News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-01-13, 09:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Neal....

opted for a jumper instead of passing to jackson on fastbreak...

Anyways Spurs fooking suck ass lately. Last 5 games decided by 1 or 2 points. we had a good lead but let the other team slowly catch up.

What the fook is up with them? Its like they're robbed of their mojo. If they keep this up, another first round exit.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-01-13, 09:28 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I just mentioned in another thread about his porous defense allowing a wide open 3 to help double team zach in the post when were up 3. Dude can score but he's a liability late in the game on the defensive end. I'm pretty sure I can score on the guy and I don't ball often. I'm disgusted with him and have let off on him because he's finally scoring but his defensive liability hurts more than his scoring helps

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-01-13, 09:35 PM
SpursReport Rookie

This team will lose the top seed in the West and eventually get knock out in first round. Manu being out just makes it worst. The team seems to be lacking something now. Also, how about Parker start passing the damm ball and stop forcing tough shots. Also, will this team ever learn how to run a fast break? How many defensive breakdowns is this now?
Old 04-01-13, 10:45 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalloJD View Post
opted for a jumper instead of passing to jackson on fastbreak...

Anyways Spurs fooking suck ass lately. Last 5 games decided by 1 or 2 points. we had a good lead but let the other team slowly catch up.
I am just about sick and tired of that right there, lead and then can't hit a bucket and the other team gets hot and catches up only to lead in the end. They are pathetic.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-02-13, 12:54 AM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

Ok rzarector, you've jumped off the wagon. Don't get back on when the spurs reach the finals. They lose two close games and they're pathetic? Ridiculous.
Old 04-02-13, 01:40 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit7 View Post
Ok rzarector, you've jumped off the wagon. Don't get back on when the spurs reach the finals. They lose two close games and they're pathetic? Ridiculous.
LOL at I jumped off the wagon for pointing out some facts about this team! I am sorry but I hate when fans say do not jump back on because you point out some flaws or vent after a few games! Close games I know, but one without Wade and Bron, how you think they fair against them with them?

You think they will reach the finals, I am off the wagon you said but I can say you are delusional there but the fact is neither is right yet. I have been a real fan forever now, seen flaws and called them out before and heard the same thing you just said to me, but it came out to be true in the end! I hate to be right there but it's reality at times.

If this team catches fire and makes the finals this year I can post all I want as I have been here since 03 and love this team, do not tell me I am off a bandwaggon or can't come back on when I am not a bandwaggon FAN! GOD FORBID A FAN point out some facts or flaws! Thats not allowed!!!!!!! Everything is perfect here, Spurs are fine! No need to talk about games anymore during this season.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-02-13, 02:03 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Honestly I really don't understand why the people are in meltdown mode after 2 regular season losses. Regular season is regular season.

Let's put Miami game aside and when I've checked tonight's boxscore, I saw that Memphis could barely beat us despite Duncan, Manu and Kawhi were not playing. Manu's situation is in jeopardy for play-offs' first round but the rest 2 will come back definetely. So what is all "exit in first round" posts' meaning?

We may finish West in 2nd place(which is better than finishing 1st if Lakers makes play-offs) and will play against Houston in that case. Do you really believe that Houston can beat us in 7 game series?

If Memphis finishes 4th, we will play Denver-Golden State winner in conference semis. We can assume that Manu will back in that series. So one of those two teams beat us in 7 game series? Yes? Why? Since we've lost 2 games in final minutes in regular season? That's rubbish.
Old 04-02-13, 02:19 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaboylu View Post
Honestly I really don't understand why the people are in meltdown mode after 2 regular season losses. Regular season is regular season.

Let's put Miami game aside and when I've checked tonight's boxscore, I saw that Memphis could barely beat us despite Duncan, Manu and Kawhi were not playing. Manu's situation is in jeopardy for play-offs' first round but the rest 2 will come back definetely. So what is all "exit in first round" posts' meaning?

We may finish West in 2nd place(which is better than finishing 1st if Lakers makes play-offs) and will play against Houston in that case. Do you really believe that Houston can beat us in 7 game series?

If Memphis finishes 4th, we will play Denver-Golden State winner in conference semis. We can assume that Manu will back in that series. So one of those two teams beat us in 7 game series? Yes? Why? Since we've lost 2 games in final minutes in regular season? That's rubbish.
Once again I am talking about the last minute or so in games! I am talking about the O stalling in games when they go ISO and start to look horrible and then chuck up a desperation shot to try and bail it out! Thats not just going to go away and it's been here as someone said in a thread for a little while now.

This Spurs team has some serious flaws showing lately! If you can't see them then okay you don't, but they are there. This team will not just magically go on a run in the playoffs because they started and Pop will not change his play calling late nor his rotations! It is what it is. This team relies on the threes alot and doesn't have a closer right now, period. Tim almost bailed them out again against Miami, without him though who? Who else will step up late in the crunch? Manu? He is always out now, he needs to get into a rhythm and he has not all year.
Old 04-02-13, 06:15 AM
SpursReport Team Member

It's not just two regular season losses. LAST 5 GAMES decided by 2 points or less. They're having trouble closing out games, defense is faltering. Have you not been watching any of the games? Most if not all of the teams in the West will know how to slow down the Spurs offense. We rely too much on Parker, jump shots and 3's.
Old 04-02-13, 08:20 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

I actually liked Neal's aggressiveness tonight. Had some shots fall for him but he was atleast looking to shoot most of the night. Had one horrible play (mentonied above) but was still nice to see him come out of the funk ( a little). Perhaps he can give the Spurs a little boost until playoff time while Manu's out.
Old 04-02-13, 09:04 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Neal is always looking to shoot. Always. That's his flaw, well, that and his poor D. He very frequently pulls up for a mid range contested jumper in the half court set rather than making the extra pass. If someone sets a screen for him, he's gonna pull up and shoot on the other side every time. He's one dimensional. If you watch Tony, someone sets a screen and he'll pull up, drive and layup, drive and floater, drive and kick, step back and reverse the ball, or step back and feed the picker on the roll. Recognizing these multiple options is just not in Neal's skill set. His role needs to be more Bowen, Jarren Jackson, Kerr on offense as a spot up guy only. Just sit and wait and let the game come to him. On D he could afford to take some lessons from a pylon.
Old 04-02-13, 09:30 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalloJD View Post
It's not just two regular season losses. LAST 5 GAMES decided by 2 points or less. They're having trouble closing out games, defense is faltering. Have you not been watching any of the games? Most if not all of the teams in the West will know how to slow down the Spurs offense. We rely too much on Parker, jump shots and 3's.
Yes every teams knew to slow down Miami but basically they can't. Knowing something doesn't mean you can do it. We rely on jump shots, Parker and 3s by good and fast ball movement. When we shoot and hit the open 3s, no team can't stop us, this is a fact. When Parker would play in high standard in a whole play-off series, we have chance against all the teams.

Last 5 games decided 2 points or less. So what? We won 2 of them, lost to ref's decision in 1 of them and lost 1 of them with 3 starters were absent. We didn't blow huge score advantage in none of them and all of them were against strong teams. Yes we may suffer in final minutes of those games but that may chaneg in play-offs when Manu turns back and S-Jax shows up.
Old 04-02-13, 09:35 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I still think this "funk" losing close games are going to just help us to the playoffs, close games, we ll be use to it, at some point we going to figure out that we need to trust and pass the ball Tony Parker (you are the MVP top three ) this year but come on, look at the floor and see or look for your teammates ,
Old 04-02-13, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaboylu View Post
Yes every teams knew to slow down Miami but basically they can't. Knowing something doesn't mean you can do it. We rely on jump shots, Parker and 3s by good and fast ball movement. When we shoot and hit the open 3s, no team can't stop us, this is a fact. When Parker would play in high standard in a whole play-off series, we have chance against all the teams.

Last 5 games decided 2 points or less. So what? We won 2 of them, lost to ref's decision in 1 of them and lost 1 of them with 3 starters were absent. We didn't blow huge score advantage in none of them and all of them were against strong teams. Yes we may suffer in final minutes of those games but that may chaneg in play-offs when Manu turns back and S-Jax shows up.
agreed. I think Neal can contribute as well. We still need that "2nd star" player to step up when TP is struggling and create their own show. Manu and Timmy used to be able to do that and still can up to an extent however, they have yet to show that they can do it consistanly. I'm praying to God Kawhi can do this for us come playoff time
Old 04-02-13, 01:00 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMadrid12 View Post
I still think this "funk" losing close games are going to just help us to the playoffs, close games, we ll be use to it, at some point we going to figure out that we need to trust and pass the ball Tony Parker (you are the MVP top three ) this year but come on, look at the floor and see or look for your teammates ,
So you would hope...... Stay tuned.
Old 04-02-13, 05:37 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

we've seen it before. no surprise.
playoff time... time for spurs to start fadin after a good season. remember dallas back when we use to be champs... kinda like that! lol
Old 04-02-13, 05:45 PM

back to the thread topic:

Neal can't pass, so this shouldn't be surprising.
Old 04-02-13, 07:51 PM
The Master Baiter

I think Neal was doomed to fail yesterday. With 3 of your top four guys not playing, someone has to score. And that's all he can do. So you have to take the bad with the good. Yesterday it was back to the days when he was your backup point guard.
Old 04-02-13, 11:52 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

On any other day throughout the season, I would agree that "Neil can't pass". However, in this game, I witnessed 2 brilliant passes by Neil (both crisp and accurate), one cross court and overhead while in motion and the other was a threading bounce pass to a Spur moving baseline who finished. I was impressed and wondering if he has been working on this aspect of his game.
Old 04-03-13, 12:07 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
On any other day throughout the season, I would agree that "Neil can't pass". However, in this game, I witnessed 2 brilliant passes by Neil (both crisp and accurate), one cross court and overhead while in motion and the other was a threading bounce pass to a Spur moving baseline who finished. I was impressed and wondering if he has been working on this aspect of his game.
Doubt it, probably the two best passes he did all year long.
Old 04-04-13, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I think Neal was doomed to fail yesterday. With 3 of your top four guys not playing, someone has to score. And that's all he can do. So you have to take the bad with the good. Yesterday it was back to the days when he was your backup point guard.
same thing with the Heat last game. when you have more shots and more room for error, you play a bit looser and it seemed to help him imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
Magic are the 2nd worst overall team in the league, i wouldn't put too much stock on last night's game.
Old 04-04-13, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
same thing with the Heat last game. when you have more shots and more room for error, you play a bit looser and it seemed to help him imo

Magic are the 2nd worst overall team in the league, i wouldn't put too much stock on last night's game.
I'll take it, I called it (read above) if Neal can at least be a decent "stop gap" with Manu out then I would be happy! He had a good game last night and his shot looks a lot better. Seems like he's shooting with confidence again. I'm fine with Neal in small doses
Old 04-04-13, 10:07 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

It's not only Neal even Green has developed a selfish mentality and often takes a poor % shot even when has a wide open team mate. Pop need to real them in as even TD is doing that too much too!
Old 04-04-13, 12:23 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post

Against Memphis, not Orlando.