SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Bonner changed his release and did fantastic! (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118668-bonner-changed-his-release-did-fantastic.html)

Jose_TheGenius 02-16-13 08:45 PM

Bonner changed his release and did fantastic!
 
there, i'm proud of the guy. i'm glad he didn't statue it up and used his legs more. he honestly changed his motion/technique and that got him 19 points in the first round!

Jose_TheGenius 02-16-13 09:02 PM

he lost his legs in the second round, not enough jump as before. still, a solid performance!

SleepyAdamII 02-16-13 09:06 PM

There was a second when I thought he could have won it . 1st Spur to win the 3pt shoot out?

Uwe Blab 02-16-13 09:12 PM

Come on Jose. He didn't change anything. Why would he? Quit trying to save face and admit you were wrong about him embarrassing himself.

choppsboy 02-16-13 09:23 PM

Bonner represented very well.



Better than TP anyway. Hopefully TP makes up for it tomorrow.

Jose_TheGenius 02-16-13 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1292436)
Come on Jose. He didn't change anything. Why would he? Quit trying to save face and admit you were wrong about him embarrassing himself.

do we really have to go through this again?

if anything, the guy used more leg in one shot than he has in his whole tenure as a Spur. he released higher too and didn't statue it up out there. he changed his shot and i did admit i was wrong that he didn't embarrass himself on other SpursReport places. i knew he wouldn't embarrass himself if he changed his shot, i just didn't think he was going to. maybe Luke Bonner (who helped him practice the whole time) told him to change just about his whole stance/motion/release.

we need this shot motion in the playoffs for him, no way a PG can block it if he keeps it up now.

Rzarector7 02-16-13 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1292440)
do we really have to go through this again?

if anything, the guy used more leg in one shot than he has in his whole tenure as a Spur. he released higher too and didn't statue it up out there. he changed his shot and i did admit i was wrong that he didn't embarrass himself on other SpursReport places. i knew he wouldn't embarrass himself if he changed his shot, i just didn't think he was going to. maybe Luke Bonner (who helped him practice the whole time) told him to change just about his whole stance/motion/release.

we need this shot motion in the playoffs for him, no way a PG can block it if he keeps it up now.

Yeah playoffs! I hope we don't see him that much in the playoffs Jose, we go through this every year and say what if about the playoffs for him. I hope others get more mins. facepalm:laugh

Dulce 02-16-13 10:05 PM

See what Matt Bonner had to say after his second-place showing in the Three Point Shootout. Matt Bonner - Three Point Contest | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS

Uwe Blab 02-16-13 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1292440)
do we really have to go through this again?

if anything, the guy used more leg in one shot than he has in his whole tenure as a Spur. he released higher too and didn't statue it up out there. he changed his shot and i did admit i was wrong that he didn't embarrass himself on other SpursReport places. i knew he wouldn't embarrass himself if he changed his shot, i just didn't think he was going to. maybe Luke Bonner (who helped him practice the whole time) told him to change just about his whole stance/motion/release.

we need this shot motion in the playoffs for him, no way a PG can block it if he keeps it up now.

:laugh. His shot didn't change. There's nothing to go through again. If he would have changed his technique he WOULD have embarrassed himself. You can't just change a motion you've been doing for most of your life and do as well as he did. Give it up.

bills0 02-17-13 12:34 AM

I seem to remember an article earlier in the year that said that Bonner was working with the coaches to change his 3pt shot. They wanted him to get his shot up faster with a higher release point.

KAD 02-17-13 02:51 AM

Bonner was superb and I think hit more baskets in the finals - Irving hit more moneyballs and won.

Tony was great until he missed all 5 tries at the 3pointer from the top of the key??

td4mvp2k 02-17-13 08:20 AM

CG 2 Bonner!

MichaelWi101 02-17-13 08:59 AM

It's nice that he had the success he did, and I do wish he could shoot like then when the pressure is on in the playoffs and guys are running out at him and contesting his shot.

To say that these results show he's improved on his technique and that suddenly he's going to be a force in the playoffs because of this one outing, is as ridiculous as saying Tony's game has fallen apart because of his troubles in the skills competition.

Jose_TheGenius 02-17-13 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1292446)
:laugh. His shot didn't change. There's nothing to go through again. If he would have changed his technique he WOULD have embarrassed himself. You can't just change a motion you've been doing for most of your life and do as well as he did. Give it up.

because he didn't jump off the floor this time around? you know when he ran out of gas, it wasn't because his arm was too tired, it was because he lost his legs. in the last rack, he went to his old motion of one arming it without lift because he knew he lost, other than that he jumped off the floor higher than usual. please show where he wasn't set up on a consistent basis to throw a shot up and showed lift? hell if you actually saw the 3-Point Contest or see Bonner before this, he didn't release the shot right on his face like he usually does.

no?

thought so :)

choppsboy 02-17-13 12:16 PM

He didn't change his shot Jose. It is your imagination.

No one changes their shot and makes that many.

It may have looked different because he isn't playing in a real basketball game, but he didn't change his shot.

give it up.

dude did well.

clovisnmspurfan 02-17-13 01:55 PM

Bonner 4 ever!

Jose_TheGenius 02-17-13 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choppsboy (Post 1292459)
He didn't change his shot Jose. It is your imagination.

No one changes their shot and makes that many.

It may have looked different because he isn't playing in a real basketball game, but he didn't change his shot.

give it up.

dude did well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwblNgljKcw

because he shot those one handers last night?

yes i'm admitting he did well, he wasn't a statue last night. i'll give him the props he deserves, but to say the dude went along on his old form is insane. call me a hater if you want, but teaching guys how to shoot makes you realize the little tweaks anyone does. he changed his release and at one point used a traditional two hand release except on the last rack where he knew he was done.

alh1020 02-17-13 03:18 PM

Change or not, the last 4-5 home games I attended prior to the All Star game, Bonner seemed to be the last Spur on the court after shoot around and he was nailing the 3 pointers, with instruction from Engelland. Normally, a score of 20 would pretty much nail down a 3 point shooting victory but I guess it was Irving's night to shine. The Red Mamba did himself proud last night with a good showing.

Uwe Blab 02-17-13 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1292466)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwblNgljKcw

because he shot those one handers last night?

yes i'm admitting he did well, he wasn't a statue last night. i'll give him the props he deserves, but to say the dude went along on his old form is insane. call me a hater if you want, but teaching guys how to shoot makes you realize the little tweaks anyone does. he changed his release and at one point used a traditional two hand release except on the last rack where he knew he was done.

Dude, you're crazy. No difference. Fast forward to 2 minute mark. Compare the two videos. If anything, his release was higher in your video, but I think it's all just camera angles. Again, he would have been crazy to change anything for this competition. I know you don't want to be completely wrong, but you were. I'm about to call you WILLTHETHRILL.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OqiIsCxPrm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jose_TheGenius 02-17-13 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1292478)
Dude, you're crazy. No difference. Fast forward to 2 minute mark. Compare the two videos. If anything, his release was higher in your video, but I think it's all just camera angles. Again, he would have been crazy to change anything for this competition. I know you don't want to be completely wrong, but you were. I'm about to call you WILLTHETHRILL.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OqiIsCxPrm0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

i've posted vids in the other one, you know where he doesn't jump and just pops it with pure arm. i said the guy would embarrass himself if he used a motion without legs and pure arm where he has to be completely set (go to the other thread please) and he didn't. the release may look higher in the other one but that's because he goes from low to high on the motion to release in front of his face over this new one where he's jumping, holding it high, and releasing.

was i wrong about embarrassing himself? yes. is he shooting the same way he used to last season? no. dude hasn't gotten consistent minutes to be watching his complete motion this season unless it's in a blowout, hell Blair has gotten more minutes this stretch.

i'll admit i'm wrong where i'm wrong. keep being a Matt Bonner mark if you wish, i'm not saying i'm completely wrong when i wasn't. this year's motion wouldn't get him blocked in the playoffs and i'm sure he'll shoot better in the playoffs (if he even plays) than years past. if you'd even coach 5 year olds, you'd know why Bonner couldn't get a shot off in the playoffs and why he'd get a shot off with last night's technique.

choppsboy 02-17-13 05:13 PM

It is clear that he changed his shot only on the ones he made, and he reverted back to his crap form on his misses.

Back and forth between the two stiles he went. If only he had stuck with the new form he developed just for the 3 point contest.

Rzarector7 02-18-13 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan (Post 1292464)
Bonner 4 ever!

:rolleyes:rolleyes:smirk Forever second.........

Rzarector7 02-18-13 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1292477)
Change or not, the last 4-5 home games I attended prior to the All Star game, Bonner seemed to be the last Spur on the court after shoot around and he was nailing the 3 pointers, with instruction from Engelland. Normally, a score of 20 would pretty much nail down a 3 point shooting victory but I guess it was Irving's night to shine. The Red Mamba did himself proud last night with a good showing.

Yep a good showing and went further than I thought he would no doubt! Whats funny is his good showings always get trumped! His best playoff game when he hit three in a row against Memphis we lost (Hero style lol)! It seems when he does well we or he even loses. It is like he is just flat out cursed to be honest, good or BAD he just loses facepalm

Uwe Blab 02-18-13 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1292480)
i've posted vids in the other one, you know where he doesn't jump and just pops it with pure arm. i said the guy would embarrass himself if he used a motion without legs and pure arm where he has to be completely set (go to the other thread please) and he didn't. the release may look higher in the other one but that's because he goes from low to high on the motion to release in front of his face over this new one where he's jumping, holding it high, and releasing.

was i wrong about embarrassing himself? yes. is he shooting the same way he used to last season? no. dude hasn't gotten consistent minutes to be watching his complete motion this season unless it's in a blowout, hell Blair has gotten more minutes this stretch.

i'll admit i'm wrong where i'm wrong. keep being a Matt Bonner mark if you wish, i'm not saying i'm completely wrong when i wasn't. this year's motion wouldn't get him blocked in the playoffs and i'm sure he'll shoot better in the playoffs (if he even plays) than years past. if you'd even coach 5 year olds, you'd know why Bonner couldn't get a shot off in the playoffs and why he'd get a shot off with last night's technique.

He clearly uses his legs all the time. He's not shooting free throws from the 3 point line. And you've been basing your argument on his shooting form from this season, and now suddenly it's been different this whole time? I would think you would have said something about his shooting form changing for the better before the All Star break. He's played in enough games to see. I've only missed maybe a total of 10 games the last 15 years. I know what his shot looks like. And it hasn't changed.

Look, you take full credit when you are right about something, take full accountability when you are wrong. Don't make up things to only be half wrong.

WILLTHETHRILL 02-18-13 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1292478)
Dude, you're crazy. No difference. Fast forward to 2 minute mark. Compare the two videos. If anything, his release was higher in your video, but I think it's all just camera angles. Again, he would have been crazy to change anything for this competition. I know you don't want to be completely wrong, but you were. I'm about to call you WILLTHETHRILL.

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OqiIsCxPrm0" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Leave me out of this one UWE BLOB. Trade Bonner!

TimmyDthaWay2B 02-18-13 12:35 PM

Well it's great to know Bonner can hit three's in a stupid 3 pt contest... Come playoffs, he won't be able to hit the ocean.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0