SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Splitter: I will look at all my options during free agency (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118879-splitter-i-will-look-all-my-options-during-free-agency.html)

Jose_TheGenius 03-25-13 01:42 PM

Splitter: I will look at all my options during free agency

San Antonio Spurs center Tiago Splitter is having his best season overall since joining the team. In his third season, he is averaging 10.5 points, 6.2 rebounds, shooting 73% from the free throw line and 57% from the field this season.

He has definitely come a long way since his rookie season and is now an integral part of the Spurs this season.

Click HERE to read the article

Uwe Blab 03-25-13 03:53 PM

He's going to get a big contract offer from somewhere. It's going to be interesting. Asik got a back loaded deal, 5 mil for two years then 15 mil the last year.

Orient Express 03-25-13 06:22 PM

Let me throw this into the splitter conversation: anyone out there think the Spurs make a run at Dwight Howard? Don't know exactly what the cap number's expected to be, but they could max (or come close to maxing) a guy out...the sell would be he could be Duncan to Duncan's Robinson (as Duncan is a few years away from retirement), Twin Towers, a culture where teammates don't throw each other under the bus or point fingers, no crazy media, etc.

MRJONESIII 03-25-13 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orient Express (Post 1293994)
Let me throw this into the splitter conversation: anyone out there think the Spurs make a run at Dwight Howard? Don't know exactly what the cap number's expected to be, but they could max (or come close to maxing) a guy out...the sell would be he could be Duncan to Duncan's Robinson (as Duncan is a few years away from retirement), Twin Towers, a culture where teammates don't throw each other under the bus or point fingers, no crazy media, etc.

He might complain that he can't be #12. Pop wouldn't think of it. Especially after the All star weekend. Plus he hasn't shown not an ounce of maturity. Spurs are probably have the most mature line up, top to bottom. If anything, I'd take DeMarcus Cousins any day of the week over Howard!

Jose_TheGenius 03-25-13 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orient Express (Post 1293994)

because of what he can bring, every team will give their due diligence.

i doubt he'd come here though, but never say never with the cap space we may have.

mckennaspur1 03-26-13 03:28 PM

Tiago would be a tough loss, without question. But he's not the guy I'd want to pay while tying up money and movement for the next 5 years. $8-10 mil per is fair. He'll get a better offer somewhere. He'll have to decide.

alh1020 03-26-13 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 (Post 1294018)
Tiago would be a tough loss, without question. But he's not the guy I'd want to pay while tying up money and movement for the next 5 years. $8-10 mil per is fair. He'll get a better offer somewhere. He'll have to decide.

I agree. If Splitter goes for the big bucks, he won't find the team atmosphere elsewhere and they will expect him to produce immediately with the schema and new faces surrounding him. I wouldn't give Howard the time of day. If the Spurs were to lure him, I'd recommend lacing his contact with incentives to light a fire under him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs make a run for JJ Hickson (Portland). We saw his raw talent while he was with Cleveland and he's impressed me, particularly in the rebounding area. He's still got the youth and is gaining more game experience too. He may not satisfy others with his height (6'9") but he plays around the rim. Problem will be what does 'he' think he's worth.

MRJONESIII 03-26-13 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1294026)
I agree. If Splitter goes for the big bucks, he won't find the team atmosphere elsewhere and they will expect him to produce immediately with the schema and new faces surrounding him. I wouldn't give Howard the time of day. If the Spurs were to lure him, I'd recommend lacing his contact with incentives to light a fire under him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs make a run for JJ Hickson (Portland). We saw his raw talent while he was with Cleveland and he's impressed me, particularly in the rebounding area. He's still got the youth and is gaining more game experience too. He may not satisfy others with his height (6'9") but he plays around the rim. Problem will be what does 'he' think he's worth.

I agree. Everyone thinks they're worth more than they actually are. They all base they're numbers off other similar players which works for the player but not necessarily the team.