News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-13, 04:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Will there be any waiver wire activity for Spurs?

Any decent guys that might get the axe that could help out?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-23-13, 08:32 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I just read Hakim Warwick was waived, I always liked him, would be a great pick up.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-23-13, 08:51 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Hakim Warrick NBA & ABA Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Hakim Hanif Warrick ▪ Twitter: @hdubb21

Position: Forward ▪ Shoots: Right
Height: 6-9 ▪ Weight: 219 lbs.
Born: July 8, 1982 (Age 30) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
High School: Friends Central in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
College: Syracuse University
Draft: Memphis Grizzlies, 1st round (19th pick, 19th overall), 2005 NBA Draft
NBA Debut: November 2, 2005

Old 02-23-13, 10:03 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
I just read Hakim Warwick was waived, I always liked him, would be a great pick up.
I was thinking the same thing. Athletic and long. Could be a good weakside defender. Could help out a little on guys like Dirk, Durant and maybe Lebron. But he has pretty quick feet.... Good pick and roll defender??
Old 02-23-13, 10:28 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think his D could be better, and get better being with the Spurs. I would think maybe he comes off the Bench, as a 3/4, (given we are relying on Jackson and Leonard, who have been a bit injured this season). I would hope we would allow the second unit to run the court, and try and fast break 2nd units in the west. I would think to pick him up, maybe we waive Blair and let him go somewhere to play.
Old 02-24-13, 12:08 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I've always liked Warrick and thought he would be a good fit for the Spurs for years. He's very athletic and long, and could definetly help out with some of the longer/athletic forwards. His offense is decent he has a nice mid range game, and if he's rolling to the basket GET OUT OF THE WAY! He has the ability to go sky high and throw it down which would be awesome to see. His defense isn't the greatest but that's something everyone improves on when becoming a Spur. Hope it happens!
Old 02-24-13, 01:13 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The roster is full.

Unless someone gets injured and we get an injury exception, we will do not have any roster spots.
Old 02-24-13, 11:13 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
The roster is full.

Unless someone gets injured and we get an injury exception, we will do not have any roster spots.
Amnesty Blair.
Old 02-24-13, 12:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
The roster is full.

Amnesty Blair.
Old 02-24-13, 01:59 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Why? First, you can only amnesty in the off-season, so we would have to waive him. Second, he gets paid almost nothing and is capable of filing in quality minutes when the Spurs want to sit Duncan due to injury or rest.
Old 02-24-13, 03:49 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Agree b1gdon also he is familiar with our system.
Old 02-24-13, 06:28 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Trust me MRJONESIII. Had there been any other fitting one or trade we could have seen the Spurs FO taken before trade deadline.

No can do now. Unless a miracle happened and another team decided to pick him up but I doubt Blair would say just release me for free.

We are probably stuck with Blair for the remainder of the year unless his knees decided it is time to quit on us and he will be waived then.

I am hoping Blair would finally get 100% focused and get him a contract and get the Spurs some serious help of that bench.
Only time will tell.....Don't give up on him yet.
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 02-24-13, 08:01 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

and why is hakim waived?? what happenned to him?
Old 02-24-13, 08:38 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
and why is hakim waived?? what happenned to him?
He was a trade and waive to the Orlando Magic.
Old 02-24-13, 10:05 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

thanks!

if i remember correctly, the guy has game... any chance of waive a player to get him (read: blair, bonner) we need sf/pf quicker than sjax, blair, bonner and diaw...
Old 02-25-13, 01:02 AM

he couldn't do anything with the Suns last year and neither could do anything valuable this year. the waiver wire usually consists of guys who aren't doing good and are paid to leave.

again, you'd have to ask this: is he better than Splitter or Diaw? if he's not, he wouldn't make a difference here anyway since he'd just take Blair's spot (if Blair were to be waived) at the end of the bench.
Old 02-25-13, 08:51 AM
SR Team Goof

I think the Spurs are pretty much committed at this point and should concentrate on staying healthy and for Pop to determine which players fit into his ‘playoff rotation’. Take advantage of playing the vast majority of our remaining games at home and get some needed rest for the road ahead. They’re inactivity before the trade deadline tells me they didn’t want to lose valuable players to obtain what they still really need --- a big who has experience and can hit the boards and be an intimidator in the middle. Besides, at this point, the Spurs would need to create a vacancy for anyone new and as Jose mentioned, whomever they did pickup would have to be much better than the players we already have for the Spurs to benefit. There are no golden geese out there with the Spurs’ name on it.
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 03-06-13, 02:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

J Tyler Waived

The Atlanta Hawks have waived forward/center Jeremy Tyler, Hawks President of Basketball Operations/General Manager Danny Ferry announced Wednesday.

THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE ATLANTA HAWKS
Old 03-10-13, 03:53 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

jeremy who?

btw, warrik stats are better than some spurs bench players... if he is faster than jackson and defend better than blair, im ok with him

Last edited by JuanCaca; 03-10-13 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-10-13, 04:32 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
jeremy who?
Old 03-11-13, 03:19 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

so, he can dunk....

for whatever reason i just remebered james white...