SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   The vultures are circling around Boston (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118547-vultures-circling-around-boston.html)

alh1020 02-01-13 08:54 PM

The vultures are circling around Boston

Kurt Helin
Feb 1, 2013, 7:23 PM EST

Now with Jared Sullinger joining Rajon Rondo on the “done for the season” list, the vultures are circling. Other GMs are looking at the Celtics and want to try and pick the carcass clean.

We’ve talked about teams inquiring about Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, but then Ken Berger of CBSSports.com dropped this nugget on twitter:

Ken Berger@KBergCBS
With injuries mounting, teams have begun inquiring whether Boston is willing to trade Jason Terry to get under luxury tax, sources say.
<time class="dt-updated" title="Time posted: 01 Feb 2013, 22:26:25 (UTC)" datetime="2013-02-01T22:26:25+0000" pubdate="">10:26 PM - 01 Feb 13</time>

Jason Terry just signed with Boston this summer but at a reasonable mid-level exception deal — he has two-years at $10.4 million total left the two seasons after this.

Terry has struggled to find a comfort level in Boston, both in terms of his role and just his general play on the court — he is averaging 10 points a game (down from 15 last season) and has a PER of 11.9, the lowest of his career.

But GM Danny Ainge isn’t just giving him away to the fifth caller like a pair of Killers tickets. Ainge will listen to anything, but he wants some value back in return. And right now with the vultures circling, the offers the Celtics are getting are lowball ones.

Related link: LeBron says stars that want to win need to sacrifice dollars | ProBasketballTalk

td4mvp2k 02-01-13 09:30 PM

Who would trade for KG?

b1gdon 02-02-13 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by td4mvp2k (Post 1291481)
Who would trade for KG?

me

happy mothers day motherf***r

Guapo 02-02-13 09:06 AM

This could get interesting!

:yikes

spurscrazed 02-02-13 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guapo (Post 1291503)
This could get interesting!

:yikes

OH Indeed!!!!!! :)
This could get VERY Interesting Guapo!:drummer

Eddy from Austin 02-02-13 01:45 PM

td4mvp2k 02-03-13 02:06 PM

KG to LA?

The Los Angeles Clippers have contacted the Boston Celtics about a potential trade surrounding Kevin Garnett, according to sources.

The two teams were talking ahead of Sunday's game against each other.

The Clippers' offer could include Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler.

Sean Deveney/Sporting News

Kager 02-03-13 06:19 PM

The clippers would be stupid is to make that deal and if I was Danny Ainge I would take it in a heartbeat.... Bledsoe is not just a back up PG he would start for many teams in this league and would work like Bradley already does for Celts, Also Butler would fill the Jets position well so they could trade for another big.

spurduncan21 02-03-13 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by td4mvp2k (Post 1291568)
The Los Angeles Clippers have contacted the Boston Celtics about a potential trade surrounding Kevin Garnett, according to sources.

The two teams were talking ahead of Sunday's game against each other.

The Clippers' offer could include Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler.

Sean Deveney/Sporting News

Would be great for clippers

WILLTHETHRILL 02-03-13 07:04 PM

I'd ask for more if I was the Celtics. Bledsoe is a FA this summer if I recall correctly?

WILLTHETHRILL 02-03-13 08:01 PM

^ My bad he has another year after this one.

Jose_TheGenius 02-03-13 09:16 PM

Rondo is still on the team. unless they think Rondo is completely done as a player, you take it. Bledsoe on the team wouldn't be ideal with Rondo taking up the minutes.

i don't get why the Clippers do it. do they trade their starting SF for a starting PF and then what? KG comes off the bench? Jordan, who's playing well, is the 3rd big? do they even try to play KG at SF or something?

this trade makes no sense for both teams

Rzarector7 02-04-13 01:21 AM

JET, good lord we finally got that idiot out of the way! If they trade him back out West I will punch a hole in the wall lol.

td4mvp2k 02-04-13 10:02 AM

I wouldnt trade them Bledsoe for KG but the Clippers want to get big.

Kager 02-04-13 04:36 PM

How much big do they need start with Griff and Jordan then Lamar comes on a Ronnie after that?

KG is obviouslty better than Lamar and Ronnie but will that help as a back up to Lob City?

td4mvp2k 02-04-13 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kager (Post 1291628)
How much big do they need start with Griff and Jordan then Lamar comes on a Ronnie after that?

KG is obviouslty better than Lamar and Ronnie but will that help as a back up to Lob City?

I think it would and they wouldnt have to play KG alot.

td4mvp2k 02-20-13 01:01 PM

Fab Melo?

The Boston Celtics have made Fab Melo available in trade talks, according to sources.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WojYahooNBA#!/WojYahooNBA