SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Dennis Rodman heads to Vatican, wants to meet with new pope (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118811-dennis-rodman-heads-vatican-wants-meet-new-pope.html)

alh1020 03-13-13 03:31 AM

Dennis Rodman heads to Vatican, wants to meet with new pope

By Kurt Helin,

Dennis Rodman, international ambassador?

Apparently, that’s how he pictures himself. Fresh off a trip to North Korea — where he looked the fool upon his return singing the praises of Kim Jung Un to anyone who would listen — he now plans to go to the Vatican and meet with the new Pope. Once they vote a bunch of times and figure out who that will be.

Rodman told his plans to TMZ. Of course.
Rodman tells TMZ … his “people” in Rome have been in touch with the muckety mucks at the Vatican and they’re trying to arrange a sit-down with the next person to don the big funny hat.
As for what Dennis wants to accomplish … he tells TMZ, “I want to be anywhere in the world that I’m needed … I want to spread a message of peace and love throughout the world.”
Peace and love. So Dennis Rodman is the new Joan Baez, just with a few more piercings? Of course, during his playing days peace and love were the cornerstones of Rodman’s game, what we all remember him for, so this is just a natural extension.

I would like to tell you this is the last of Rodman’s overseas adventures, but I think we all know better.

Related link to rest of story: Dennis Rodman heads to Vatican, wants to meet with new pope | ProBasketballTalk

Mombear 03-13-13 07:23 AM

Hasn't he done enough damage???

Next thing you know we'll be at war with Rome... :rolleyes

ATHENEA 03-13-13 03:43 PM

heehee

Mombear 03-13-13 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATHENEA (Post 1293611)
heehee

:drummer :thumb :banana

thesuspence281 03-13-13 08:06 PM

If there is anyone in the world who needs Rodman, they are probably in more trouble than they realize.

Dulce 03-13-13 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesuspence281 (Post 1293627)
If there is anyone in the world who needs Rodman, they are probably in more trouble than they realize.

Very True!

Rzarector7 03-13-13 11:18 PM

OH LORD..... Rodman you are nuts lol, relax.

exit7 03-14-13 04:11 PM

The fact that this is news, is sickening.

alh1020 03-14-13 06:38 PM

If it weren’t so sickening, it’d almost be too funny to believe. This guy (The Worm) was voted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (Class of 2011), is considered one of the best (if not the best) rebounder in NBA history and is now an ambassador for the game of basketball. And sad as it may seem, he’ll probably be most remembered for wearing a blonde wig in a white wedding dress. Which makes me wonder if he made a stop on Rodeo Drive to pick up a new ensemble before his trip to the Vatican.

mckennaspur1 03-15-13 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1293660)
If it weren’t so sickening, it’d almost be too funny to believe. This guy (The Worm) was voted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (Class of 2011), is considered one of the best (if not the best) rebounder in NBA history and is now an ambassador for the game of basketball. And sad as it may seem, he’ll probably be most remembered for wearing a blonde wig in a white wedding dress. Which makes me wonder if he made a stop on Rodeo Drive to pick up a new ensemble before his trip to the Vatican.

...makes me wonder if he isn't in Rome to shop for some of them fancy Vatican robes....