News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-27-13, 02:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Rondo Out For Year!

Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo will have surgery to repair a torn ACL he suffered when he hyperextended his right knee Friday and will miss the rest of the season, the team said Sunday.

A date for the procedure has yet to be determined, and it was uncertain what Rondo's expected recovery time would be.

Rondo, averaging 13.7 points, 11.1 assists, and 5.6 rebounds per game in 38 appearances this season, was a late scratch for Sunday's showdown with the Miami Heat, two days after a loss to the Atlanta Hawks in which he suffered the injury.

Chris Forsberg/ESPN
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-27-13, 03:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Celtics will be signing a Dleague PG or trade for one in order to keep playoff hopes alive. Who's got a surplus at guard spot? That said J.Green should be the only guy the Spurs should target, if their is any interest. Or they make J.Terry play PG.

Last edited by stuffedmushroomz; 01-27-13 at 03:06 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-27-13, 03:31 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Send 'em Joseph or Patty for an unprotected first round pick...
Old 01-27-13, 08:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The only bad part about this news is that Rondo will probably recover.
Old 01-28-13, 01:00 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Looks like the only hope left in the East for the Heat not to repeat are the Knicks... Which means the Heat will probably repeat in the East.

Then they will run into the SPURS BUZZSAW!

Old 01-28-13, 01:04 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
The only bad part about this news is that Rondo will probably recover.
Why is that bad news?????????
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 01-28-13, 04:09 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Boston Celtics forward Paul Pierce walked over to ABC's Doris Burke for a postgame interview fresh off a triple-double performance in a double-overtime win Sunday against the defending champion Miami Heat. Any smiles quickly evaporated. Burke was the first to tell Pierce the bad news: All-Star Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo likely is out for the season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

"Oh my god," Pierce said, interrupting Burke after she mentioned the injury. His face coiled into a grimace, as though he had been punched in the gut. "We've just got to rally around each other," said Pierce, who had 17 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists in the 100-98 victory. "I feel for him. He was having such a great season, making the All-Star team. It's disappointing news. Guys just have to step up."

Paul Pierce hears about Rajon Rondo injury from reporter
Old 01-28-13, 09:13 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
Why is that bad news?????????
'Cause I can't stand Rondo.
Old 02-01-13, 07:16 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Sullinger Out For Yr!

Boston Celtics first-round draft choice Jared Sullinger had back surgery on Friday and will miss the rest of the season.

The team said Sullinger underwent successful lumbar disc surgery. He is expected to be ready in time for next season's training camp.

Sullinger had been tabbed as a lottery pick before health concerns dropped him to 21st overall in the draft. He appeared in 45 games, averaging six points and 5.9 rebounds in 19.8 minutes per game.

The announcement comes five days after All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo was diagnosed with a torn ACL that will keep him out for the rest of the season.

NBA.com
Old 02-01-13, 08:35 PM
SR Team Goof

Almost like a domino effect. Who's next to go down for Boston? I wonder if they'd talk trade for Melo?
Old 02-01-13, 08:37 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Who will be 1st to go KG or PP?
Old 02-01-13, 10:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I wonder if they'd talk trade for Melo?