News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-22-13, 07:19 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Much love to Captain Jack!

Man, our prayers go out to you and your family. You're a strong dude! Plus there was NO WAY IN HELL, the Spurs were trading a guy in a situation like that. Way to classy of a organization for that.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-22-13, 08:28 AM
SR Team Goof

Jackson back in wake of tragedy

LOS ANGELES — Returning to the game he loves and the team he considers family, Spurs swingman Stephen Jackson suited up Thursday for the first time since learning last week that his wife, Renata, had lost the child she had been carrying for 6 1/2 months.

Though Jackson said nothing can salve the pain of losing a child that would have been the first for the couple, who married in 2011, he believes playing basketball and being around teammates will be therapeutic.

“I’m as good as I can be,” Jackson said before Thursday’s Spurs-Clippers game at Staples Center. “I’m happy to be back with the team. I need to be back with the team, just for my own sanity. Basketball and being around these guys helps me a lot, so it’s definitely something I needed.”

Jackson learned of the loss while the Spurs were on the first phase of the rodeo road trip. He left the team after it arrived in Chicago for a game Feb. 11, missing games in Chicago, Cleveland and Sacramento. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich told Jackson to take as much time away from the team as he needed.

“It was an unfortunate situation,” Jackson said. “Very frustrating and emotional and I’m nowhere close to being over it.

“My wife is not doing too well, so I’m happy I had a coach like Pop who gave me the time to be with her. In order for me to help her I also have to help myself because this was a baby we were definitely looking forward to having. Being back with the team hopefully is going to help me be able to help my wife even more.”

Jackson said daily phone calls from Tim Duncan and support from other members of the Spurs’ family, including owner Peter Holt, general manager R.C. Buford and broadcaster Sean Elliott, have helped him cope.

“The family atmosphere of this organization is one of a kind,” he said. “Luckily, I’m on this Spurs’ team while I’m going through this situation because it’s definitely helpful being around these guys.”

Read more: Spurs Nation
Old 02-22-13, 08:30 AM
SR Team Goof

Our sincere condolences go out to you and your family, Stephen. Welcome back to the Spurs family.
Old 02-22-13, 08:40 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Really great the team kept it quiet and let him handle it - go Jax and accept our deepest sympathies.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-22-13, 11:43 AM
The Master Baiter

So his wife had a miscarriage. Heart goes out to him and more importantly his wife. I'm proud to be a fan of the Spurs organization, not just the players.

The way they handled him in his time of need maybe the spark needed for this stretch run.
Old 02-22-13, 01:44 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

That is why I am a Spur fan, Family means more than raw talent.
Old 02-22-13, 02:13 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

dang! :-(
Old 02-22-13, 02:25 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

This sucks. I feel bad for Jax.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.