SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Just heard on the radio.. (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118807-just-heard-radio.html)

thesuspence281 03-12-13 12:37 PM

Just heard on the radio..

Timmy and Kawhi didn't make the trip for the game tonight.

Hopefully that gives the rest of the guys the drive to play well instead of the let down which could come after a huge win like last night.

td4mvp2k 03-12-13 01:00 PM

Blair and Bonner will get the mins

mckennaspur1 03-12-13 01:06 PM

Not sure what the thinking is here. Yeah, TD can always use the rest. But Kawhi is just a kid who is slowly developing new aspects of his offense. Unless he's hurt, he should be on the floor against the Wolves, working on his post-up game and driving to the basket. Those moves can make a huge difference during the playoffs.

JuanCaca 03-12-13 01:23 PM

tendinitis is something serius for the long term...

thesuspence281 03-12-13 02:34 PM

Spurs website saying they are both out with left knee soreness. Hopefully its just more like "left knee soreness" - aka pop just leaving them at home after a tough game.

Plus if thats how kawhi is playing with tendinitis then I can't wait to see him next year after it has had time to heal up in the offseason.

Eddy from Austin 03-12-13 02:58 PM

Spurs' Duncan, Leonard to sit out vs. Wolves

Jose_TheGenius 03-12-13 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanCaca (Post 1293539)
tendinitis is something serius for the long term...

bingo

Kawhi's quad is still eh and it's effecting his knee probably. TD may be the one who's just out because of it being a back to back.

only thing that concerns me is how Manu's going to play this game without the other Big 2. last thing we need is for him to get driving crazy and get fouled hard before the playoffs.

WhiteChocolateJr 03-12-13 03:45 PM

These are professional athletes playing a grueling, 82-game schedule. The players have an average of 3 games a week for the better part of five months...and then the playoffs begin.

Leaving tendonis aside, I would imagine every player has sore knees, arms, etc. by this point of the season. In that context, which player wouldn't benefit from an extra night's rest? An extra night not spent running and jumping is reserve wear and tear on the body--hopefully, some extra juice for the WCF.

We've already won THE GAME that matters. I say say sit 'em both. We can and should win without our big guns on the floor.

Uwe Blab 03-12-13 03:54 PM

Nothing's a given, but I would sure hate to give that 1 game back to OKC after shocking them. Miami's already overtaken the Spurs.

WhiteChocolateJr 03-12-13 04:14 PM

Look at remaining schedule. Spurs have it WAY easier from here 'til the POs than OKC. Miami has a fairly easy schedule remaining...but they play in the East, so night-out, they'll see crappier teams more frequently. As long as we stay up on the Thunder, we're in good shape. The Heat ONLY come into play in the POs in June...and if we're having that conversation, I already like the Spurs' chances.

b1gdon 03-12-13 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1293548)
bingo

Kawhi's quad is still eh and it's effecting his knee probably. TD may be the one who's just out because of it being a back to back.

only thing that concerns me is how Manu's going to play this game without the other Big 2. last thing we need is for him to get driving crazy and get fouled hard before the playoffs.

Keep in mind that Pop tried being honest about why he was resting certain players and Stern slapped him with a huge fine and warned him never to do it again. Take what Pop lists on his injury reports with a big grain of salt.

alh1020 03-12-13 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin (Post 1293546)

From the article, "Both Leonard and Duncan played 35 minutes apiece and are diagnosed with sore left knees." It's a good call by Pop -- he's watching out for his guys and the road ahead. Back-to-backs can take their toll on teams, even a young team like OKC who had played Boston on Sunday before the Spurs last night. With most of their roster depleted by injuries, the Wolves still have given the rest of the league fits and have stayed in games until the end. Good test for our bench to get in some PT, including Baynes.

Jose_TheGenius 03-12-13 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1293550)
Nothing's a given, but I would sure hate to give that 1 game back to OKC after shocking them. Miami's already overtaken the Spurs.

unless we lose by 30, then it's all googly moogly!

Rzarector7 03-12-13 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1293550)

I can agree with this here fully.

alh1020 03-12-13 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1293556)

Jose, you got to be a chick magnet dude --- those keen-witted, provocative words just roll right off your tongue.

Mombear 03-12-13 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1293556)

uh... we are right now... facepalm

Uwe Blab 03-12-13 10:14 PM

Well, the OKC win was pointless.

exit7 03-13-13 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1293568)
Well, the OKC win was pointless.

It matters little in the standings. But from the way we damaged OKC mentally I say it still matters. I'd much rather beat OKC and get blown out to minny without our starters, than to get blown out by OKC and beat minny. Makes me feel better anyway.