News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
  #1  
Old 02-04-13, 04:48 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633
Joseph D-League All-Star

The NBA Development League today announced that San Antonio Spurs guard Cory Joseph has been selected to play in the seventh annual NBA D-League All-Star Game on Saturday, Feb. 16, at Sprint Arena at NBA All-Star Jam Session at Houston’s George R. Brown Convention Center. The game will air live on NBA TV at 2 p.m. CT.

Joseph has split the 2012-13 season between San Antonio and Austin having been assigned to the Toros on five different occasions. He is the 15th Toros player to be selected to the D-League All-Star Game.

In 18 games with the Toros this season, Joseph is averaging a team-high 19.9 points, 5.1 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 1.39 steals, while shooting .455 (122-268) from the field, .456 (26-57) from three-point range and .789 (86-109) from the free throw line for the reigning NBA D-League champions. The former University of Texas product ranks second in the D-League in scoring and 11th in assists.

Joseph has posted two double-doubles and has scored in double figures in 17 games, including 20-or-more in 10 games and a season-high 30 points twice.

The Canadian has appeared in 10 games with the Spurs this season averaging 1.9 points in 6.8 minutes.

The NBA D-League has announced their 2013 All-Star teams.

Fourteen of the players have NBA experience and several are currently on NBA rosters.

On the Future All-Star roster are Micah Downs, Courtney Fortson, Ron Howard, Jerome Jordan, Jeremy Lamb, Marcus Landry, Shelvin Mack, Arinze Onuaku, DaJuan Summers and Chris Wright.

On the Prospects All-Star roster are Andrew Goudelock, Damion James, Terrence Jones, Cory Joseph, D.J. Kennedy, James Mays, Jerel McNeal, Demetric Nichols, Tim Ohlbrecht and Henry Sims.

Spurs.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-04-13, 05:13 PM
WhiteChocolateJr's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,618

*D-League Allstar!*...a/k/a "Deep Bench Scrub" and "15th Man on a Roster."
__________________
Click HERE to see the rest of my "oversized" signature.
"Leadership is diving after loose balls." -Larry Bird
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-04-13, 06:00 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteChocolateJr View Post
*D-League Allstar!*...a/k/a "Deep Bench Scrub" and "15th Man on a Roster."
Ill see a DL AS then a NBA AS and the "Deep Bench Scrubs"/"15th Man on a Roster" could be that player for teams to win games so good BB IQ you have there...

Last edited by td4mvp2k; 02-04-13 at 06:03 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-04-13, 06:33 PM
WhiteChocolateJr's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
Ill see a DL AS then a NBA AS and the "Deep Bench Scrubs"/"15th Man on a Roster" could be that player for teams to win games so good BB IQ you have there...
Listen, Chief Boldface: There's a boatload of walk-on level talent in the d-league. We aren't talking about top players here. We're talking 'bout walk-ons.


Walk-ons.

Joseph is supposed to dominate the local talent at the Y--that's why he was an NBA draft pick.

In fact...14 of the 20 selected for the junior-miss ALL-STAR* game have some NBA experience. A handful have even played in more than garbage time. By and large, even these seasoned players are second rounders, or at best low first rounders. Here's where you pay attention again: Cory Joseph was the can't-miss 29th pick in the first round. At pick 29, you get a heckuva lot more DJ Whites and Alando Tuckers than you get Tony Parkers...and you straight high son, if you think Alando Tucker's 'bout to be snatched up to win any sort of game for an NBA club.

If Pop and the FO Powers That Be thought someone from the minors was going to "win games" for this NBA club, that player would be riding the pine next to Bonner right now instead of hoisting the Skinniest-Kid-in-Fat-Camp trophy after the DLASG main event. Guaran-damn-teed.

__________________
Click HERE to see the rest of my "oversized" signature.
"Leadership is diving after loose balls." -Larry Bird
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-04-13, 07:00 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteChocolateJr View Post
Listen, Chief Boldface: There's a boatload of walk-on level talent in the d-league. We aren't talking about top players here. We're talking 'bout walk-ons.

Walk-ons.

Joseph is supposed to dominate the local talent at the Y--that's why he was an NBA draft pick.

In fact...14 of the 20 selected for the junior-miss ALL-STAR* game have some NBA experience. A handful have even played in more than garbage time. By and large, even these seasoned players are second rounders, or at best low first rounders. Here's where you pay attention again: Cory Joseph was the can't-miss 29th pick in the first round. At pick 29, you get a heckuva lot more DJ Whites and Alando Tuckers than you get Tony Parkers...and you straight high son, if you think Alando Tucker's 'bout to be snatched up to win any sort of game for an NBA club.

If Pop and the FO Powers That Be thought someone from the minors was going to "win games" for this NBA club, that player would be riding the pine next to Bonner right now instead of hoisting the Skinniest-Kid-in-Fat-Camp trophy after the DLASG main event. Guaran-damn-teed.
Ha... If Im "Chief Boldface" then your Chief DA... It was good of you to post AI cuz thats who your like when I see your posts and the nothing you know of what the DL is... So you should do what you post and get some more to know!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-04-13, 07:54 PM
Kager's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 1,585

Did Cory run over your dog White Choc?

I see no reason to slam him.... the Spurs sent him to the farm to get regular minutes and still learn the rotations and get used to running a team.

This accolade, as lowley as it is in your eyes, shows that he is doing what is required of him and this could be the basis of a better player at the other end.

Would you prefer him riding pine?
__________________
........ And World Peace
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-05-13, 10:49 AM
WhiteChocolateJr's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kager View Post
Did Cory run over your dog White Choc?

I see no reason to slam him.... the Spurs sent him to the farm to get regular minutes and still learn the rotations and get used to running a team.

This accolade, as lowley as it is in your eyes, shows that he is doing what is required of him and this could be the basis of a better player at the other end.

Would you prefer him riding pine?
Yeah...actually. You didn't read about it? It was kind of a big deal.

__________________
Click HERE to see the rest of my "oversized" signature.
"Leadership is diving after loose balls." -Larry Bird
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0