SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Its not gonna happen! No trade for Spurs! (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118693-its-not-gonna-happen-no-trade-spurs.html)

stuffedmushroomz 02-21-13 11:49 AM

Its not gonna happen! No trade for Spurs!

I've been glued to the phone, TV and
Its been frustrating! Well, I don't
believe they are gonna make a deal.

I still think we are not strong enough
To win it all, we need an Xfactor. Manu
used to be but isn't anymore.

polk 02-21-13 02:22 PM

+1
After the final result last year, I would've liked for them to make a move. We will get close to 60 wins and probably lose in the 2nd round. We've seen this movie before. A lot of 60 wins seasons or close to it with playoff disappointment.

threearmedhampster 02-21-13 02:33 PM

Give or take four NBA championships

esparzar1 02-21-13 02:36 PM

Oh ye children of little faith......go'head and hop off the wagon, don't let it kick ya in the ass on the way off :smirk

exit7 02-21-13 02:47 PM

Man spurs fans are fickle lol. We were two wins away from the Finals last year, and the team that beat us traded away their "X-Factor".

The Nazr Mohammed trade was the only mid season trade that I can remember making any difference for the spurs in terms of winning a chip. But you have to remember we traded Malik Rose, who was coming off the bench. If we could have gotten someone like Nazr for Dejuan Blair it would have been great, but there wasn't anyone available for that price.

We have the best record in the league and with the way our schedule plays out over the course of the next two months we should be in prime position to have the one seed. How can you even begin to think we won't make it out of the second round?? You really think the Grizz or the Warriors are going to knock us out? If you do then obviously you haven't been watching the games. I live in Las Vegas and rarely get to watch the games on TV but I've seen enough to believe we are getting to the west finals and then its anyones game to win.

stuffedmushroomz 02-21-13 02:55 PM

NO wagon jumpin! It just made sense to make a move. We didn't have a significant injury or any good reason for loosing to OKC other than the stage got too big for our youngens. Or that we didn't have enough presence in the middle. Unless Baynes is gonna be ready for the playoffs, we are heading into the playoffs with the same roster yet Clips have gotten significantly deeper. OKC is still really good.
Just sayin, we needed a boost. Keep it real y'all.

esparzar1 02-21-13 03:01 PM

Clips and thunder are really good, but so are the Spurs :wink. The Thunder are not as good as last year and they just traded away maynor who was an excellent backup pg. Harden was the Thunders Manu, he basically eliminated the spurs. He's gone, plus there was that ridiculous game where ibaka/Perkins/collision shot something like 20/22 from the field. No way they do that again. It took a lot if things to go right for the Thunder to beat the spurs last year, doubt it will happen again...just sayin!

silvernblackfan 02-21-13 03:18 PM

[quote=esparzar1;1292669]Clips and thunder are really good, but so are the Spurs :wink. The Thunder are not as good as last year and they just traded away maynor who was an excellent backup pg.

now that you say that OKC just got Ronnie Brewer

stuffedmushroomz 02-21-13 03:56 PM

Frankly, I'm not too worried bout OKC, you're right about Harden, but let's not dismiss the Clippers.

Although OKC isn't as tough, the Clips have replaced them as a legit threat to the Spurs. Also, R. Brewer
Is a tough minded guard.

exit7 02-21-13 03:57 PM

NOOO!!!!! Not Ronnie brewer!!!! Lol

KAD 02-21-13 07:31 PM

OKC has traded up with Brewer???

esparzar1 02-21-13 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esparzar1 (Post 1292669)
Clips and thunder are really good, but so are the Spurs :wink. The Thunder are not as good as last year and they just traded away maynor who was an excellent backup pg.

now that you say that OKC just got Ronnie Brewer

Maynor > Brewer all day. Maynor was/is probably thr best back-up PG in the league not nammed Bleadsoe...

steefposton 02-21-13 08:00 PM

If that's true, why was he their 3rd string guard, and not their back up? He hasn't recovered from his knee surgery, maybe he gets there, but there are plenty of backup pgs better than Maynor today.

JuanCaca 02-22-13 12:59 AM

tryig to see whitout spurs glasses... spurs are pretty good, yes, kawhi splitter, green and the other supporting cast plyers are better, but manu duncand and jackson are a year older... and for whatever reason pop shortend the rotation in the playoffs, and thats when spurs loose their regular eason advntge (deepness, punching opponents in waves)

brewer is defensive minded.. this trade was to counter parker and spurs... if thabo wasnt enough...

for shure okc is better than last year, westb and durant are still going up in teir s peak curve... this year ibaka has improved jumper and going up as well... kevin martin is not that bad at score against spurs... they can play 40mins a night with the same intensity

i dont like, but i believe they can knock off spurs in a 7 gmesvseries (specially with last year officiating)

and

clippers are ultra deep, and team stars are healthy unlike last year...

and is not like that Miami is that soft (and i can imagine the officiating if spurs make the finals)

polk 02-22-13 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit7 (Post 1292667)
Man spurs fans are fickle lol. We were two wins away from the Finals last year, and the team that beat us traded away their "X-Factor".

The Nazr Mohammed trade was the only mid season trade that I can remember making any difference for the spurs in terms of winning a chip. But you have to remember we traded Malik Rose, who was coming off the bench. If we could have gotten someone like Nazr for Dejuan Blair it would have been great, but there wasn't anyone available for that price.

We have the best record in the league and with the way our schedule plays out over the course of the next two months we should be in prime position to have the one seed. How can you even begin to think we won't make it out of the second round?? You really think the Grizz or the Warriors are going to knock us out? If you do then obviously you haven't been watching the games. I live in Las Vegas and rarely get to watch the games on TV but I've seen enough to believe we are getting to the west finals and then its anyones game to win.

As always it's about the matchup and the seeding. The best case for the Spurs would be for the standings to remain as they are. That way they only have to face LAC or OKC instead of LAC and OKC which would be the case if they fell to the 2 or 3 seed.

And as far as jumping off the bandwagon, not a chance. I've been on this train since '76. Probably forgotten more about the Spurs then many on this board know. I go back to the heartache of Greg Ballard in Game 7, the Fat Lady singing, et al, the HemisFair arena - smoking in the arena, Terry Stembridge, the Baseline Bums throwing nacho cheese on the Larry Bird and the Celtics, etc. All great memories and many more to come.

I would love to be wrong and I hope I am. If so, I'll be on the River celebrating with MY team in MY hometown.