News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-31-13, 10:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Dwane Casey Fined!

The NBA has fined Toronto Raptors head coach Dwane Casey $25,000 for public criticism of officiating, the NBA announced Thursday.

Casey made his comments in the postgame press conference following the Raptors' 93-92 loss Wednesday to the Atlanta Hawks. There were multiple questionable plays on the Raptors' final possession, the most egregious being when Toronto swingman DeMar DeRozan took a hard knock from Hawks center Al Horford while going up for a putback to tie the game.

Here's what Casey said, according to The Toronto Sun:

"I'm tired of losing games because of missed calls at the end of games. I know the league is going to come down on me, but I don't care. These guys have fought their hearts out, played their hearts out and at the end of the game, we get cracked, (league sends out an) apology, go back to Canada. I've been in this league 18 years and I've never seen so many missed calls at the end of the game to cost us the game."

USA TODAY Sports
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-31-13, 10:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
(league sends out an) apology, go back to Canada.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-31-13, 11:47 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Good for him. More coaches and players need to push back!
Old 02-01-13, 12:16 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I reeally like this coach. Always have.
Old 02-01-13, 12:27 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

so, theres no xpresion freedom in the nba? i didnt see why get fined...

btw IMO was more «disrespectful» when LeBron critized league schedule because heat gonna play during super bowl