SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Jackson sees elements of the triangle with Spurs (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118677-jackson-sees-elements-triangle-spurs.html)

Eddy from Austin 02-19-13 04:58 PM

Jackson sees elements of the triangle with Spurs

by Dan McCarney
February 19, 2013

McCallum: You’ve been away from the game for two years. Do things change quickly in the league?

Jackson: Not really. It’s a mimic league. It has been for a long time. Coaches see something and say, “Oh, that’s hard to defend. Maybe we’ll run that.” Screen-roll. Three-point shooters in the corner. Bigs that can roll and pop. San Antonio has a system, a way of doing things, and maybe a couple others. But most everybody runs that screen-roll.

Read more

Spurd_On 02-19-13 05:40 PM

Nice article. Well written with good content and observations by Phil.

TodTango 02-19-13 06:03 PM

Phil Jackson attempts to applaud our Spurs?

Spurs Nation

Phil didn't invent the triple post or triangle, It was devised by Sam Barry in the 40's at USC and then got revised by Kansas State Coaches Cotton Fitzsimmons and Tex Winter. Winter gets much of the credit due to the success he had in influencing Phil Jackson on those Championship Bulls team.

But Go Spurs Go for the awesome offensive schemes. Now that the defense has improved back to normalcy, I look for a deep run in hopes of 1 for the THUMB!
FireySpurs

clovisnmspurfan 02-19-13 09:00 PM

As a Spur fan, I will take his comments as a compliment.

Racspur 02-20-13 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TodTango (Post 1292555)
Spurs Nation

Phil didn't invent the triple post or triangle, It was devised by Sam Barry in the 40's at USC and then got revised by Kansas State Coaches Cotton Fitzsimmons and Tex Winter. Winter gets much of the credit due to the success he had in influencing Phil Jackson on those Championship Bulls team.

But Go Spurs Go for the awesome offensive schemes. Now that the defense has improved back to normalcy, I look for a deep run in hopes of 1 for the THUMB!
FireySpurs

TodTango...The GIF of Parker disappearing:yikes and the reappearing:yikes at the basket is maybe one of the best basketball GIF's I have ever seen. Its just awesome !!! :applause:applause:applause

JuanCaca 02-21-13 08:41 AM

i see dead people...

buttsR4rebounding 02-21-13 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racspur (Post 1292572)
TodTango...The GIF of Parker disappearing:yikes and the reappearing:yikes at the basket is maybe one of the best basketball GIF's I have ever seen. Its just awesome !!! :applause:applause:applause

+1

shelden 02-21-13 03:20 PM

Quote:

Popovich made significant growth 10 years ago or so after David Robinson left. It had been pretty stilted. You know, two big guys. A lot of stuff he does represents the triangle offense. They flow into it a different way. Strong-side triangle. Pinch-post action. Some of it may have come about because we were going at each other all the time in the playoffs and he had to defend against it.
Those of you who thought Phil was complimenting Pop and the Spurs should read the interview again. I found it condescending and typical of PJax's arrogant view that he was the innovator and Pop the imitator.