News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-13, 09:19 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Official Thunder at Spurs Game Thread (7:30)

7:30 PM
TV: FSN, NBA

Oklahoma City (47 - 16)

at

San Antonio (48 - 15)

Thunder-Spurs Preview

(AP) -- One game separates the San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder in the race for the Western Conference's best record.

The Thunder have won five straight and will look to pull even with a Spurs team playing without Tony Parker in Monday night's marquee matchup at the AT&T Center.

San Antonio (48-15) leads Oklahoma City (47-16) for the conference's top record, although it's debatable how important that may be since the Thunder didn't have home-court advantage in eliminating the Spurs in six games in last year's conference finals.

"It's important, no matter how guys try to look at it," Thunder center Kendrick Perkins said. "You always want home court as many playoff series as you can. We are going in there to try to get the win, and it's very important."

These teams have split two meetings this season, with Manu Ginobili missing both. He knows the challenge that the Thunder possess.

"(Kevin) Durant is shooting great, scoring like always," Ginobili said. "(Russell) Westbrook is so fast and gets you off guard in transition with his speed. (Kevin) Martin comes off the bench, (Serge) Ibaka is shooting way better than last year or at least it looks like it."

The Spurs will again be without Parker, expected to miss four weeks with a Grade 2 left ankle sprain. San Antonio won its first two games without him before Friday's 136-106 loss to Portland, marking the franchise's worst defeat in Tim Duncan's 16 seasons and the second-worst ever at home.

"The team knew that even though we won the first two without him didn't mean anything," Ginobili said. "That's usually what happens when you have a player down, other players step up and the emotion but in the long term it's going to hurt you. So we need Tony back as soon as possible."

The 136 points were the most by a Spurs opponent at the AT&T Center. Now San Antonio must try to slow down Durant, the league's leading scorer at 28.4 points per game, and the Thunder, second in the NBA at 106.7 points per contest.

Durant's 21.0 points per game against the Spurs this season represent his lowest mark against any West foe. San Antonio guard Danny Green shared his thoughts on defending the superstar.

"I would probably make him, force him to his left a little bit, give myself a chance to contest his right-hand jumper if he does pull up for a jumper but I'm mostly looking for help," Green said. "I'm going to send him to Timmy if you ask me."

Second-year guard Cory Joseph has taken Parker's place in the lineup and will face the Thunder for the first time this season. He'll likely be matched up with Westbrook, who averaged 30.6 points over the first seven games of this 8-1 stretch for Oklahoma City before totaling 26 over the last two.

Durant and Westbrook combined for 38 points in Sunday's defensive-minded 91-79 home win over Boston.

The Thunder's only lower point totals this season were in an 87-83 victory at Portland on Jan. 13 and an 86-84 defeat to the Spurs in their Nov. 1 opener when Parker hit a winning shot at the buzzer.

These teams conclude their season series April 4 in Oklahoma City.
Old 03-11-13, 10:16 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Spurs 108
Blunder 103
Old 03-11-13, 01:10 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Danny Green covering KD...um, no they got that wrong. Kawhi will be on him most of the night. I expect KD to still get his but Kawhi will at least make him work. A little scared playing without TP9 but still have faith that the Spurs will come out playing hard due to the humiliating loss last game.

Spurs 106

Thunder 103
Old 03-11-13, 01:32 PM
The Master Baiter

We have to be realistic here. The Spurs are missing their best player. And not only the best player, but the one that makes everything else go. Maybe the Spurs make it interesting for a good part of the game, but the Thunder will pull ahead late.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-11-13, 02:08 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

I don't want to say it but it will be tough for the Spurs to win this one, just do not have a good feeling about this game with Tony out. Spurs will fight and give em a close game but Thunder will hit some big shots at the end IMO.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-11-13, 03:15 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

last 2 meetings manu wasnt playing... that makes things interesting...
but im with Uwe Blab on this one...

i really hope SA pulls the win tough...
Old 03-11-13, 04:27 PM
Official SR Home Builder

I would agree with you guys on the pessimistic side but not today.

Even though we don't have Tony. We have home court and don't forget they played yesterday in Boston.

Durant and Westbrook played 39 and 34 minutes respectively, I don't care how young they are at this stage of the season you feel those back to backs.

Spurs are going to give it all they have this is a very important game and we have to go through them soon or later, so why not make a statement now.

Not to mention how pissed the whole team is after getting spanked by Portland.
Old 03-11-13, 06:08 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Spurs 125
OKC 107

Old 03-11-13, 07:32 PM
Official SR Home Builder

^I like that prediction. That's what I'm talking about!
Old 03-11-13, 07:56 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin View Post
^I like that prediction. That's what I'm talking about!

Old 03-11-13, 08:33 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Pawhi taking over!!!! He is a Manu with TD's facial expresssion...less ness =P
[email protected]
Old 03-11-13, 08:33 PM

BTW...Diaw is a liability. Dribbles instead of moving the ball or shooting...
[email protected]
Old 03-11-13, 08:51 PM

Great Kawhi and Joseph's D on Durant might work.
[email protected]
Old 03-11-13, 08:54 PM

Tiago? WTH was that?
[email protected]
Old 03-11-13, 09:02 PM

Durantula...getting frustrated...
[email protected]
Old 03-11-13, 09:12 PM

Nice hurtcut, Splitta =)
[email protected]
Old 03-11-13, 09:16 PM

Di-awww
[email protected]
Old 03-11-13, 09:19 PM

Is it me or do the OKC look out of sync out there?
[email protected]
Old 03-11-13, 09:26 PM

Dbl miss? Wah?
[email protected]
Old 03-11-13, 09:27 PM

Diaw!!!!
[email protected]
Old 03-11-13, 09:33 PM

Di-awww
[email protected]
Old 03-11-13, 09:44 PM

We need to disect this game, coz there is a lot but alot to learn of what expect for the Spurs in the POffs...
[email protected]
Old 03-11-13, 09:46 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

HELL YEAHHH I LOVE EAT CROOWWWWW

i just discovered, that everytime im pessimistic, fortune proves me wrong!!! first with manu, and now with okc game lolololol
Old 03-11-13, 09:55 PM

Spurs went all spirit fingers on D, and drove OKC crazy
[email protected]
Old 03-11-13, 09:55 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Athenea....

FINAL SCORE: SPURS 105 OKC 93... SPURS TAKE A 2 GAME LEAD OVER THE THUNDER!!! YAY!!!! GO SPURS GO!!!!

Old 03-11-13, 10:01 PM

[email protected]
Old 03-12-13, 01:32 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Great win, thought we might lose. Crow tastes goooooooooooood...... I will not make a habit of this though! If we win the finals I will shoot a few more crows and eat a few more!!!!!!!! Keep it up SPURS!
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 03-12-13, 01:53 AM
The Master Baiter

Like I said, I expected the Spurs to pull ahead late.
Old 03-12-13, 12:00 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Sure you did.