News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-13, 06:31 PM
SR Team Goof

Chris Bosh says he’s a lock for the Hall of Fame -- what do you think??

Brett Pollakoff
Jan 26, 2013, 6:30 PM EST

Miami Heat center Chris Bosh was selected to the All-Star team as a reserve by the coaches, marking the eighth time he’s received the honor in his 10 NBA seasons.

That, along with the championship ring he earned a season ago might mean he’s already assured himself a spot in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Bosh believes so, anyway. And actually, the numbers are on his side.

From Chris Tomasson of FOX Sports Florida:
Hell, yeah, of course. I’ve been a Hall of Famer like four years ago,” the Miami Heat center told FOX Sports Florida after Friday’s 110-88 win over Detroit. “And I say that very serious, though. I’ve talked about it before with my friends.”

The only eligible player in history with eight or more NBA All-Star selections who is not in the Hall is eight-time pick Larry Foust, a center who averaged 13.7 points and 9.8 rebounds from 1950-62.

“He’s on the right path,” said Heat guard Dwyane Wade. “To be in a position where he has a lot of years left, he has a championship under his belt. If we can continue to get more and he can continue to be productive, no question about it.”
It’s rare to hear players still in their prime be so brash about their legacy like this, but Bosh is an intelligent guy who likely knows his place in the game.

It’s also worth noting that most players aren’t asked about their Hall of Fame chances this way, and with good reason. Checking in with the obvious choices — i.e., every active player with more than eight career All-Star appearances — wouldn’t make sense, as all of the names on that list are no-brainer selections.

Where it starts to get interesting is when you take a look at the only other active player with eight All-Star appearances, and that’s Vince Carter. Should he be feeling as confident as Bosh is about his own Hall of Fame chances?

Related link: Heat fan hits half-court shot to win $75K, gets tackled by LeBron James (VIDEO) | ProBasketballTalk
Old 01-26-13, 06:46 PM
Herman Cain of the board

please drug test him
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-26-13, 07:03 PM
SpursReport Team Member

If he didnt have a ring I would go no to this season.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-26-13, 07:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Bosh being an All Star is more a reflection of the lack of good bigs in the East. This is not to say that Bosh lacks talent. There are plenty of gus with better career numbers not in the Hall....guys like terry cummings, benard King, tom chambers to name a few. Chris webber will not be in the Hall IMO
Old 01-26-13, 10:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

F###ing crackhead
Old 01-26-13, 10:08 PM

i can imagine his face when he doesn't make it:

Old 01-26-13, 11:17 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Maybe he was talking about getting a job there...

Old 01-26-13, 11:53 PM
SR Team Goof

You know if Bosh hadn’t brought the topic up, I never would have thought of him as a possibility. And as I think about it now, I wish I hadn’t thought of it.
Old 01-27-13, 12:17 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

LOL at this clown. He is on an overhyped team from the MEDIA so it appears that has gotten ahold of his brain. LOL HOF'er 4 years ago hahahaha, he is not better than Webber was by any means (Who might make it IMO), no way he is a lock now.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 01-27-13, 09:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

If he wins another championship, he is a lock. Had he stayed in Toronto. . . . . maybe not. Without a second championship. . . . . . probably still going to make it to the HOF.

Sad but true.
Old 01-28-13, 09:44 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
If he wins another championship, he is a lock.
Then Bruce Bowen must be a lock
Old 01-28-13, 10:28 AM
The Master Baiter

His numbers took a nosedive when he went to Miami. He knows that and seems to be trying to justify his going to Miami and being the third best player on a team when he could have averaged a 20 and 10 in Toronto and definitely been a lock.
Old 01-28-13, 12:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
His numbers took a nosedive when he went to Miami. He knows that and seems to be trying to justify his going to Miami and being the third best player on a team when he could have averaged a 20 and 10 in Toronto and definitely been a lock.
If the Heat win two more, you could no more keep him out than Parker or Ginobili.
Old 01-28-13, 01:40 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
If the Heat win two more, you could no more keep him out than Parker or Ginobili.
IMHO, Parker isn't close to being a lock (even though the Spurs would be lost without him these days), and the only reason Manu may be is because his international credentials are as impressive as his NBA career.
Old 01-28-13, 02:31 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
IMHO, Parker isn't close to being a lock (even though the Spurs would be lost without him these days), and the only reason Manu may be is because his international credentials are as impressive as his NBA career.
Agreed. Parker, by the time he's done, will have some gaudy total numbers. I don't think he's a first ballot kind of guy though. But he'll get in at some point. Manu will too, but mostly on his total resume, because his NBA stats are quite ordinary.
Old 01-28-13, 04:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i can imagine his face when he doesn't make it:

Its probably been said but if there is a movie about his lackluster career the title role should go to Dave Schapelle
Old 01-28-13, 05:00 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Chris Bosh thinks....

...I stopped reading right there.

Old 01-28-13, 06:41 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Old 01-28-13, 07:41 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

If Bosh retires today I don't think he gets in.
Old 01-28-13, 08:47 PM
SpursReport Team Member

the heat could win two more rings and I dont think he is in.
Old 01-28-13, 11:47 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Finals MVP, starting PG on two other championship teams, plus being the best player the team with the best record for 3 straight years (yeah I'm calling it this year) = HOF Lock to me.
Old 01-29-13, 12:21 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Finals MVP, starting PG on two other championship teams, plus being the best player the team with the best record for 3 straight years (yeah I'm calling it this year) = HOF Lock to me.
Old 01-29-13, 08:52 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Legged Dog View Post
Then Bruce Bowen must be a lock
It isn't only the championships that would make him a lock, he also has put up pretty good numbers.

If it were me, I wouldn't like to see players that do what Bowen did get some credit in the HOF. But it will never happen.
Old 01-29-13, 11:54 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
It isn't only the championships that would make him a lock, he also has put up pretty good numbers.

If it were me, I wouldn't like to see players that do what Bowen did get some credit in the HOF. But it will never happen.
Dennis Rodman
Old 01-29-13, 12:53 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
You may be right, but I'm skeptical if for no other reason that TP tends to be an (unjustifiable, we can agree) afterthought when the discussion arises of elite PGs in the league right now.
Old 01-29-13, 01:11 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
You may be right, but I'm skeptical if for no other reason that TP tends to be an (unjustifiable, we can agree) afterthought when the discussion arises of elite PGs in the league right now.
Fortunately, the hype machine schmucks at BSPN aren't the ones who decide who gets into the HOF; although, with the entrance of Reggie Miller, it seems they do have some influence. Real basketball people choose who goes which makes me confident Parker and Manu get in with no problems. But I do understand your concern.
Old 01-29-13, 01:15 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

[email protected]