News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-31-13, 04:07 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511
Report: Ryan Richards experiment ends in Poland

by: Trevor Zickgraf

Alright, it's time for Ryan Richards to come home. Well, no, not Great Britain. It's time for Ryan Richards to get his ass stateside, preferably to Austin. The continent of Europe seemingly doesn't agree with him. According to Emiliano Carchia of Sportando, Richards and Polish club Asseco Prokom Gdynia, have "parted ways."

Click HERE to read the article
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-31-13, 04:40 PM
mckennaspur1's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Posts: 6,209

The obvious response is that the guy is running out of chances. He has a golden opportunity to make alot of money in the NBA, but he needs to grow up and gets his head on straight.

He's only 21 and may not see how quickly youth and skill can vanish. For the sake of the Spurs, I hope he gets it together.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-31-13, 04:48 PM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,605

So is this guy a headcase or what?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-31-13, 05:57 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Quote:
Mostly, he's just still a really raw basketball player.

Trevor Zickgraf
Its that and he dont have a Pop for a coach but dont let him go cuz he will be good!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-31-13, 07:21 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
Its that and he dont have a Pop for a coach but dont let him go cuz he will be good!
Trevor's a cool guy i know from Project Spurs, but he has a liking to Richards. dunno if it's his abilities or his potential, but he's stretching his opinion on what Richards really is.

the truth is the guy has bailed out on two of his last 3 teams with the most current one kicking him out. that's not being a raw player, that's just quitting on his teammates. i love Pop and think he connects with players, but not even Pop could stop Richards from quitting at this point especially if he gets on the kid like he gets on everyone else. can you imagine plugging him in instead of Baynes on that turnover mess in Dallas? with Bud screaming at him, he probably would've quit the next day knowing him.

safest bet is that we'll never see him in a Spurs uniform. his raw game on the court makes him a desirable project but his attitude towards the game and respect for his team makes him a huge gamble. i can't imagine a team taking a chance on him with 3 horrible experiences so close to each other.

btw that "raw player" description is strictly from summer league and not from his incidents of 3 teams in the past year.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-31-13, 07:24 PM
alh1020's Avatar
SR Team Goof
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Right here
Posts: 5,141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
............safest bet is that we'll never see him in a Spurs uniform.
Trade bait?
__________________
Thereís a band called 1023MB. They havenít had any gigs yet.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-31-13, 07:26 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Trade bait?
i don't think we can get any GM drunk enough to give up anything for him. a low end low average player late in the second round sounds more attractive to take on over Richards at this point.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-31-13, 08:10 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
Trevor's a cool guy i know from Project Spurs, but he has a liking to Richards. dunno if it's his abilities or his potential, but he's stretching his opinion on what Richards really is.

the truth is the guy has bailed out on two of his last 3 teams with the most current one kicking him out. that's not being a raw player, that's just quitting on his teammates. i love Pop and think he connects with players, but not even Pop could stop Richards from quitting at this point especially if he gets on the kid like he gets on everyone else. can you imagine plugging him in instead of Baynes on that turnover mess in Dallas? with Bud screaming at him, he probably would've quit the next day knowing him.

btw that "raw player" description is strictly from summer league and not from his incidents of 3 teams in the past year.
Cant say why he isnt playing for them teams he was on cuz I dont know and I dont think others do as well so I dont think its ok to Richards to do so but you have to think that him being 21 is why he has had these things going on and I think this Trevor is on it when he thinks Richards in Austin can do him some good and I am with him. He was good in SL and the team was ok with him then but SL or not he is raw and with that I think Pop would be good for him. Pop has did this before!

Last edited by td4mvp2k; 01-31-13 at 08:28 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-31-13, 08:12 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-31-13, 10:50 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
Cant say why he isnt playing for them teams he was on cuz I dont know and I dont think others do as well so I dont think its ok to Richards to do so but you have to think that him being 21 is why he has had these things going on and I think this Trevor is on it when he thinks Richards in Austin can do him some good and I am with him. He was good in SL and the team was ok with him then but SL or not he is raw and with that I think Pop would be good for him. Pop has did this before!
it's widely been reported. he quit on his national team, literally out of no where. then he stopped going to games for the second team after that. now he's parting ways with this one.

look them up, they've been reported from reliable sources on Project Spurs (cheap plug)
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-31-13, 11:09 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
it's widely been reported. he quit on his national team, literally out of no where. then he stopped going to games for the second team after that. now he's parting ways with this one.

look them up, they've been reported from reliable sources on Project Spurs (cheap plug)
Ya I see ?s and no word on it but if the Spurs FO knows of it and had him in SL then its like I said... Btw who wouldnt quit on that national team?

Last edited by td4mvp2k; 01-31-13 at 11:13 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-01-13, 12:12 AM
Spurd_On's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: the next beam
Posts: 4,697

I think that the Spurs have already passed beyond Richards like several other bigs they have drafted in the past. Richards will never even make the D-League, at least, not with the Toros. He is a Failed draft choice.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 02-01-13 at 01:18 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-01-13, 03:51 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
Ya I see ?s and no word on it but if the Spurs FO knows of it and had him in SL then its like I said... Btw who wouldnt quit on that national team?
this was after Summer League.

question isn't if they bring him into summer league because SL invitees are just about everyone and some current young talent to get some more practice. the fact the Spurs were with a "weak" frontcourt bench of Bonner/Blair before Splitter's emergence and he wasn't invited on the team. instead we toughed it out and played a SF as a PF while signing an Aussie big man who's already seen more minutes now than Richards may ever see in a Spurs uniform.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-01-13, 03:51 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
I think that the Spurs have already passed beyond Richards like several other bigs they have drafted in the past. Richards will never even make the D-League, at least, not with the Toros. He is a Failed draft choice.
+1
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-01-13, 04:33 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
this was after Summer League.

question isn't if they bring him into summer league because SL invitees are just about everyone and some current young talent to get some more practice. the fact the Spurs were with a "weak" frontcourt bench of Bonner/Blair before Splitter's emergence and he wasn't invited on the team. instead we toughed it out and played a SF as a PF while signing an Aussie big man who's already seen more minutes now than Richards may ever see in a Spurs uniform.
You can't fix stupid and not referring to Richards

(or Jose G.)

Last edited by WILLTHETHRILL; 02-01-13 at 04:42 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-01-13, 04:42 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,920

This is what I was thinking in that 2010 draft..............FYI I said then.

This guy was drafted #49 in 2010 first off. What do you really expect to get in the last dozen picks? Marc Gasol, Scola, etc. are rare examples but not common ones. I was really hoping that the Spurs would trade up to get Lance Stephenson.(drafted at #40 same year) In my view it was worth trading #49 and a future second for him. Yeah he had tons of red flags and I'm not defending him on any of them. NBA wise he has had almost nothing come up off the court on him. He was drafted by Larry Bird. Yes it took him some years to develop but he came out after his freshman year. I had a late first round draft grade even with the red flags. I was not high on that pick. The kid is young and maybe he can still turn it around down the road. Talent wise Stephenson was off the charts though.

Last edited by WILLTHETHRILL; 02-01-13 at 04:44 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-01-13, 05:35 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
this was after Summer League.

question isn't if they bring him into summer league because SL invitees are just about everyone and some current young talent to get some more practice. the fact the Spurs were with a "weak" frontcourt bench of Bonner/Blair before Splitter's emergence and he wasn't invited on the team. instead we toughed it out and played a SF as a PF while signing an Aussie big man who's already seen more minutes now than Richards may ever see in a Spurs uniform.
Quote:
February 2012

San Antonio Spurs 2010 second round draft pick Ryan Richards has left his team, the Lugano Tigers for what the team called "personal reasons".

Eurobasket.com Luca Maffioli
Ya that wasnt after SL... He wasnt invited on the team cuz they want him to do more and if anyone thinks they shouldve they dont know... That same "weak" front court won 1st in the west and to the WCF... And for Richards who you think may not see PT in a Spurs uni you dont know that...

Some1 who cant come at you shouldnt be postn when they cant do what they say to others... that makes them a "stupid" BIG P!

Last edited by td4mvp2k; 02-01-13 at 08:21 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-01-13, 09:37 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
Ya that wasnt after SL... He wasnt invited on the team cuz they want him to do more and if anyone thinks they shouldve they dont know... That same "weak" front court won 1st in the west and to the WCF... And for Richards who you think may not see PT in a Spurs uni you dont know that...

Some1 who cant come at you shouldnt be postn when they cant do what they say to others... that makes them a "stupid" BIG P!
just like that statement

we had a roster spot open and we brought in an Aussie from overseas to take minutes over Bonner/Blair instead of Richards who has been in the SL system of the Spurs for a bit.

that weak frontcourt went to the WCF?! you're totally right, we went to the WCF because of Blair and Bonner. please tell more jokes, i love jokes.

if you honestly think we have a strong frontcourt pre-Baynes, then Bonner/Blair should've been getting huge minutes over SJax playing the SF position off the bench.....and the boatload of Summer League invitees don't even make it to the league anyway, so an invite means squat unless he exceeds expectations and the immature kid hasn't come close.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-01-13, 09:57 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
just like that statement

we had a roster spot open and we brought in an Aussie from overseas to take minutes over Bonner/Blair instead of Richards who has been in the SL system of the Spurs for a bit.

that weak frontcourt went to the WCF?! you're totally right, we went to the WCF because of Blair and Bonner. please tell more jokes, i love jokes.

if you honestly think we have a strong frontcourt pre-Baynes, then Bonner/Blair should've been getting huge minutes over SJax playing the SF position off the bench.
Ha! You want to put Richards to Baynes who has more games on him and more PT for the NBA? Thats not what you want to do! Ya you know Im right and the 1 who is telling jokes is you if you think Blair and Bonner werent there for the Spurs!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0