News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-13, 05:15 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Official Spurs at Timberwolves Game Thread (Wed. 8:00)

8:00 PM
TV:FSN, ESPN

San Antonio (38 - 11)

at

Minnesota (18 - 27)

Spurs-Timberwolves Preview

By JUSTIN EINHORN
STATS Senior Editor

(AP) -- The San Antonio Spurs own a 10-game winning streak and the league's best record as their annual rodeo road trip begins.
The best news, though, is they expect Tim Duncan to play during the trek.

It's uncertain if that will happen for the opener after he suffered a scary-looking injury, but the Spurs still shouldn't expect much trouble Wednesday night with the lowly Minnesota Timberwolves.

Duncan was down for several minutes after Washington's Martell Webster rolled into the back of his legs in the second quarter of Saturday's 96-86 victory. The two-time MVP had to be helped to the locker room.

An MRI on Sunday, though, revealed no structural damage. Duncan suffered only a mild right ankle sprain and is listed as day to day with a sore knee, a problem which caused him to miss the previous four games.

"When you first see it, nothing positive in your mind pops up," guard Gary Neal said. "... But it was nothing serious and Timmy will probably be back in the middle of the road trip."

The 14-time All-Star, however, was shooting jumpers at practice Monday, and the team has yet to say when he is expected to play. One member of the Spurs said he would not be shocked if coach Gregg Popovich played Duncan on Wednesday.

"You can't be surprised of nothing that happens between (Duncan) and Pop," swingman Stephen Jackson said. "... They have a relationship like no other. I wouldn't be surprised. They do a great job of communicating, they've been together for so long. I think they know how each other feel and I think Pop will make the right decision."

This is the first of nine straight road games - broken up by All-Star weekend - while the rodeo takes over the AT&T Center. The Spurs were 8-1 on last year's trip and have never had a losing record on this extended road swing, which they first took in 2003.
"If you know you're winning, it's always fun," Neal said of these treks. "So hopefully we'll be able to get out to a good start against Minnesota on the trip and continue to build from there."
San Antonio (38-11) is riding its fourth double-digit win streak in 13 months but first this season. The 10 opponents on this run have been held to an average of 90.8 points.

Offensively, Tony Parker has keyed the surge. He's been particularly good over the last five games, shooting 65.8 percent while averaging 23.8 points and 9.8 assists.

Parker had 20 points on 10-of-15 shooting in a 106-88 home win over Minnesota on Jan. 13 in this season's only meeting. Duncan had a season-high seven blocks, but even if he doesn't play Wednesday, San Antonio seems to have a good shot at its 19th win in the last 21 meetings.

The Timberwolves (18-27), losers in 12 of 14, haven't defeated the Spurs without Kevin Love since 2007. Love, out with a broken hand, averaged 21.0 points and 15.5 rebounds in two wins over San Antonio last season after Minnesota had lost 16 straight in the series.

The Timberwolves' other starting forward also could be sidelined. Andrei Kirilenko strained his right quadriceps in Monday's 100-98 home loss to Portland and did not return.

Ricky Rubio tied a career high with 14 assists and added a season-best 15 points. Dante Cunningham, 20 of 27 from the field in the last two games, scored a career-high 23 as Minnesota nearly overcame a 19-point deficit in the fourth quarter.

"If we play like that, we can play with anybody," center Nikola Pekovic said.

INJURY REPORT
Tim Duncan – (Sore Left Knee) – DAY-TO-DAY
Manu Ginobili – (Tightness, Left Hamstring) – DOUBTFUL

Last edited by Eddy from Austin; 02-06-13 at 10:51 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-05-13, 07:29 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Spurs win 115 - 95
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-06-13, 01:27 AM
SR Team Goof

If you look at the Wolves’ injury list, you’d think the Spurs should blow these guys away. Budinger/knee/out til early March; Kirilenko/quads/questionable for Spurs game; Pekovic/groin/probable for Spurs game; Lee/knee-hip/out for season; Love/hand/out til mid March; Roy/knee/out til mid Feb.

Depending on which Spurs team shows up will dictate how the game finishes. This is the start of the rodeo road trip and they need to start with a win, so they should be focused. If they play team ball, limit turnovers and control the boards, the Wolves won’t know what hit them. But if the Spurs play down to the Wolves and let them stay close, we’ll be lucky to walk out with our heads held up.

Blowout!

Spurs………110
Wolves……..82
Old 02-06-13, 09:43 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Spurs 108
Wolves 87
Old 02-06-13, 11:26 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Spurs start the RRT (Rodeo Road Trip) with a Great Win!

Might the Spurs have some few rust at the beginning of the game, they should get over that and shake that off quickly!!!

Again no Manu and no TD probably, All other Spurs will have to RISE UP!!!!

Finally seems like forever we haven't seen a Spurs game!!!!
Looking forward to this game tonight to start the RRT on a Positive Good Note!!!!

Spurs 102
TWolves 92

Go Spurs Go
I asked them if it wasn't too much trouble, if I wasn't being too pushy, if they could execute what we were trying to do. And if it didn't make them too angry, if they also wanted to play some defense on the other end, that would be great.
--Gregg Popovich!
Old 02-06-13, 04:06 PM

@JMcDonald_SAEN David Stern will attend tonight's Spurs-Wolves game in Minnesota. Presume he's not here to check medical charts on Duncan, Manu.
:shocked
I asked them if it wasn't too much trouble, if I wasn't being too pushy, if they could execute what we were trying to do. And if it didn't make them too angry, if they also wanted to play some defense on the other end, that would be great.
--Gregg Popovich!
Old 02-06-13, 04:08 PM

OH one more thing!
REFS for tonight!!!!!!!!!!
Joe Crawford , Kevin Fehr, Courtney Kirkland
--Gregg Popovich!
Old 02-06-13, 04:23 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
@JMcDonald_SAEN David Stern will attend tonight's Spurs-Wolves game in Minnesota. Presume he's not here to check medical charts on Duncan, Manu.
I'm thinking he's there to oversee some 'in the field beta testing' to support his adoption of blood testing for Human Growth Hormone (HGH) in the NBA. That and probably talk to Joey Crawford to make sure Pop gets tossed by the end of the 1st quarter.
Old 02-06-13, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I'm thinking he's there to oversee some 'in the field beta testing' to support his adoption of blood testing for Human Growth Hormone (HGH) in the NBA. That and probably talk to Joey Crawford to make sure Pop gets tossed by the end of the 1st quarter.

Oh Boy!

I wouldn't be surprised if Pop got tossed tonight To be honest with you!!!
Things could get ugly on the first RRT tonight!!!

Stay Solid Spurs!

Go Spurs Go
--Gregg Popovich!