SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Article: The illusionist: Nobody does it like Ginobili (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118789-article-illusionist-nobody-does-like-ginobili.html)

ATHENEA 03-07-13 05:46 PM

Article: The illusionist: Nobody does it like Ginobili

The illusionist: Nobody does it like Ginobili
By Tim Ring
When it comes to creating an illusion of a foul against an innocent defender, Ginobili is an artist.

Sunday night the Suns PJ Tucker found himself more often than not in Ginobili’s torture chamber as the veteran went to the free throw line 15 times...
to full article...

Dulce 03-07-13 07:11 PM

:worthy

esparzar1 03-08-13 07:43 AM

Manu's coming around at the right time. With him and TD playing at this level and if TP9 comes back playing at a high level, I have no doubts that the Spurs are big time contenders for the title....don't forget about my lil'homie Kawhi Leonard!!!!!!

KAD 03-08-13 09:35 AM

What an idiot - he seems afraid to give Manu credit for being a GREAT clutch player and calls him a great thespian???? This guy is an illusionist as a credible basketball writer!

exit7 03-08-13 12:12 PM

In his prime, Manu was probably the best in the league at creating contact and getting to the line. I don't know if you can say that about him anymore.

KAD, you can't really expect a Phoenix guy to give any of the spurs credit. If there was ever a team that SHOULD hate the Spurs, it would be the suns. We destroyed their chances at being showtime in the desert.

JuanCaca 03-08-13 07:45 PM

"When it comes to creating an illusion of a foul against an innocent defender, Ginobili is an artist." <- read as "flopper"!!!

Rzarector7 03-08-13 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit7 (Post 1293404)
In his prime, Manu was probably the best in the league at creating contact and getting to the line. I don't know if you can say that about him anymore.

KAD, you can't really expect a Phoenix guy to give any of the spurs credit. If there was ever a team that SHOULD hate the Spurs, it would be the suns. We destroyed their chances at being showtime in the desert.

Yes, they will hate the Spurs forever lol, even when their team beat the Spurs in 4 games in 010 I am sure that was just a little less off the sting knowing they had no shot winning it all that year or beating LA for that matter. The years we would beat them were years they would or could have won it all! 07 they definitely win it all! No doubt about that. I don't think they beat that TOUGH D team in Detroit in 05 though, I think they make the finals but I think Detroit would have gotten them. Even still we cost them atleast two trips to the finals, thats for certain.

The 08 team was good with Shaq and they might have made a run, but we cut that short in 5 games and the Shaq era there basically OVER! That fast. I bet they hate the Spurs beyond belief lol.

Manu not getting to the line like he used to is something I missed at the end of games! He used to take it there when we needed a big bucket and get that foul and then get to the line to give us two, it was automatic! I miss those days at times.