News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-12-13, 08:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Everyone looked like garbage.

Maybe Pop should of left everyone back in San Antonio! They look worse than against Portland.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-13, 09:16 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Another blown game!! Very annoying with these Rest Player games!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-13, 09:39 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

For those who saw it should I even watch to see some bright spots from the bench or too learn how we can go wrong? Or should I wait for the next game?
Old 03-12-13, 09:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kager View Post
For those who saw it should I even watch to see some bright spots from the bench or too learn how we can go wrong? Or should I wait for the next game?
If you want to watch the alter universe Spurs team. Worst game of the year.... Easy!
Old 03-12-13, 10:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

So then bring on Dallas on Thursday then.... BTW I think Pop kept Kawhi out for doing a highlight dunk that gets peoples attention

"First rule of Spurs Ball Kawhi is no body gets people talking about Spurs Ball!"
Old 03-12-13, 11:39 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Jackson and Corey Joseph looked good, but the rest...... Especially that MANU guy (Right ATH huh? LOL), he looked horrible ;)
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 03-13-13, 02:15 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
Jackson and Corey Joseph looked good, but the rest....
I agree. This could be a good omen when the core is back in place.

Blair and Bonner had no excuse for looking miserable because they played limited minutes against OKC. Mills had 6 assists which is a plus.
Old 03-13-13, 05:37 AM
SR Team Goof

When you shoot 35.4% field goal percentage to 53.7%, your shots aren’t falling and you aren’t playing any defense. Minnesota ranked 18th in the league in blocked shots at 4 per game got 8 blocks in the 1st half. Coach Pop said afterward: "Minnesota was more aggressive than we were for more of the 48 minutes. They were physical. They obviously shot it very well. Both defensively and offensively they had a very good game and kicked our butt." Getting whipped on our home court by Portland and losing to the Wolves by 24 points with about 20 games left before the playoffs, the Spurs better regroup and find a better way to prep for the playoff run. Like sands through the hourglass.......
Old 03-13-13, 09:48 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Look its one thing when your shots aren't going in but its another that the defense was awol!

The Spurs could have played better D, that would have kept them in the game. Pop had no patience for Neal at all. Jack & Corey looked ok, what I'm baffled about is why Green didn't play much.

Thus the main reason why most still doubt the Spur will get to the Finals. Jeckel & Hide
Old 03-13-13, 10:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

The bigger doubt lies in the fact that this team is a jump shooting team. It relies on penetration through pick and rolls and kicking it out for the jumper. When penetration is cut off, the result is a team that swings the ball from side to side around the perimeter and then takes a desperation jumper as the shot clock is winding down.

The jumpers will not always fall and unfortunately this team has no specific Plan B. Pop and we as fans want to believe that the defense will keep them in the game but, while better than past years, it still isn't to the point of the championship years.

I hope the jumpers fall during the playoffs but I have my doubts.
Old 03-13-13, 11:57 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

how played baynes? in the boxscore 2 blocks in limited minutes, any chance of him defending in spot minutes?
Old 03-13-13, 12:07 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
how played baynes? in the boxscore 2 blocks in limited minutes, any chance of him defending in spot minutes?
He has about 17 more games to get better than Bonner. That shouldn't be too difficult.
Old 03-13-13, 01:59 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polk View Post
The bigger doubt lies in the fact that this team is a jump shooting team. It relies on penetration through pick and rolls and kicking it out for the jumper. When penetration is cut off, the result is a team that swings the ball from side to side around the perimeter and then takes a desperation jumper as the shot clock is winding down.

The jumpers will not always fall and unfortunately this team has no specific Plan B. Pop and we as fans want to believe that the defense will keep them in the game but, while better than past years, it still isn't to the point of the championship years.

I hope the jumpers fall during the playoffs but I have my doubts.
The D is better this year (I know last night but two of our BEST defenders were out, that hurts alot) but I agree on the O part, have seen that in games when things are not rolling! They get stagnant and can't hit a thing out there, seen that a few times this year. I know teams go through dry spells but when you cut off penetration like you said this team looks woahful.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 03-13-13, 02:03 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

They should probably just tank the rest of the season and try and get a lottery pick...
Old 03-13-13, 04:16 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Interesting that Manu went and KL stayed back.
Old 03-13-13, 11:25 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkp65 View Post
Another blown game!! Very annoying with these Rest Player games!!
I said the exact same thing you did.