News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-13, 02:36 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Gettin Big Boy'd -0-10 / Last Season Flashback!

Ok at this point this team CAN NOT afford to have these identity crisis.
Its performances like these that make everyone believe they won't make it out of the West much less the championship. They show major meltdowns alls they gotta do is push back and boom, man down, Spurs down!

Seriously! That's the reason why there are 28 teams chompin at the bit to show the world they are not as great as their record shows. The 2-4gm reg. season series vs 21 teams wishing they could be in those big moments.

These games are their Playoffs!

Come on show some toughness, some Grit, some cajones!

No excuse for this meltdown!

Last edited by stuffedmushroomz; 02-28-13 at 02:49 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-28-13, 03:57 PM
The Master Baiter

I was for a trade, because they don't have anyone outside of Tony to contribute an automatic 20+ points. It's not defense, because you're not going keep a Durant or Lebron from scoring. You have to be able to match points in crunch time. But everyone thinks Splitter or Jackson can bring that x-factor. Not going to happen.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-01-13, 09:54 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

I'm under the firm beleif that it was just "one of those games".....only one game...not gonna look into too much.
Old 03-01-13, 03:47 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

Stuffedmushroomz, I really don't think this loss means anything about the Spurs championship hopes. The frustrating thing is that it might mean the spurs don't get any love for the rest of the season from ESPN.

People can say all they want that it doesn't matter that the spurs don't get any playtime on ESPN besides the casual mention of: oh, btw the spurs are number one in the NBA, now back to Lebron and his amazing pregame dunks. But its frustrating. Maybe I'm alone here but it feels like the spurs have to go on a 20 game winning streak just to crack into the top 100 stories on Sportscenter, but thats life as a fan of a team in a small market. And the reason losses like the one to Phoenix hurt, is because now we have to listen to Dwayne Wade making up new nicknames for himself, and how much Dwight Howard and Kobe dislike each other.

There was a story a couple weeks ago about a player in the NBA whose wife had a miscarriage at 6 1/2 months. Heart-wrenching, and what did his team do? Instead of trading him, which made all the business sense in the world, they told him to take as much time off as he needed. Not only that, but they purposefully kept this story from leaking until he talked about it publicly. Is there any question that this would be one of the biggest stories in sports if it happened in LA?
Old 03-01-13, 04:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm not exaggerating about this bcuz its not that they lost or who they lost to, its the way they lost that concerning.

They were up by 11pts in the 4th and O'neal showed TD Up. He owned him and we didn't have an aggressiveness or any toughness in the post. At some point in the game ya gotta take a stand, isn't that what GS. Mark Jackson & Curry just said? They put the league on notice & they've had enough of being one of the league's chumps.

Spurs get into these games where they can't make a stop to save their life and unfortunately that means their playoff lives.
Old 03-01-13, 05:00 PM

Are you really quoting mark jackson and steph curry?

If only the spurs could have the kind of toughness they have. I mean if only the spurs could fight against the pacers, and lose. And then maybe tony could go off for 54 like curry against the knicks, and lose. Or maybe just maybe the spurs could have a record of 3-7 in their last 10(like the warriors) instead of 7-3. Crossing my fingers...

I'll take my chances with Gregg Popovich and Tony Parker, thank you very much. lol
Old 03-01-13, 07:16 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Seriously, that's not what I'm sayin, they will continue to loose, I understand that. They are gonna loose with a fight and I'm not sayin in a literal sense.

Get real, now come on.

I don't want our guys to start fighting, don't be crazy! They don't have to put their hands on ppl to show grit, fight, toughness. Just don't get pushed around is all.

They'll need some of that, another gear in order to get through this really tough Western Conference.

Tell me that the way they are playing is enough to get through the West.
Old 03-02-13, 11:58 AM

I think they've been playing great. With the exception of the Golden State game (3rd road game in 4 nights) and the anomaly with Phoenix, they were playing lights out. Don't forget that they just handed a butt kicking to the third best team in the west. Tony is out now, but they will be fine, they have all these home games to ease the burden.

OKC is not the same team they were last year, it seems like their confidence isn't there when they play the top teams, though they're still the team to worry about. I was a little worried about the Clippers before we put a clinic on them. The burden of proof falls on you dude. You're trying to tell me the team with the best record in the league is struggling right now, and the numbers just don't add up. I've watched every game this season, and the only thing I might say negative was that Tony was starting to look a little tired, so maybe this little ankle sprain is a gift in disguise. Go Spurs Go.