SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   James Harden..... (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118878-james-harden.html)

MRJONESIII 03-25-13 01:37 PM

James Harden.....

Is by far the biggest offensive flopper in the game! The nba should have fined him at 5 times last night! He even tried to lean back into Kawhi on his last shot while his movement was going forward. Freakin' pathetic. Where is World Peace when you need him?!

Jose_TheGenius 03-25-13 01:45 PM

i hate flopping, especially when they help decide a game.

let's not forget our history though. Ginobili was the lead flopper after Divac left the league and that went on for several years. Horry also had his share of flops and throw Oberto in there too.

we're just seeing it a different way since we're not doing it as much anymore.

Rzarector7 03-25-13 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1293986)
i hate flopping, especially when they help decide a game.

let's not forget our history though. Ginobili was the lead flopper after Divac left the league and that went on for several years. Horry also had his share of flops and throw Oberto in there too.

we're just seeing it a different way since we're not doing it as much anymore.

You are right, don't forget to add FISHER in there as well Jose. Everything you said is spot on.

MRJONESIII 03-25-13 02:15 PM

I agree, but now there is a rule to try and prevent this stuff. And not like it was even close to subtle. Watch carefully and his head always jerks back like he was in a rear end car wreck. Someone is suppose to be looking at all cases and issuing fines on EVERYBODY. It's costing teams games.

mckennaspur1 03-26-13 03:30 PM

Somehow Harden has been elevated by the league to that elite status in which it's a foul to even guard him. Must be nice for him...

KAD 03-26-13 04:38 PM

Yup Harden does get away with stuff as he is considered a special player now.

alh1020 03-26-13 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1293986)
i hate flopping, especially when they help decide a game.....

Or how about ending someones possible place in NBA history? I give you Chris Paul's phantnom kick that got Bruce Bowen a suspension, a heavy fine and ended his consecutive game streak at 500. I remember reading how Coach Pop had said he had reviewed the play a number of times and didn't see any contact, which Paul really sold to the refs. That was the day CP3 went on my sh*t list. But I agree, flopping takes away from the true character of the game. Besides, basketball is a non-contact sport, at least, that's what my coach told me many moons ago.

kmgospurs 03-29-13 12:21 AM

Manu never got to the line as much as Harden has though and he's really toned it down the last several years.