SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Raptors, Grizzlies, Pistons Agree On Rudy Gay Trade (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118530-raptors-grizzlies-pistons-agree-rudy-gay-trade.html)

SPUROFTHAMOMENT 01-30-13 06:34 PM

Raptors, Grizzlies, Pistons Agree On Rudy Gay Trade

Wow! Memphis great trade for Memphis IMO!!!

Raptors Grizzlies Pistons Agree On Rudy Gay Trade - RealGM Wiretap

A deal for the Memphis Grizzlies to send Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors has been agreed upon, according to sources.

The Raptors will send out Jose Calderon and Ed Davis for Gay and Hamed Haddadi.

The Pistons will acquire Calderon, with the Grizzlies receiving Tayshaun Prince and Austin Daye.

The Grizzlies will also receive a second round pick from the Raptors.

Toronto is likely to waive Haddadi following a buyout, reports Ken Berger of CBS Sports.

The Grizzlies will save $5.8 million this season and $26.4 million over three season before factoring in potential luxury tax ramifications.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Sorry if already posted

exit7 01-30-13 07:00 PM

So basically we can put a bow on this regular season and call the spurs the Southwest Division Champs yet again!!!!

SPUROFTHAMOMENT 01-30-13 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit7 (Post 1291306)
So basically we can put a bow on this regular season and call the spurs the Southwest Division Champs yet again!!!!

LoL! Oh... I was already gonna crown us division champs anyway, lol! Tayshaun and Austin Daye aren't bad pick ups tho, lol!

b1gdon 01-30-13 08:59 PM

Great deal long term, but I would have to think it hurts their chances this year. They were borderline top tier, (SA, LAC, OKC, MIA), now they are in the second (NY, GS, Den, etc).

Spurd_On 01-31-13 08:46 AM

I'm not going to guess what it does to their chances this season until March but they just added a lot of long and lanky to their team which might fair well against OKC. Unfortunate for them, they play OKC tonight.

spurduncan21 01-31-13 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1gdon (Post 1291310)
Great deal long term, but I would have to think it hurts their chances this year. They were borderline top tier, (SA, LAC, OKC, MIA), now they are in the second (NY, GS, Den, etc).

I would not put the Knicks with the likes of gs or Denver. The Knicks will challenge the heat for the east but that's a slap in the face to place with those mediocre teams

Spurd_On 01-31-13 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurduncan21 (Post 1291340)
I would not put the Knicks with the likes of gs or Denver. The Knicks will challenge the heat for the east but that's a slap in the face to place with those mediocre teams

Agreed. Just like Miami, they will sleep through the regular season because the majority of their games are against Eastern teams. If healthy, they will be sleeping giants come playoff time.

WILLTHETHRILL 01-31-13 11:43 AM

Horrible trade for the Grizz. They did not recieve any first rounders and gave up a future first rounder last week. Detroit cleared some cap space too but I like theor move more. Toronto got a very good player but they are stocked at the wing spots.

Orient Express 01-31-13 02:00 PM

They weren't going to contend for the title anyway. This was a chance to basically "sell high" on Rudy Gay's stock. He's not good value and now that Hollinger has input there, you know it's all about value.

b1gdon 01-31-13 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1291344)
Agreed. Just like Miami, they will sleep through the regular season because the majority of their games are against Eastern teams. If healthy, they will be sleeping giants come playoff time.

I just can't respect a team in the East as top tier if they are not tearing through that weak conference. Miami has an excuse with the championship hangover. Denver had a horrible early schedule with a bunch of tough teams and a ton of road games. They have been tearing it up at home.

Rzarector7 01-31-13 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orient Express (Post 1291362)
They weren't going to contend for the title anyway. T.

I agree with that.