SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   The Spurs will likely move Blair before the deadline (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118680-spurs-will-likely-move-blair-before-deadline.html)

esparzar1 02-20-13 08:10 AM

The Spurs will likely move Blair before the deadline

Y! SPORTS
The San Antonio Spurs will likely move forward DeJuan Blair close to the deadline, ultimately accepting the best final offer for him, sources said. Blair has wanted a trade for more than a year, and clearly will not re-sign with the Spurs as a free agent this summer.
The Spurs had tried to canvass the market for a first-round pick, but have relented on that demand. The Spurs could get a second-round pick, or perhaps a player on an expiring deal in return.

td4mvp2k 02-20-13 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esparzar1 (Post 1292570)
The Spurs could get a second-round pick, or perhaps a player on an expiring deal in return.

Who that expiring deal would be is the ?

MichaelWi101 02-20-13 08:55 AM

Wonder if they waited too long to move him? Seems like they could have gotten more for him than an expiring contract. If all you're getting is that why not keep him, heck he's an expiring contract.

tuncaboylu 02-20-13 09:04 AM

His expiring contract's amount is so small. That's why we don't have too many options to get a player in return. We can get a secound round picked player in return at most. I don't know who can be, but I'm pretty sure that he can't help us this year.

mckennaspur1 02-20-13 09:24 AM

Moving Blair simply makes sense. Get whatever pick you can before he walks for nothing and move Baynes up a few seats on bench.

I'll miss the guy. He literally worked his butt off to get in shape, but centers in the NBA need to be taller that 6'6".

td4mvp2k 02-20-13 12:21 PM

Omri Casspi?

The long-running dysfunction between Cavs forward Omri Casspi and the Cleveland Cavaliers may be coming to an end as the Cavs have been talking deals that involve Casspi in advance of Thursdays 3pm EST Traded Deadline. The problem for Cleveland is that Casspi isn’t exactly viewed as a stud in waiting and there isn’t a ton of interest in him.

Sources close to the process peg the San Antonio Spurs has a good fit and a team that has expressed some interest in Casspi, the problem is they won’t offer much for him. If the Cavs would do a DeJuan Blair based deal, the Cavs could find a taker on Casspi fairly quick.

Is There A Market For Omri Casspi? | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors

alh1020 02-20-13 12:40 PM

Wasn't there buzz just before our road trip game with the Bulls that Chicago had a major interest in him? I don't know who or what we'd get from them in return but stranger things have come from RC & Pop's wheelin' and dealin' in the past.

td4mvp2k 02-20-13 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1292590)
Stranger things have come from RC & Pop's wheelin' and dealin' in the past.

If they can trade Blair for a Casspi then they could trade Jackson for a Millsap.

td4mvp2k 02-20-13 01:22 PM

Blair on trade talk

Spurs forward DeJuan Blair has seen his name in nearly every speculative trade story that has hit the Internet since All-Star weekend, but his approach to Thursday’s trade deadline is educated indifference.

Spurs Nation

Spurd_On 02-20-13 07:24 PM

I think if Blair had the option, he would go to Cleveland. That's the closest NBA team to his home town of Pittsburgh and an easy trip for family to come to games. Cleveland is out Varejao right now. A 2nd round pick from Cleveland could be sweet. But, of course, Blair might not go anywhere.

Spurd_On 02-20-13 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by td4mvp2k (Post 1292586)
The long-running dysfunction between Cavs forward Omri Casspi and the Cleveland Cavaliers may be coming to an end as the Cavs have been talking deals that involve Casspi in advance of Thursdays 3pm EST Traded Deadline. The problem for Cleveland is that Casspi isn’t exactly viewed as a stud in waiting and there isn’t a ton of interest in him.

Sources close to the process peg the San Antonio Spurs has a good fit and a team that has expressed some interest in Casspi, the problem is they won’t offer much for him. If the Cavs would do a DeJuan Blair based deal, the Cavs could find a taker on Casspi fairly quick.

Is There A Market For Omri Casspi? | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors

This is certainly possible also.

MRJONESIII 02-20-13 10:38 PM

I'd like Udoah or Sanders from Milwaukee.