, when Harden hit a game winning shot. But the Spurs haven't played this Lakers team yet this season. They are finally healthy, minus world peace.

I think the spurs would beat the Lakers anyway, but I would rather see them play the Rockets. We've seen them at full strength and we've blown them out. We've played two grind it out games against the Lakers, and they were without key pieces both times, yet for some reason we could only squeak out a 2 and a 3 point win??

I think that makes sense.
Don't worry I would bet we will probably be facing the Rockets anyways! I hope GSW slips down to the 7th so we can pound them! But I truly believe we will be rolling against Houston in that round one and I hope that gives some time to heal and get their rhythm. Houston is not bad either though, they could win a few.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.