SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Kobe's sprain vs Parker's sprain (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118829-kobes-sprain-vs-parkers-sprain.html)

thesuspence281 03-15-13 06:27 PM

Kobe's sprain vs Parker's sprain

Kobe is playing tonight vs the Pacers and it got me wondering what the difference was/is between the two in severity, etc. It seems to me like kobe's must not have been as bad but I'm wondering if it more the fact that kobe knows they need him to make the playoffs and pop knows the spurs can still be ok for the stretch run if they let parker get treatment and heal completely. It seems like Kobe may be playing bc Kobe decides what happens for that team and Parker is out bc everything here has to go through Dr. Pop. Thoughts?

MRJONESIII 03-15-13 06:47 PM

Kobe and his 5 rings are in charge. Dr. Buss is gone and no Phil Jackson. Coach D doesn't have stroke or a set to make Kobe sit out.

MichaelWi101 03-15-13 07:27 PM

Kobe runs the lakers and if he doesn't play they have no chance to make the playoffs, so he'll get a shot to numb it, wrap it tight, and after the season get surgery to fix the damage he's going to do to it.

Spurs aren't a one or two man team while they're horribly inconsistent now, they're still an elite team even with Tony sitting for a bit..

alh1020 03-15-13 08:27 PM

As someone mentioned in another thread, Kobe is a drama queen. The film clip of his shot may show he came down and rolled his ankle but it's hard to believe that his sprain was that severe as the clip does show him walking around without any noticeable limp arguing with the ref about where was the foul. If he's playing tonight, I've got to wonder if his little charade wasn't a well concealed flop.

thesuspence281 03-15-13 09:39 PM

Yeah that wouldnt surprise me. Just makes me wonder if he would make all this drama after the game for something that wasnt an actual injury. But seeing as though he only played a quarter and missed all his shots theres obviously something up with him i would assume.

Spurd_On 03-16-13 12:02 AM

Meanwhile, the seriously legitimate freight trains continue to role....OKC, Miami and Denver and sometimes Memphis. LALs are still a joke. Pacers are not contenders although they are the only underdog prospect in the East for all Eastern Conference pipe smoking fans.

Spurd_On 03-16-13 12:20 AM

The Lakers will likely settle out this season and determine what they need and acquire it in the off season in some ridiculously lopsided trade and be a serious team to recon with. Until then, I'm not impressed.

Rzarector7 03-16-13 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1293717)
The Lakers will likely settle out this season and determine what they need and acquire it in the off season in some ridiculously lopsided trade and be a serious team to recon with. Until then, I'm not impressed.

LOL they just got a lopsided trade last year IMO for HOWARD! BUT THEY will try it again, book it they will go all out again and get a bs trade to keep the media darlings near the top. This was supposed to be an elite team and a top two or three team in the West easily! Many had them in the finals when the moves went through! YET LA fans and media are happy to see them at 8 and they are a force now :laugh:laugh

b1gdon 03-16-13 03:43 AM

As someone with ankle ligaments made out of a substance similar to shoelaces that have been left out in the weather for about 3 years, I have intimate knowledge of the various degrees of ankle injury. I have had sprains where I was able to keep playing ball in a game then was on crutches for a couple of weeks. I have had sprains that give me a slight limp for a couple days and I have had sprains where I had to be carried off the field.

I will say that it is a little odd that Parker will be out 4 weeks. I have never had a sprain that kept me out for more than 3 weeks if well wrapped; although pain and discomfort could linger for months. Of course there may be a connection between my early return to action and my ankle ligaments being so gimpy, so it doesn't surprise me the Spurs are being conservative. It should be noted that Parker was diagnosed with a grade 2 sprain, which is a partial tearing of the ligament (1 is no tear, 3 is complete tear).

alh1020 03-16-13 12:08 PM

If I were Pop and am aware of TPs playing style and eagerness to get back on the court, I would sit him for a longer period too. Because when TP does lace up his go-fasters and hits the floor, I want to insure his ankles are strong enough to endure the stress of all his spin and twist moves and again make his pirouettes in the lane leading to a basket a thing of beauty. A reinjured TP sitting on the bench again for a long period of time, particularly heading into the playoffs, is not an option.

Jose_TheGenius 03-16-13 06:24 PM

the difference is simple:

Spurs are in the playoffs

Lakers are trying to secure a spot in them

if the Spurs were hobbling around 8-9 in the standings, Parker probably would try to come back sooner than later too

choppsboy 03-16-13 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1293733)
the difference is simple:

Spurs are in the playoffs

Lakers are trying to secure a spot in them

if the Spurs were hobbling around 8-9 in the standings, Parker probably would try to come back sooner than later too

+1