News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-27-13, 11:09 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

I love Manu but......

What is going on with him? Now, he did hit the game winner but where was he for the other 46 min of the game and why the hell is he running point late in the 4th when the game is on the line? Somebody please explain to me what is going on...I just don't see it. Manu has played like hammered dog poo for about the last 10 games. Please, someone, try and make sense of this.....
Old 03-27-13, 11:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I agree!! Parker should have had the ball in the closing seconds of last 2 games! As for Manu, he better find his A game pretty soon, he just seems to be a bit slow on some aspects of his game.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-27-13, 11:51 PM
The Master Baiter

Well, I've tried to say it all along, then he has a couple of unbelievable games, gets all the Manu Teabaggers excited (even I ate crow when he had 15 assists the same day I bashed him), then he has a long string of below standard games. And while he may seem to have a decent stat line, it's his bad defense and untimely turnovers that are hurting the team. And here's the kicker, he's been doing this for 3 years. Even last year, when he played well statistically against OKC in the playoffs, it was turnovers that stopped momentum, bad shots, bad defensive gambling that would kill them.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-27-13, 11:56 PM
The Master Baiter

And to add to that, his running the show when he's in the game is taking away from KY. KY has the ability to create and score, he should be taking many more shots than Manu.
Old 03-28-13, 12:24 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

He played all last summer pretty much and he is getting older, no more no less. He can make plays at times, but not nearly as much as he used to.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 03-28-13, 12:34 AM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Seriously... he had one set of plays that were foul, turnover, foul and I'm just sitting here yelling at the tv for Manu to freaking stop gambling on all that crap and just move his feet to play D instead of trying to poke everything away all the time. Its driving me crazy. And as for the last couple of games when hes been running it at the end, the team has gone completely stagnant and if i remember right, they may not have even scored within the last minute of both of these last two games. Driving me insane lol
Old 03-28-13, 01:44 AM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

He hit the 3 that have us the lead by five. Then he got Duncan an open shot that would have put us up by 3. Stop complaining and just enjoy a quality win.
Old 03-28-13, 03:24 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit7 View Post
He hit the 3 that have us the lead by five. Then he got Duncan an open shot that would have put us up by 3. Stop complaining and just enjoy a quality win.
I agree and quality win, but does this mean he has not struggled alot lately and we can't talk about it? He has and thats calling a spade a spade! I am sure heads want to see him do alot better in here as we are Manu and better yet Spurs fans!

Some can talk about it, nothing wrong with voicing what you see nor think at the time. Like I said before he is getting older and played so many years on end, it happens and he has to be tired at times and age will make all fall off some. Manu is still MANU and always will be! I love that dude! I hope he does alot better soon and for the playoffs. That being said I am concerned some about his game, can't lie and will not lie about that.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 03-28-13 at 03:27 AM.
Old 03-28-13, 07:57 AM

he's struggling a lot and i think it's more of him (and the team) wanting the playoffs to get here. when TP was hurt, he brought out some really good games and now he's seemed to get back in the funk.

Manu handling the rock at the end of the game is Pop's nostalgia. if you're going to get on Manu having the ball, call Pop out on it right away even though there's going to be those who'll come out and defend the guy on it by calling out ur coaching experience or championship rings (weak answers btw). there could also be that TP isn't fully conditioned yet so he's more of a decoy than the main focus at the end of the games.
Old 03-28-13, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
And to add to that, his running the show when he's in the game is taking away from KY. KY has the ability to create and score, he should be taking many more shots than Manu.
Thats all on Kawhi, not Manu. How many times does Kawhi get the ball at the top of the 3 point line and face up his defender just to swing it to someone else. Dude needs to be more aggressive.

I don't see many plays being called for Manu either, but he has never been shy about trying to make something happen. I can agree with most that Manu isn't the same player, but he put us over the top last night, and where was KY? His hesitance to drive is more concerning to me than Manu Ginobili's turnovers. BTW Tony Parker led the team in TO's with 5 last night...
Old 03-28-13, 11:56 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Manu has not had a good year. I hope he comes back though with a major paycut!
Old 03-28-13, 01:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Who the heck is KY?
Old 03-28-13, 02:23 PM

Kawhi pronounced Kuh-Why. KY. But I'm certain you knew who we were talking about.
Old 03-28-13, 02:23 PM

Its all Uwe's fault though.
Old 03-28-13, 02:41 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Manu seems to be forcing plays instead of letting his experience and talent come thru. Some of the mistakes and turnovers remind me of his earlier years.
Old 03-28-13, 02:42 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Its all Uwe's fault though.
It takes me 5 minutes to spell his name correctly. I can type two letters much faster.
Old 03-28-13, 03:01 PM
SpursReport Team Member

This isn't the big stage yet,I believe Manu will show up when the real season starts
Old 03-28-13, 05:43 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvernblackfan View Post
This isn't the big stage yet,I believe Manu will show up when the real season starts
Just like last year?
Old 03-28-13, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Thats all on Kawhi, not Manu. How many times does Kawhi get the ball at the top of the 3 point line and face up his defender just to swing it to someone else. Dude needs to be more aggressive.

I don't see many plays being called for Manu either, but he has never been shy about trying to make something happen. I can agree with most that Manu isn't the same player, but he put us over the top last night, and where was KY? His hesitance to drive is more concerning to me than Manu Ginobili's turnovers. BTW Tony Parker led the team in TO's with 5 last night...
that's on the coach, not either player. Leonard could probably create, but Pop is keeping with Manu even when he's dead horrible.

but let's not talk about how Pop is imperfect, that tends to rub people the wrong way.
Old 03-29-13, 12:13 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Manu has not had a good year. I hope he comes back though with a major paycut!
If he continues to struggle like this and can't produce much anymore I hope he decides to retire at the end of the season instead. It's already painful to watch him ending his career like this. I don't want to see him get worse (if there's any possible way). By the way I wonder if coming off the bench isn't good for him anymore. The interesting thing is all I've heard was he was hitting all his shots in warm ups. Amazing how cold he gets going from hitting shots in warm ups to coming in cold off the bench.

Last edited by kmgospurs; 03-29-13 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-29-13, 12:20 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmgospurs View Post
If he continues to struggle like this and can't produce much anymore I hope he decides to retire at the end of the season instead. It's already painful to watch him ending his career like this. I don't want to see him get worse (if there's any possible way). By the way I wonder if coming off the bench isn't good for him anymore. The interesting thing is all I've heard was he was hitting all his shots in warm ups. Amazing how cold he gets going from hitting shots in warm ups to coming in cold off the bench.
Maybe he should start, but Danny Green then would be ice cold and we know he is fragile in psyche at times. I would be open to them starting Manu though, idea has been discussed but in all honesty we are not the coach so we can't do a thing about it.
Old 03-29-13, 08:08 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Green has been our firestarter early in games, but he could possibly give the Spurs some bench production. If you have noticed, the past couple of games the bench has really sucked....all of them. Dare I say bring Gary Neal in?!?!?!
Old 03-29-13, 11:51 AM

What I don't understand is we have the best record in the west, two games up in the loss column to OKC, with all the injuries we have had to deal with this season. Probably gonna win 60 games again, and we are coming off a win against a desperate and red hot Nuggets team.

If it don't itch, why scratch it? I'm hearing that we need to shake up the line-up and bring bench players in to start to get their confidence up. Tony went down with an injury at the beginning of march, lets get him re-acclimated to being our go-to-guy before we blow it up and put Danny Green on the bench. Take a deep breath guys, and if you need to, take a look at the Lakers and have yourself a good laugh.
Old 03-29-13, 12:03 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Ok, I've said this before,

I've also noticed that his FT aren't a sure thing anymore. Manu is an emotional player and his confidence at the FT line may be affecting his whole game.

1. He is straight up or leaning forward now, he used to shoot it fading away and was much more accurate.

2. Maybe he is trying to change his game, in order to preserve himself. Every player has to in order to keep playing.

3. Isn't he a FA also, maybe Spurs Org. Hasn't offered an extension.
Old 03-29-13, 12:13 PM
The Master Baiter

For me, it's because I'm seeing all the same patterns from last year. Whether it's Pop's fault, Manu's or whoever, Manu should not be this integral to the greater good. They need to phase him into being more of a role player because he's not as good as used to be. Good things used to happen when Manu touched the ball, now it's about half the time. But good things usually happen when KY touches the ball, so their roles need to be reversed. You see it in minutes played, but not in touches or responsibility.
Old 03-29-13, 03:08 PM
SR's Resident Laker Hater

[QUOTE] Take a deep breath guys, and if you need to, take a look at the Lakers and have yourself a good laugh.
[/quote]

So true, Lakers web sites are sheer comedy gold.

Don't worry about Manu.....he's too much of a pro to hurt this team. EVER.
He's due that much plus he's not a Laker.

LAKERS REALLY DO SUCK
Old 03-29-13, 11:38 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I speculate that both Manu and Jackson get cheap retiring contracts in the off-season. It's time to free up $ for new blood and keep these vets for integrity and guidance.
Old 03-30-13, 01:20 PM
The Master Baiter

It's interesting that Manu's injured again and nary a soul has commented on it. I was a the game, hope I wasn't bad luck for him. KY sucked hard last night though. He looked kind of slow and lumbering, I wonder if he's hurting too.
Old 03-30-13, 03:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffedmushroomz View Post
Ok, I've said this before,

I've also noticed that his FT aren't a sure thing anymore. Manu is an emotional player and his confidence at the FT line may be affecting his whole game.

1. He is straight up or leaning forward now, he used to shoot it fading away and was much more accurate.

2. Maybe he is trying to change his game, in order to preserve himself. Every player has to in order to keep playing.

3. Isn't he a FA also, maybe Spurs Org. Hasn't offered an extension.
With good injury history, I can't see paying him no more than 3 -5 million for 2 more seasons max. I love him, but he's going to have to taper his game back and maybe start running people off screens and spotting up more.... Little less crashing into the paint, and ball handling. Ala the Tim Duncan effect.