News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-13, 01:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Rodman called Kim Jong Un "awesome guy"

Ending his unexpected round of basketball diplomacy in North Korea on Friday, ex-NBA star Dennis Rodman called leader Kim Jong Un an "awesome guy" and said his father and grandfather were "great leaders" - an assessment that got short shrift from the U.S. government.

Rodman calls North Korea's Kims 'great leaders' | NBA.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-02-13, 01:38 AM
SR Team Goof

I think Dennis should get his passport and take an extended vacation and live amongst the common folk of North Korea to see how those folks live to confirm his opinion of their leadership. Maybe he should wear his finest dress for the trip too. IMHO, of course.
Old 03-02-13, 02:10 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Rodman is not the most normal dude out there thats for sure. I would love for him to live there like said above, see what he thinks then.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-02-13, 07:36 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

If it takes Dennis Rodman's take on diplomacy to bring the North Koreans into the 21st Century world of peaceful nations and human rights, I'm all for it. Everything else has failed so far.
Old 03-02-13, 02:24 PM

so we're leaving him there right?
Old 03-03-13, 04:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The sad thing is they are not the dumb to dumber moments of his life.
Old 03-03-13, 09:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Former NBA star and self-professed “bad boy” Dennis Rodman has a few words of advice for President Obama: "Give North Korean dictator Kim Jong Eun a call."

Ex-NBA star Rodman to Obama: Call Kim - MarketWatch
Quote:
Hours after former NBA star Dennis Rodman made headlines for comments regarding North Korea, the White House responded, saying that North Korea must be willing to "choose the path of peace."

White House Responds To Rodman's North Korea Comments - KMBZ
^
Old 03-04-13, 07:46 AM
SR Team Goof

"The White House response urged the North Korean dictator to focus on the well-being of North Korea's people who have been "starved, imprisoned and denied their human rights........."

This last paragraph above from the referenced KMBZ article, if you change a few words and the connotation of ‘human rights’, you might have a reference that hits pretty close to home.
Old 03-04-13, 05:46 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

After the humble and strong leader comments I take it back he has outdone himself in his mindless splendor.....

Although one tin foil hat point I would like to make is that I believe that Rodman at a minimum was brought over to make this ridiculous film to get press for both or at worse he is being paid big bucks directly by North Korea so that Kim can say a prominent american thinks I am awsome to his own people.