News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-28-13, 04:32 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Pop likley to coach West All Stars

The Spurs contingent at the All-Star Game in Houston on Feb. 17 might grow by week’s end.

The “magic number” that will put coach Gregg Popovich on the Western Conference bench along with forward Tim Duncan and point guard Tony Parker was one as of Sunday.

Scott Brooks, coach of the Oklahoma City Thunder, is ineligible to return as head coach for a second consecutive All-Star Game. That means only Popovich and Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro remain in the running to coach the West at the Toyota Center.

The coach of the team with the best record in each conference is accorded the All-Star coaching honor, with the provision a coach can’t repeat from one year to the next. Deadline for determining the coaches is Feb. 3, with records measured at the end of play that day.

Little more than a week ago, Del Negro seemed certain to coach the West, but his team went into a Sunday night home game against Portland having lost four consecutive games.

Popovich’s Spurs, meanwhile, have won eight straight. Their last three victories have come without Duncan (left knee injury) and, ironically, Popovich (illness) himself.

More... Spurs Nation
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-28-13, 07:27 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

If he weren't such a competitor, I could see Pop throwing a couple of games so he wouldn't have to go to All-Star weekend.
Old 01-28-13, 09:42 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Pop is voting for Vinnie!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-28-13, 10:40 AM
SR 2010 Western Conference Champion

What happens in case Pop gets ill for the All-Star weekend?
Old 01-28-13, 02:08 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Pop should like to coach the ASG because we have Timmy and TP there and Pop could manage their minutes so they don't over play our guys!!

Mr. pjm: I believe if Pop is still sick, they will have to call the next coach in the standing of the NBA who is most likely Coach Del Negro if I recall correctly!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 01-28-13, 06:50 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

I love it - Pop should go and the commish will be there and the media will for sure raise the issue of the Miami game.
Old 01-28-13, 07:00 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD View Post
I love it - Pop should go and the commish will be there and the media will for sure raise the issue of the Miami game.
Or....

Pop accepts, and then hops on a Southwest flight with Timmy and Tony Sunday.

If I were him, I'd take flight 1500, since it is direct. Wanna Get Away? It's only $144 per as of today.

Imagine the fine... awesome.
Old 01-28-13, 07:02 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

I hope, as a joke, he sends in the second string when the game starts...bwaaaaaaaahahhahahaha

Old 01-29-13, 12:34 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

I am sure he is just thrilled!!!!! I can see the excitement on his face if he is named coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.