News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-13, 10:13 PM
SR Team Goof

Rodman thrown out of New York hotel bar due to Kim Jung Un talk

By Kurt Helin Mar 5, 2013, 2:29 PM EST

In case you missed it, Dennis Rodman was in North Korea last week doing a little basketball diplomacy and meeting with one of the world’s true old-school (and I don’t mean that in a good way) dictators in Kim Jong Un.

Since his return Rodman has been doing the talk-show circuit talking about what a great and humble guy Kim Jong Un is. Even as we all roll our eyes and say “a guy who has ordered a 100,000 person military parade in his honor is not humble.”

But Rodman will not stop praising the North Korean leader to the point of driving other people crazy. Like in a New York hotel bar, reports the New York Post.
“He was at the bar at Serafina for three hours,” says a spy. “He kept saying what a nice guy Kim is, and how Kim just wants to talk to President Obama about basketball. He was waving around a signed copy of the dictator’s huge manifesto, telling everyone they should read it.”
Added the witness, “Dennis was making a total jerk of himself. He wouldn’t leave, and he wouldn’t let anyone talk to him about shutting up, or what an oppressive country North Korea is. Eventually he had to leave the bar because the bartender was starting to get [bleep]ed-off.”
The story goes on to say he was asked to leave. For the record, Rodman’s publicists deny this and the hotel will not comment.

Related link to rest of the story: Dwight Howard says he could have sat out season until now | ProBasketballTalk
Old 03-06-13, 11:59 AM

so Rodman was kicked out for that?

people in this country have said far worse things about either the people or the government and they haven't been booted out of bars.
Old 03-06-13, 01:56 PM
The Master Baiter

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-06-13, 02:30 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post

people in this country have said far worse things about either the people or the government and they haven't been booted out of bars.
I'm betting that people have been asked to leave bars for far less, too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-06-13, 10:35 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post

Well, alot of what people say negative about our GOVT is dead on Jose , nobody will take offense usually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
I'm betting that people have been asked to leave bars for far less, too.
Yep, my friend one of them! He just showed the bartender money and she told him to wait and got way too hasty on throwing him out or having him thrown out of the place! I have seen far less get someone thrown out from an idiot bartender or bouncer.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 03-07-13, 02:47 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Country of freeedom, USA(!)

You are free to say everything which the people likes.