News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-25-13, 01:42 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511
Splitter: I will look at all my options during free agency

San Antonio Spurs center Tiago Splitter is having his best season overall since joining the team. In his third season, he is averaging 10.5 points, 6.2 rebounds, shooting 73% from the free throw line and 57% from the field this season.

He has definitely come a long way since his rookie season and is now an integral part of the Spurs this season.

Click HERE to read the article
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-25-13, 03:53 PM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,588

He's going to get a big contract offer from somewhere. It's going to be interesting. Asik got a back loaded deal, 5 mil for two years then 15 mil the last year.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-13, 06:22 PM
Orient Express's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 174

Let me throw this into the splitter conversation: anyone out there think the Spurs make a run at Dwight Howard? Don't know exactly what the cap number's expected to be, but they could max (or come close to maxing) a guy out...the sell would be he could be Duncan to Duncan's Robinson (as Duncan is a few years away from retirement), Twin Towers, a culture where teammates don't throw each other under the bus or point fingers, no crazy media, etc.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-13, 08:22 PM
MRJONESIII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient Express View Post
Let me throw this into the splitter conversation: anyone out there think the Spurs make a run at Dwight Howard? Don't know exactly what the cap number's expected to be, but they could max (or come close to maxing) a guy out...the sell would be he could be Duncan to Duncan's Robinson (as Duncan is a few years away from retirement), Twin Towers, a culture where teammates don't throw each other under the bus or point fingers, no crazy media, etc.
He might complain that he can't be #12. Pop wouldn't think of it. Especially after the All star weekend. Plus he hasn't shown not an ounce of maturity. Spurs are probably have the most mature line up, top to bottom. If anything, I'd take DeMarcus Cousins any day of the week over Howard!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-13, 09:52 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient Express View Post
Let me throw this into the splitter conversation: anyone out there think the Spurs make a run at Dwight Howard? Don't know exactly what the cap number's expected to be, but they could max (or come close to maxing) a guy out...the sell would be he could be Duncan to Duncan's Robinson (as Duncan is a few years away from retirement), Twin Towers, a culture where teammates don't throw each other under the bus or point fingers, no crazy media, etc.
because of what he can bring, every team will give their due diligence.

i doubt he'd come here though, but never say never with the cap space we may have.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-26-13, 03:28 PM
mckennaspur1's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Posts: 6,187

Tiago would be a tough loss, without question. But he's not the guy I'd want to pay while tying up money and movement for the next 5 years. $8-10 mil per is fair. He'll get a better offer somewhere. He'll have to decide.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-26-13, 06:40 PM
alh1020's Avatar
SR Team Goof
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Right here
Posts: 5,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
Tiago would be a tough loss, without question. But he's not the guy I'd want to pay while tying up money and movement for the next 5 years. $8-10 mil per is fair. He'll get a better offer somewhere. He'll have to decide.
I agree. If Splitter goes for the big bucks, he won't find the team atmosphere elsewhere and they will expect him to produce immediately with the schema and new faces surrounding him. I wouldn't give Howard the time of day. If the Spurs were to lure him, I'd recommend lacing his contact with incentives to light a fire under him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs make a run for JJ Hickson (Portland). We saw his raw talent while he was with Cleveland and he's impressed me, particularly in the rebounding area. He's still got the youth and is gaining more game experience too. He may not satisfy others with his height (6'9") but he plays around the rim. Problem will be what does 'he' think he's worth.
__________________
Suicide does not end the chances of life getting worse; it only eliminates the possibility of life ever getting better.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-26-13, 07:51 PM
MRJONESIII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,311

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I agree. If Splitter goes for the big bucks, he won't find the team atmosphere elsewhere and they will expect him to produce immediately with the schema and new faces surrounding him. I wouldn't give Howard the time of day. If the Spurs were to lure him, I'd recommend lacing his contact with incentives to light a fire under him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs make a run for JJ Hickson (Portland). We saw his raw talent while he was with Cleveland and he's impressed me, particularly in the rebounding area. He's still got the youth and is gaining more game experience too. He may not satisfy others with his height (6'9") but he plays around the rim. Problem will be what does 'he' think he's worth.
I agree. Everyone thinks they're worth more than they actually are. They all base they're numbers off other similar players which works for the player but not necessarily the team.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0