News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-27-13, 07:48 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Cuban on Derek Fisher's decision

Sweat wasn’t the only thing dripping from Mark Cuban during his customary pregame workout on the stairstepper Tuesday night.

The sarcasm poured when the subject turned to Derek Fisher signing with the Oklahoma City Thunder a little more than two months after requesting his release from the Mavericks for family reasons.

Cuban, who said there was “no side deal” regarding family issues when Fisher signed with the Mavs, sarcastically claimed he understood Fisher’s decision to resume his career with a contender.

“His kids are older,” Cuban said. “It’s easier to fly in and out of Oklahoma City than Dallas. I understand that. It’s a decision a parent has to make. Every parent has difficult decisions to make.”

Moments later, Cuban added: “A lot can happen in 65 days.”

This marks the second consecutive season that a former Laker has quit on the Mavs. Unlike Lamar Odom, Fisher at least had the decency to stop cashing paychecks signed by Cuban.

Asked if he planned to stay away from ex-Lakers, Cuban said, “In protection of my [Twitter] timeline, I’m not going to say anything.”

NBA Sarcasm drips as Cuban discusses Fisher - ESPN
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-27-13, 09:14 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

haha, for first time im with cuban...

only on this.. lol
Old 02-27-13, 09:27 AM
2012 Eastern Conference Champion

I would have cashed the paychecks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-27-13, 11:10 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

******* Fisher did the same thing to Utah then signed with the Lakers. No GM should ever believe him again or give him the benefit of the doubt. In fact, if I'm Billy Hunter (I do believe he got what he deserved) I am saying look at this guy. You can't believe a single word he says. Even when he signs a contract it is just a formality to him.
Old 02-27-13, 11:12 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.MULLETINO View Post
I would have cashed the paychecks.
...there weren't any paychecks for Derek to cash.

Cuban was insinuating that at least Fish had to decency to request a physical released by and from the team--thereby ending the Mavs obligation to pay him, versus Odom's mental departure from the team--which resulted in continued paychecks as Lamar sat and ate candy instead of playing ball.
Old 02-27-13, 04:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I hate agreeing with Cuban but the .4 man has obviously always grated on me, and this just shows you can't believe his shots or his words.
Old 02-27-13, 07:21 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Pop just said... Well they cash paychecks... not sure who he was talking about but I'm sure it has something to do with what Cubes said...