SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Pop said Spurs interested in French Forward Mickael Gelabale (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118584-pop-said-spurs-interested-french-forward-mickael-gelabale.html)

spurscrazed 02-06-13 11:40 AM

Pop said Spurs interested in French Forward Mickael Gelabale

Tweet from Jeff McDonald this morning.

Quote:

@JMcDonald_SAEN Pop says Spurs have had interest in French forward Mickael Gelabale, who is on the second of two 10-days with Minnesota.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...evnwHEO8eetxIg

Mickael Gelabale Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Minnesota Timberwolves - ESPN
Mickael Gelabale
#15 SF6' 7", 215 lbsMinnesota Timberwolves
BornMay 22, 1983 in France (Age: 29)
Drafted2005: 2nd Rnd, 18th by SEA

Sign in to personalize
#15 SF6' 7", 215 lbsMinnesota Timberwolves
BornMay 22, 1983 in France (Age: 29)
Drafted2005: 2nd Rnd, 18th by SEA
CollegeNone
Experience2 years
2012-13 Season
PPG APG RPG PER
6.1 0.3 3.0 11.77
Career
4.6 0.8 2.2

Spurd_On 02-06-13 01:23 PM

Why? Are the Toros shorthanded?

mckennaspur1 02-06-13 02:34 PM

If Pop said it, I'm inclined to believe that it's 100% untrue.

Is the idea that we'd trade SJax at the deadline, emphasize Kawhi more at the SF and then use this guy as Kawhi's back-up?

steefposton 02-06-13 03:31 PM

Sjax gone as part of a deal for Jefferson and then use Galebele as our backup SF....I'm fine with that.

alh1020 02-06-13 03:44 PM

Very timely bit of info, particularly since we play the Wolves tonight. And what is it with the French players? If CIA Pop did in fact say this, he'd already have the skinny on this guy with input from TP, Diaw and DeColo.

Kager 02-06-13 04:05 PM

I think Pop said this as a favour to TP/Diaw/Nando to create some competitive tension for his services so that Minni would stop giving him 10 day contracts and sign him.

KAD 02-07-13 10:18 AM

Hm hate to see Jax go as he does give us a level of toughness, but sometimes goes of on his own too!

spurscrazed 02-07-13 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1291774)
Very timely bit of info, particularly since we play the Wolves tonight. And what is it with the French players? If CIA Pop did in fact say this, he'd already have the skinny on this guy with input from TP, Diaw and DeColo.

Hmmm good point!

The thing is I can't recall Pop saying that Spurs are interested in a player for a long time.....Usually Spurs FO keep very quiet about their interest...But we are talking a 10 day contract guy here....:drummer

Something has to give!

What I recall though was that Pop kept saying the "foreign kid" at the beg of this year a lot in some interviews....!!!

alh1020 02-07-13 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurscrazed (Post 1291833)
What I recall though was that Pop kept saying the "foreign kid" at the beg of this year a lot in some interviews....!!!

You know, Pops saying 'foreign kid' should pretty much be common place now since we got 9 out of towners on the roster. The fun thing for reporters is trying to pry out of him who he is actually referring to.

spurscrazed 02-07-13 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1291836)
You know, Pops saying 'foreign kid' should pretty much be common place now since we got 9 out of towners on the roster. The fun thing for reporters is trying to pry out of him who he is actually referring to.

True since Spurs have so many foreign players now.....

Except Pop said the "foreign kid" turned out to be referring to Aron Baynes the last time. But hey Pop can dodge many questions by saying such general statement anytime to avoid stating the Spurs real interest! We all know Pop and Spurs by now.:wink

Uwe Blab 02-07-13 11:16 AM

They are still looking at SF's, which means that they may be planning to do something with Sjax.

Kager 02-07-13 07:37 PM

Doing this as a bump to understand the situation but seriously what is with the new facination with Gelable?

He is on a 10 day contract and the last time he played in the NBA before that is 07/08, add to that he is not exactly lighting up the score sheet even with playing 20 min per game (6 pt and 3 rebounds and not much else).

I am asking because it can't just be because Pop mentioned him so everyone jumps on board, has anyone seen anything from him I haven't to start this Scola like focus.