News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-13, 10:55 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Official Nuggets at Spurs Game Thread (7:30)

7:30 PM
TV: FSN

Denver (49 - 23)

at

San Antonio (53 - 17)

Nuggets-Spurs Preview

By JEFF BARTL
STATS Writer

(AP) -- Given their recent play without starting point guard Ty Lawson, coach George Karl wasn't surprised that the Denver Nuggets' lengthy winning streak came to end.

Getting back on track likely won't be any easier when Denver visits a San Antonio Spurs team that's seeking a sixth consecutive home victory Wednesday night.

Lawson has missed the last three games with a right heel injury and it's uncertain when he'll return. The Nuggets (49-23) have struggled against sub-.500 competition without him, slipping past Philadelphia and Sacramento by a combined seven points before losing 110-86 at New Orleans on Monday.

The defeat ended a team record-tying 15-game winning streak, and Lawson's absence was clearly a big factor.

"He's important to us because he makes everyone else fit," Karl said. "These last three games we were thinking we are better than we are. It's human nature."

Danilo Gallinari had 24 points Monday, but he's shot 32 percent over his last nine games. Andre Miller has been starting in Lawson's place and scored nine for Denver, which was held to its lowest point total since an 81-72 loss to Memphis on Dec. 29.

"We were constantly taking the ball out of the basket and getting frustrated," Miller said. "They outplayed us and outworked us at both ends."

While Denver has been awaiting the return of its point guard, Tony Parker has thrived for the Spurs in his two games back after missing the previous eight with a sprained left ankle.

Parker scored 22 points in a 104-97 overtime win over Utah on Friday and had 23 in a 96-95 loss at Houston on Sunday.

"Tony's fine, feels good," coach Gregg Popovich said. "He probably gets a little winded still but he's playing well."

Parker scored a season-high 12 fourth-quarter points against the Rockets as the Spurs' comeback fell just short.

"TP is getting his rhythm back," Tim Duncan said. "He's feeling good and obviously, he's our attack guy on the floor and he is the guy we go through in the fourth quarter. He made some plays to get us back in the game and gave us a chance to win it."

San Antonio (53-17), which leads Oklahoma City by 1 1/2 games in the race for the top seed in the Western Conference, had its four-game winning streak snapped.

"The last few games have been pretty good," Popovich said. "I thought we worked hard, executed pretty well, (but) you can't turn it over 18 times on the road."

The Spurs, winners of five straight at home, follow this contest by hosting the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday before Sunday's showdown with league-best Miami, which is riding a 27-game winning streak.

"You have to take it game by game," Duncan said. "I don't think anyone goes into any streak thinking they're going to win 20-some in a row. It kind of builds and you start feeling good about yourself. It'll be a great game (versus Miami)."

The Spurs have won four of the last five meetings with the Nuggets in San Antonio.
Duncan finished with 31 points and 18 rebounds but Gallinari scored 28 in Denver's 112-106 home victory in the most recent matchup Dec. 18.
Old 03-27-13, 11:01 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Spurs108
5 Piece Chicken Nuggets 102

Last edited by Eddy from Austin; 03-27-13 at 05:32 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-27-13, 12:53 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

I'll be there tonight!!! Spurs have always answered the call for big games this season. They will do it once again!
Spurs 109
Nuggets 94
Old 03-27-13, 02:28 PM
SR Team Goof

This should be a good one. Let's see if the Spurs defense is back yet for their run down murders row. CBSSports has Ty Lawson as questionable on their injury report.

Spurs.........92
Nuggets.....87
Old 03-27-13, 02:43 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Spurs will take this one. Spurs 99 Nuggets 92.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-27-13, 09:37 PM

At the game getting drunk!!!! Danny green keeping us in the game....we ain't moving the ball consistatly. They better get their heads outta their ass in the 2nd half....go spurs go!!!
Old 03-28-13, 12:01 AM

Was the first caller on woai 1200!! My question was , why the hell is Manu running the point at the end of the game? Don't get me wrong, I love Manu. But I just don't get it? What am I missing? TP9 would possibly be MVP if there wasn't two players named Kevin and Lebron....why ain't our best player taking point when the game is on the line???? I'm baffled!
Old 03-28-13, 05:08 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

There was one glaring stat on the stat sheet that I have never seen before. In the plus/minus column, the starters were all positive and the bench players were all negative. It doesn't seem very Spurs-like. Maybe Denver's bench is just that good.
Old 03-28-13, 11:43 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Great win for the Spurs!

Looking forward to the next three games.
This should give good assessment roughly on current Spurs TEAM before PO.
Hope Spurs can maintain their composure and never get too low or too high... Make it Count! Just play as One TEAM One Goal One Destiny!!!! Win or a Bust!

Proud of my Spurs!

Go Spurs Go!!