News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-02-13, 08:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Duncan goes down

Webster had his shot blocked by Leonard and then trying to "sell" the foul, Webster rolled up into Tim's left leg. Let's hope it's not that bad, but from the looks of how Tim went down and had to be helped off, it didn't look good. Freakin Webster!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-02-13, 08:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Yea it looks really bad, could be the end of Tim's season.

I hope not!

$
Old 02-02-13, 09:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Washington announcers called it sprained left knee and sprained right ankle. Hopefully rest through All-Star break and he's good to go for the stretch run?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-02-13, 09:19 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

"Sprains" can be anything from 2 to 6 weeks in recovery depending on severity.

Who knows...

$
Old 02-02-13, 09:28 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Tim Duncan of San Antonio Spurs injures knee, ankle against Washington Wizards - ESPN
Old 02-02-13, 09:30 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Man, that made me nervous. Not for the season, but for Tim's career. A major knee injury at this stage of his career could mean the end.
Old 02-02-13, 09:31 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

It's not a big injury. Should be ready after all star week.....he'll be fine!
Old 02-02-13, 09:51 PM
SpursReport Team Member

you sound awfully confident before any MRI's or anything are done. Rondo had a sprained knee until they found out it was his ACL. Not to be an alarmist, and I certainly hope you're right, but I'm still nervous.
Old 02-02-13, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
It's not a big injury. Should be ready after all star week.....he'll be fine!
Pop will sit him a week after he's ok imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by steefposton View Post
you sound awfully confident before any MRI's or anything are done. Rondo had a sprained knee until they found out it was his ACL. Not to be an alarmist, and I certainly hope you're right, but I'm still nervous.
MRI's are usually done the next day, X-Rays are done at the arena (from my knowledge). they knew about Rondo's injury during the game, it was that serious. i'm sure they look at precautions like if the can move it a certain way even with the swelling.

i'm nervous also, but i don't believe it's way too serious if he could leave on his own power from the back (with 2 sprains on each leg).
Old 02-02-13, 10:23 PM
SR Team Goof

Scary moment but seeing TD walk on his own when he got into the tunnel heading to the locker room should raise hopes he'll be back sooner than we thought. He just needs to sit for a while.
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 02-02-13, 10:59 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Hoping that it's not too serious.

In the past, Tim has said that he acts like a baby when he's in pain, so his being immobile after he went down doesn't tell us much.

On the other hand, I've had tears in both knees and lots of bad ankle sprains and was able to leave under my own steam. So his walking to the dressing room doesn't say much either.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 02-02-13, 11:59 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Baynes also got hurt during the Toros Gams
Old 02-03-13, 12:04 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Well...., at least now we'll get to see more of Aron Baynes. He already gives us more than Bonner & Blair.
Old 02-03-13, 12:09 AM
There is only 1 Ginobili!

The MRI isn't needed to determine if he has a tear. It just shows the severity of one. Will could do a test right there and look to see if it's instable. Will Sevening is a solid trainer and he could do that evaluation blind-folded. I think Tim D will be back and he will be ready for the playoffs.

Old 02-03-13, 12:21 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Legged Dog View Post
Well...., at least now we'll get to see more of Aron Baynes. He already gives us more than Bonner & Blair.
He got hurt tonight also. Haven't heard if he will miss time.
Old 02-03-13, 12:33 AM

Baynes suffers injury in Toros stint

Old 02-03-13, 12:49 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodTango View Post

The MRI isn't needed to determine if he has a tear. It just shows the severity of one. Will could do a test right there and look to see if it's instable. Will Sevening is a solid trainer and he could do that evaluation blind-folded. I think Tim D will be back and he will be ready for the playoffs.
LOL I hope so, back and ready for the playoffs? Good lord thats a long ways away, if he is out that long we fall a few spots.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 02-03-13, 01:44 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
The article says he was not limping, but it looked like he was limping to me. You can see it just past the 1:55:00 mark here (9:24 left in the 4th).

NBA Development League: Toros at Jam Game Info - February 2, 2013

Hopefully both he and Duncan will be fine.
Old 02-03-13, 02:10 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

All Tweets are from Jeff McDonald of SA Express News

Quote:
@JMcDonald_SAEN: Parker seemed to indicate he thought Duncan might be back for the second leg of rodeo trip. No idea how he'd know that, but there it is.
I sure hope you are right TP!!!!

Quote:
@JMcDonald_SAEN: Duncan was in the locker room after the game. Players that talked to him seemed optimistic, but who knows?
Again Timmy's locker room appearance did not seem too scary! Let's hope TD was just being super hypochondryack (sp?) or super cautious!

Get Well Big Timmay!!!

Quote:
@JMcDonald_SAEN: More Webster: "My prayers, my heart goes out to him that everything is okay and he has a speedy and healthy recovery."
Quote:
@JMcDonald_SAEN: Webster on his role in Duncan's fall: " I was sad to see him go down. I would never wish that upon anybody. It was crazy it happened."

@JMcDonald_SAEN: FWIW: Randy Wittman on Duncan's injury: "I just talked to (the Spurs') doctors and they said he is going to be fine."

@JMcDonald_SAEN: If he's carted off in a wheelchair with his leg amputated, that's clearly a worse sign than if he ambles out on his own, no?

@JMcDonald_SAEN: Realize Rondo played an entire 4Q with an ACL tear. Didn't say Duncan walking out was definitely a good sign. Just "wasn't a bad sign."
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 02-03-13, 03:46 AM

HYPOCHONDRIAC- Someone who is overly anxious about their health.

There is a pic up of Tim walking unassisted. And Parker thinks Tim will be back for the 2nd part of RRT.

Old 02-03-13, 09:56 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Oh crap, didnt know about the Baynes injury... thats not cool... Well i guess the good news is that they both appear to be minor injuries, at least from initial reports, lets cross our fingers, get drunk watching the superbowl, and hopefull when we wake up for work on monday Timmay will be back (possibly with the awesome dominator knee brace again) and this will all just be a dream...
Old 02-03-13, 11:08 AM
SpursReport Team Member

NBA should get on Webster on Duncan... But they wont cuz its the Spurs so NBA is for it.

Last edited by td4mvp2k; 02-03-13 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-03-13, 12:26 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

td4mvp2k...why should the league get on Webster? There was nothing dirty in that play. The dude was moving forward and got knocked down in mid-air or was trying to draw a foul like Parker does every other time he drives in. His momentum carried him into Duncan's legs. Not everything is a conspiracy against the Spurs by the NBA. Take off the tin foil hat...remember...4 rings...not gonna happen if the league was out to get us.
Old 02-03-13, 12:49 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I'm Cautiously optimistic Tim should be okay. He was walking under his own power and there hasn't been the obligatory "tim will be out 5 weeks and we will have to call on other guys to pick up" routine.

Maybe a 2 week stint, keep Tim fresh. We've done ourselves a big favor in terms of getting a decent record and getting some breathing room. This being the midpoint of the season, this hit won't hurt us as much as if we were 7th or 8th seed and needed to climb out of a hole.
Old 02-03-13, 01:16 PM

td4mvp2k I don't think it was intentional!

SleepyAdamII Me too. I hope we are both correct and it would be a mild sprain or Strain and Timmy would take two weeks to get back to join the Spurs somewhere in the middle of this rodeo road trip.

This might give our Spurs FO a wake up call that they need to do something before trade deadline to bring in some BIGS that can help instead of some Bigs here who are not helping enough (Blair and Bonner)...:shocked

I am a firm believer there is always a reason for something to happen! There is still plenty of time before trade deadline...
Come on RC & the FO!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 02-03-13, 01:33 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I tore my ACL playing Volleyball, it felt funny but finished the game. Doc said it was a strain gave me a brace to wear for a wk. Soon as I put pressure on it, I'd go down. After 3wks, I finally got an MRI. Complete tear, doc wondered how I was even walking around. Damn urgent care Dr.
Timmy has the best in the Biz workin on him, pretty sure they'll take all measures necessary.

Last edited by stuffedmushroomz; 02-03-13 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-03-13, 01:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom32x4 View Post
td4mvp2k...why should the league get on Webster? There was nothing dirty in that play. The dude was moving forward and got knocked down in mid-air or was trying to draw a foul like Parker does every other time he drives in. His momentum carried him into Duncan's legs. Not everything is a conspiracy against the Spurs by the NBA. Take off the tin foil hat...remember...4 rings...not gonna happen if the league was out to get us.
Why wouldnt they get on him? And I DIDNT say if there was dirty play! Ya and TPs momentum doesnt get carried in to other players legs when he is trying to draw a foul in a drive in... I DIDNT say there was a conspiracy and your the 1 with a tin foil hat if you think so... Ya 4 rings and the league isnt out to get you is what they said in 04...

Last edited by td4mvp2k; 02-03-13 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-03-13, 02:29 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Spurscrazed

the spurs have been known, especially in championship years to sign a guy off waivers, like a glenn robinson. If the spurs don't do a trade, picking up some other team's castoff is still an option. I think Baynes is going to be fruitful for the remainder of the season and maybe strategically in the playoffs.
Old 02-03-13, 02:33 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
Spurscrazed

the spurs have been known, especially in championship years to sign a guy off waivers, like a glenn robinson. If the spurs don't do a trade, picking up some other team's castoff is still an option. I think Baynes is going to be fruitful for the remainder of the season and maybe strategically in the playoffs.
:applause
Old 02-03-13, 02:52 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
NBA should get on Webster on Duncan... But they wont cuz its the Spurs so NBA is for it.

You contradict yourself, first you say the league should get on Webster for rolling into Duncan then you tell me you didn't say it was a dirty play. It's either a dirty play the league should look into or it's an accident. You want the league to look into it, therefore, you think it was dirty. Also, you say right there that the league won't do anything because it's the Spurs, that is pretty much the definition of a conspiracy against the Spurs. My point is that the league is so biased against them that they've had 2 #1 picks in a 10 year span and 4 rings since 99...
Old 02-03-13, 03:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom32x4 View Post
You contradict yourself, first you say the league should get on Webster for rolling into Duncan then you tell me you didn't say it was a dirty play. It's either a dirty play the league should look into or it's an accident. You want the league to look into it, therefore, you think it was dirty. Also, you say right there that the league won't do anything because it's the Spurs, that is pretty much the definition of a conspiracy against the Spurs. My point is that the league is so biased against them that they've had 2 #1 picks in a 10 year span and 4 rings since 99...
:applause at you to contradict YOURSELF to put it out there that I didnt say that and that you did!

Last edited by td4mvp2k; 02-03-13 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-03-13, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
Spurscrazed

Spurs could pick a vet off waivers ala Glen Robinson that is for sure. There is still plenty of time to the trade deadline too. Hope our Spurs FO can find a good trade, but if they don't we will have to try to make things happen as is...

I do like what I saw so far from his few minutes. Let's hope we will see plenty of Baynes on the Spurs floor in the Rodeo Trip. This RRT could be a perfect time to the team JELLING and playing off each other to grow that Chemistry!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 02-04-13, 01:58 AM

I am of the opinion it was a dirty play but that the intended effect wasn't to be so malicious. It's gamesmanship. If you watch the whole play, Webster has his left ankle around Tim's right calf in mid-air. Tim whips his right leg free and turns his body to the left 180 degrees to face upcourt. Webster goes down hands first, he could have chosen to go chest after but he decided to roll.
The opportunity is to take Duncan out of the play, not to injure him. If Tim just falls on top of Webster with no injury, then it's a 4 on 4 instead of a 5 on 4 break. He rolled towards Tim in an effort to take him out of the play. Not to take him out for the season or worse. He seemed genuinely concerned so kudos to Webster for that, but that play, to me...seemed unnecessary.

Just thank the man above that the brace is all about protecting Tim. Punisher was on the job.

Old 02-04-13, 05:48 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I think Timmy will be just fine, but it woud certainly give the team self confidence to go through our upcoming road trip without him, while executing our game plan and ki king butt!
Old 02-04-13, 09:53 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Webster goes down hands first, he could have chosen to go chest after but he decided to roll. He rolled towards Tim in an effort to take him out of the play. Not to take him out for the season or worse. He seemed genuinely concerned so kudos to Webster for that, but that play, to me...seemed unnecessary.
:applause