News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
  #1  
Old 01-26-13, 06:25 PM
tmengd's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 176
List Of 2103 Free Agents who you want?

So with Jax/Blair/Ginobili all of the books after the year who do want? There are a ton on intriguing names with Gay, Howard, Al Jefferson,Millsap, Josh Smith, Monta Ellis and Iguodala to name a few (Plus Chris Paul).

The Question is what do you do with Ginobili. Does loyalty come before going hard after a Monta Ellis type who could replace his scoring for the next 6 years. Or perhaps a Josh Smith who is still young and could combine with Splitter once Timmy retires.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents

Last edited by tmengd; 01-26-13 at 06:32 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-26-13, 06:34 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Manu will be on the team and Millsap could be a player Spurs could go for but the others they wont.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-26-13, 06:44 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,904

You have to start with Dwight Howard. That's a no brainer in my view. I would like Paul Millsap also because he would fit the scheme here perfectly. This one might surprise some but Tony Allen. This guy hustles and gets steals like crazy. Imagine him and Kawhi patrolling the perimeter? Manu and SJax would be my next priority but both would have to take huge paycuts either way Pop & RC go FA wise. Those three would be my realistic free agent targets. Millsap and Allen make a lot sense too due to the fact Utah is big man loaded and Memphis is cutting pennies right now and will have to do the same next year too. Howard is a long shot but the Spurs will have the funds to lure him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-26-13, 07:16 PM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,661

I don't see anyone on the list I would want except for maybe Josh Smith.

Why would we want Milsap? Is he going to play better than Splitter? I don't think so. What would we do with Manta Ellis? He doesn't play D and shoots when he shouldn't. He woudln't be an improvement over Danny Green.

I would like Tony Allen, but not over who we have now. . . . . You have to think about who has to go to make the free agent fit on the roster.
__________________
I am never coming back to SpursReport because Will The Thrill is a horses ass.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-26-13, 08:32 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,904

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
I don't see anyone on the list I would want except for maybe Josh Smith.

Why would we want Milsap? Is he going to play better than Splitter? I don't think so. What would we do with Manta Ellis? He doesn't play D and shoots when he shouldn't. He woudln't be an improvement over Danny Green.

I would like Tony Allen, but not over who we have now. . . . . You have to think about who has to go to make the free agent fit on the roster.
Josh Smith wants max money. He is not a max guy in my vew. Millsap is not a center so why compare him to Splitter? Splitter is a FA FYI. Splitter is better than Millsap?? Dream on brother. Ellis was not on my list. So no comment on that. I think Tony Allen would be a huge improvement on Danny Green. As far as roster space. If Allen is signed.....move Green.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-26-13, 10:29 PM
Spurd_On's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: the next beam
Posts: 4,697

The Spurs will stand pat and Pop sticks with what he has and none of these free agents come to the Spurs. That's my prediction. Maybe a small change to younger but nothing dramatic.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-26-13, 11:34 PM
buttsR4rebounding's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,967

We just signed our FA for the summer--Aron Baynes. The Spurs will have to pay probably around $8 million/year to keep Splitter. I think Ginobli signs for something in the $6-$7 million a year range for 2 years. Jackson is re-signed for 2 years for around $3 million per. If Gary Neal can be signed for similar money to SJax he stays. If someone offers him anything near the MLE he is gone. If Blair doesn't get moved by the trade deadline he is gone. The only area I see that the Spurs might be able to pick up a significant piece is with Bonner. His contract will be very nice as a chip during the off-season. However, Bonner plays a valuable roll on this team. He may fade in the playoffs, but has a place in the regular season. Pop obviously likes him so it would not surprise me if Bonner was the 4/5th big next year.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-27-13, 01:07 AM
alh1020's Avatar
SR Team Goof
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Right here
Posts: 5,106

Of the Spurs reflected on this list, the only two I don’t see returning are Jackson and Blair (if there are no trades before the deadline). Jackson could be back if he’ll resign for much less than his present $10 mil salary. With the signing of Baynes, Blair is expendable and will probably be traded before the deadline, probably for a 2nd round pick. The Spurs will resign Manu to a 2-3 year deal for much less than he’s receiving now.

There are some intriguing players on this list, many of whom the Spurs cannot afford. Josh Smith’s name has been mentioned but I agree with Will that Smith sees himself as a ‘max’ player and is looking for a big payday. Someone else looking for a big payday is Paul Milsap and I think Utah will accommodate him. I think Al Jefferson can be had but he’ll have to come down on his salary demands if he wants to play with his idol, Tim Duncan. If you can believe the praise that Chris Kaman has been saying of late about the Spurs organization, you might think it’s a subtle hint or his verbal acknowledgement that he’d very much like to come to SA. Again, salary has to be lower than he’s receiving now. Of those remaining on the free agent list, if we have any unfilled roster slots available either by any unsignings or through trades, any one of the following might be had if salaries can be negotiated for the cheapest possible: Earl Clark (LAL), Martell Webster (Wash/42% 3pt FGP), Ronnie Brewer (NY), JJ Hickson (Portland) and Kyle Korver (Atlanta/47% 3ptFGP). Lastly, Tony Allen’s name has been mentioned above and I also like him as a perimeter defensive player but only if the Spurs cannot resign Jackson.

I feel if the Spurs are not active in making any trades before the Feb deadline, they will be this summer. It’s going to be very interesting. IMHO.
__________________
Theres a band called 1023MB. They havent had any gigs yet.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-27-13, 06:24 AM
SilverSpur's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 6,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
You have to start with Dwight Howard. That's a no brainer in my view. I would like Paul Millsap also because he would fit the scheme here perfectly. This one might surprise some but Tony Allen. This guy hustles and gets steals like crazy. Imagine him and Kawhi patrolling the perimeter? Manu and SJax would be my next priority but both would have to take huge paycuts either way Pop & RC go FA wise. Those three would be my realistic free agent targets. Millsap and Allen make a lot sense too due to the fact Utah is big man loaded and Memphis is cutting pennies right now and will have to do the same next year too. Howard is a long shot but the Spurs will have the funds to lure him.

Me likes how you're thinking!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-27-13, 08:32 PM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Josh Smith wants max money. He is not a max guy in my vew. Millsap is not a center so why compare him to Splitter? Splitter is a FA FYI. Splitter is better than Millsap?? Dream on brother. Ellis was not on my list. So no comment on that. I think Tony Allen would be a huge improvement on Danny Green. As far as roster space. If Allen is signed.....move Green.
Well, I certainly don't want Smith for anywhere near the max, but he is the only player I would remotely be interested (however unlikely).

The reason I compare Millsap to Splitter is Milsap is going to sign somewhere as a starter. The only way he starts on this team is if Splitter sits because there is no way Duncan comes of the bench.

With Diaw and Baynes, we aren't signing a Big.

I bet we don't sign anyone except some obscure small forward to replace Jax.

AND YES, Splitter is better than Milsap in our system. We aren't going to sign milsap and then all of the sudden start playing 4 down again.
__________________
I am never coming back to SpursReport because Will The Thrill is a horses ass.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-27-13, 10:11 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

If they can get Blair and Bonner out Millsap would be good if he gets no more then what he gets now $.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-28-13, 12:32 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,904

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Well, I certainly don't want Smith for anywhere near the max, but he is the only player I would remotely be interested (however unlikely).

The reason I compare Millsap to Splitter is Milsap is going to sign somewhere as a starter. The only way he starts on this team is if Splitter sits because there is no way Duncan comes of the bench.

With Diaw and Baynes, we aren't signing a Big.

I bet we don't sign anyone except some obscure small forward to replace Jax.

AND YES, Splitter is better than Milsap in our system. We aren't going to sign milsap and then all of the sudden start playing 4 down again.
My points across the board:

Josh Smith himself said he wanted max money period.

How is Splitter a lock to come back to SA? He is a FA.

Diaw could be traded I'm sure for the right price. He is not untouchable. Baynes is not going to contribute for a while. Splitter might bolt or might command too much money. Bonner can be moved out for a $1 million bucks on a team buyout clause or trade. Blair is a FA. So they are not signing another big this summer? You sure?

So they will have all this cap money and only sign a backup small forward?? I doubt the Spurs want to do a staus quo with only re-signing their guys. They will make a splash this summer. The have some ammo unlike years past. The cap strangled a lot of stuff they wanted to do I'm sure. They did they best they could with what they had. They won't have that issue this summer.

On the Millsap part strongly disagree with you. Millsap can be that coveted stretch four that they have missed since Robert Horry only as a starter. Duncan can prolong his career as a center and not have to chase these newer faster athletic power forwards out there. KG has played more center now than ever. I hate the guy but he is an all star starter this year. Millsap would start here. You can do four or five down all day with Tim. Has it ever mattered who played along side him? Millsap is the ONLY 3 time NCAA rebound leader. So rebounding he can do well. Scored 46 points in an NBA game once. He is good for a block a game. Steals the ball pretty well. Has 3 point range and shoots 50% or better normally. The guy can pass the ball well too. As far as FA fits........he is the one of the best ones that can be had. Like him or not. He fits in SA!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-28-13, 01:09 AM
tuncaboylu's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Turkiye
Posts: 727

If we resign with Manu (9 mill per year) + Splitter (7.5 mill per year) and S-Jax(5.5 mil per year), we won't have any cap space.
__________________
CHAMPIONS SPURS - MVP DUNCAN
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-28-13, 08:53 AM
JuanCaca's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,652

youre right tuncabuylu SA for shure needs to sign splitter around that price or watch him go... and i love manu but is kindda injury prone and inconsistent, realistic price for him is btwen 5 - 7.5 mill/year, horrible contract if spurs give him 9mill a year, just check timmys contract/production...
sjax is right now a bit slow to be SF, and light, short to be PF, and noticed he is not efficently creating fo him anymore, so better if he sign something around 4 - 5 mill/year ...

if aging core realizes they need to sacrifice a little to get young talent, and SA manage to sign those 2 for the cheap and splitter, still didnt see that much cap space to sign another star... only above average talent
__________________
Im honored to be on this team right now because hes going to be great for years to come, and Im going to hold on as long as I can. -Tim Duncan on Kawhi Leonard.

Last edited by JuanCaca; 01-28-13 at 08:56 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-28-13, 09:00 AM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
My points across the board:

Josh Smith himself said he wanted max money period.

How is Splitter a lock to come back to SA? He is a FA.

Diaw could be traded I'm sure for the right price. He is not untouchable. Baynes is not going to contribute for a while. Splitter might bolt or might command too much money. Bonner can be moved out for a $1 million bucks on a team buyout clause or trade. Blair is a FA. So they are not signing another big this summer? You sure?

So they will have all this cap money and only sign a backup small forward?? I doubt the Spurs want to do a staus quo with only re-signing their guys. They will make a splash this summer. The have some ammo unlike years past. The cap strangled a lot of stuff they wanted to do I'm sure. They did they best they could with what they had. They won't have that issue this summer.

On the Millsap part strongly disagree with you. Millsap can be that coveted stretch four that they have missed since Robert Horry only as a starter. Duncan can prolong his career as a center and not have to chase these newer faster athletic power forwards out there. KG has played more center now than ever. I hate the guy but he is an all star starter this year. Millsap would start here. You can do four or five down all day with Tim. Has it ever mattered who played along side him? Millsap is the ONLY 3 time NCAA rebound leader. So rebounding he can do well. Scored 46 points in an NBA game once. He is good for a block a game. Steals the ball pretty well. Has 3 point range and shoots 50% or better normally. The guy can pass the ball well too. As far as FA fits........he is the one of the best ones that can be had. Like him or not. He fits in SA!
So this is why I don't usually like to make my "logical" arguments with you . . . . . it is mostly opinion. But I will do it this one time.

1st, You must not know anything about the history of the Spurs. The idea that we are going to make some big splash in free agency is ridiculous. It has never happened, and it will never happen. We don't do that. We WILL end up re-signing most/all of our guys. We WILL pay Splitter a lot of money, but not more than he deserves. And we will not go after some high priced free agent. That is just history.

2nd. Milsap a STRETCH 4. What a joke. You must not realize that the "Stretch" part involves making 3 point shots like Robert Horry, Matt Bonner, and Boris Diaw. Milsap has made 30 three pointers in his entire 7 year career. And he shoots an awesome 29% from there. Milsap is not a stretch 4. He has a decent mid-range shot, but that doesn't make him a stretch 4. Notice the MID part of mid-range shot. MID does not equal STRETCH.

In fact, Milsap's per 40 this year (20.53) is almost exactly the same as Tiago's (20.36). In addition, their rebound rate is identical (10.1). One big glaring difference between the two is Tiago know's how to Pick and Roll, and Milsap doesn't. Why on earth would we not re-sign Tiago to sign Milsap, or put Tiago on the Bench and Start Milsap? I know. . . . . WE WOULDN'T. Tiago will get paid less than Milsap (who will be overrated and overpaid by some desperate team).

Right now, The only thing milsap does better than Tiago is score, but it takes him 30 minutes per game to do it. Splitter does his work in only 27 minutes, and Splitter does a lot better job handling Big Men than Milsap does.

So if you want to figure out some way to bet. I will bet $1000 that the Spurs re-sign Splitter, Play Baynes a lot next season, and only sign a SF/PF type (not a PF/C type) to replace Jackson and/or Blair.

Put your money where your mouth (or should I say keyboard) is Brother.
__________________
I am never coming back to SpursReport because Will The Thrill is a horses ass.

Last edited by choppsboy; 01-28-13 at 09:04 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-28-13, 09:07 AM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaboylu View Post
If we resign with Manu (9 mill per year) + Splitter (7.5 mill per year) and S-Jax(5.5 mil per year), we won't have any cap space.
I agree with allof this except the 5.5 for S-Jax. It seems like there might be some young talent we could find for less money to fill his role.

Maybe if it is a 1 or 2 year deal, but Jax is looking really slow to me. It will be interesting to see how much Jax wants.
__________________
I am never coming back to SpursReport because Will The Thrill is a horses ass.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-28-13, 11:08 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,904

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaboylu View Post
If we resign with Manu (9 mill per year) + Splitter (7.5 mill per year) and S-Jax(5.5 mil per year), we won't have any cap space.
Manu at 9 million per? no way! no way! Sjax would have to take much less than that too. Splitter i could see getting that figure but the other two no way. Too much
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-28-13, 11:29 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,904

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
So this is why I don't usually like to make my "logical" arguments with you . . . . . it is mostly opinion. But I will do it this one time.

1st, You must not know anything about the history of the Spurs. The idea that we are going to make some big splash in free agency is ridiculous. It has never happened, and it will never happen. We don't do that. We WILL end up re-signing most/all of our guys. We WILL pay Splitter a lot of money, but not more than he deserves. And we will not go after some high priced free agent. That is just history.

2nd. Milsap a STRETCH 4. What a joke. You must not realize that the "Stretch" part involves making 3 point shots like Robert Horry, Matt Bonner, and Boris Diaw. Milsap has made 30 three pointers in his entire 7 year career. And he shoots an awesome 29% from there. Milsap is not a stretch 4. He has a decent mid-range shot, but that doesn't make him a stretch 4. Notice the MID part of mid-range shot. MID does not equal STRETCH.

In fact, Milsap's per 40 this year (20.53) is almost exactly the same as Tiago's (20.36). In addition, their rebound rate is identical (10.1). One big glaring difference between the two is Tiago know's how to Pick and Roll, and Milsap doesn't. Why on earth would we not re-sign Tiago to sign Milsap, or put Tiago on the Bench and Start Milsap? I know. . . . . WE WOULDN'T. Tiago will get paid less than Milsap (who will be overrated and overpaid by some desperate team).

Right now, The only thing milsap does better than Tiago is score, but it takes him 30 minutes per game to do it. Splitter does his work in only 27 minutes, and Splitter does a lot better job handling Big Men than Milsap does.

So if you want to figure out some way to bet. I will bet $1000 that the Spurs re-sign Splitter, Play Baynes a lot next season, and only sign a SF/PF type (not a PF/C type) to replace Jackson and/or Blair.

Put your money where your mouth (or should I say keyboard) is Brother.

Logical? Let's see you wanted to give TP 15 million a year for five years when he got 12.5 million per instead. Very logical. You always seem to want to overpay and or trade Spurs players with high dollar figures and over blown trade values. So you are the biggest cap killer on this board. Bar none!

The Spurs have gone after big free agents. Jermaine O'Neal. Jason Kidd. Chris Webber. Yeah they didn't get them. Biggest one they got was Derek Anderson. Just because they don't get them doesn't mean it won't ever happen. They have tried in the past. I'm not saying Splitter will not get paid. Just saying it's not a lock he comes back. You make it seem I hate the guy and don't want him back. Never said that.

As far as Millsap's range. Ok not a 3 point machine but is Diaw that much better? I said he had the range. RANGE. RANGE. The guy isn't that super old and with coaching on the shooting part with Coach Chip he could develop a deeper shot. Remember Rip Hamilton could not hit a 3 pointer for years in the NBA? He now shoots a decent clip on there and is much older than Millsap. Player development is something the Spurs do well.

Again Tiago Splitter is a good player. Never said he wasn't. I have defended the guy on here since he got here. The only thing I said was he was not Scola Part 2 talent wise. I like stats but to say Millsap would suck stat wise with TP, Manu and TD is not a given. I'm sure he would put up numbers. Yes an opinion. Not something impossible. Also remember Utah is overloaded with bigs. That will drown out alot of bigs' stats.

Ok your opinion is to re-sign Splitter and do that other stuff but it's as good as gold if you type it. But if I have an opinion like trade RJ for SJax it's a stupid idea? Even though the Spurs actually did that trade lol. If I recall you implied SJax would ruin the team to include disrupt team chemistry? Another one of your educated opinions that was wrong. Again. Again. WRONG! Baynes playing a lot next year? Wow just send the $1000 bucks right now.

Last edited by WILLTHETHRILL; 01-28-13 at 11:32 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-28-13, 06:56 PM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Logical? Let's see you wanted to give TP 15 million a year for five years when he got 12.5 million per instead. Very logical. You always seem to want to overpay and or trade Spurs players with high dollar figures and over blown trade values. I have never proposed we spend a bunch of money on a free agent. So you are the biggest cap killer on this board. Bar none!

The Spurs have gone after big free agents. Jermaine O'Neal. Jason Kidd. Chris Webber. Yeah they didn't get them. My point exactly Biggest one they got was Derek Anderson. Just because they don't get them doesn't mean it won't ever happen. They have tried in the past. I'm not saying Splitter will not get paid. Just saying it's not a lock he comes back. You make it seem I hate the guy and don't want him back. Your imagination because I never said that Never said that.

As far as Millsap's range. Ok not a 3 point machine but is Diaw that much better? I said he had the range. RANGE. RANGE. You need to be a 3 point shooter to stretch the floor moronThe guy isn't that super old and with coaching on the shooting part with Coach Chip he could develop a deeper shot. Why spend a bunch of time coaching a guy to be something he isn't. Especially when we have Splitter already Remember Rip Hamilton could not hit a 3 pointer for years in the NBA? He now shoots a decent clip on there and is much older than Millsap. Player development is something the Spurs do well.

Again Tiago Splitter is a good player. Never said he wasn't. But you are saying that Milsap is much better. . . . Where is your proof? OH, you have none. only idiot talk like in this post. I have defended the guy on here since he got here. The only thing I said was he was not Scola Part 2 talent wise. I like stats but to say Millsap would suck stat wise . . another quote you pull out of your imagination with TP, Manu and TD is not a given. I'm sure he would put up numbers. Yes an opinion. Not something impossible. Also remember Utah is overloaded with bigs. That will drown out alot of bigs' stats.

Ok your opinion is to re-sign Splitter and do that other stuff but it's as good as gold if you type it. But if I have an opinion like trade RJ for SJax it's a stupid idea? Even though the Spurs actually did that trade lol. If I recall you implied SJax would ruin the team to include disrupt team chemistry? Again, your recollection is pathetic as I never implied this.Another one of your educated opinions that was wrong. Again. Again. WRONG! Baynes playing a lot next year? Wow just send the $1000 bucks right now.
Will,

Arguing with you is pointless. You put more words in my mouth than I could possibly say on my own.

Bolded are the things that I never said, my rebuttals, or you never said (like RANGE RANGE) You said STRETCH STRETCH. At least read your old posts before making idiotic rebuttals.

I am done arguing with you because you are too stupid.
__________________
I am never coming back to SpursReport because Will The Thrill is a horses ass.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-28-13, 06:58 PM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,661

AND STOP GIVING HERMAN CAIN A BAD NAME!
__________________
I am never coming back to SpursReport because Will The Thrill is a horses ass.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-28-13, 07:04 PM
katyspursfan's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,660

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
AND STOP GIVING HERMAN CAIN A BAD NAME!
It's what he does.

Try telling water to not be wet. Or Will to not be.. well.. off the ignore list.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-28-13, 08:33 PM
MRJONESIII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,316

One thing I know for sure.... All trades and free agent signings discussed, all hypothetical. None of us knows anything. Spurs just do things out of the blue. We all want and wish these guys to our team and nothing ever transpires. But Milsap is a beast compared to Diaw and Tiago. He definitely shoots better than Tiago, but shorter. He's not a hesitant shooter like Diaw. Probably rebounds better than both and can either roll or pop. Not to mention post up with some conviction. I would compare him to a young Elton Brand with more range. But more of a hybrid 4 who can play the 3. Give me Milsap and Tony Allen and Tiago if possible! We would be damn though!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-28-13, 11:40 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,904

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
It's what he does.

Try telling water to not be wet. Or Will to not be.. well.. off the ignore list.
Again Jeremy Lin says FU to you.......lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-29-13, 12:42 AM
b1gdon's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 742

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Will,

Arguing with you is pointless. You put more words in my mouth than I could possibly say on my own.

Bolded are the things that I never said, my rebuttals, or you never said (like RANGE RANGE) You said STRETCH STRETCH. At least read your old posts before making idiotic rebuttals.

I am done arguing with you because you are too stupid.
Actually, Milsap is develping a pretty nice 3 point shot and I don't think it is too far fetched to say that he could be a stretch 4 for SA. You know, Basketballreference has a shot chart for every NBA player going back 00-01. Look under the shooting tab of the player page.

Milsap has a real pretty shot chart, especially for a potential Spurs post starter. He doesn't shoot a ton of threes, but of the ones he has...30 this season, he's shooting 40% and even better, 6 of 9 from the corners. He loves to shoot jumpers from the right side, especially along the baseline. That pairs up real nicely with Timmy who loves to shoot on the left side and the top of the key.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-29-13, 01:02 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,904

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Will,

Arguing with you is pointless. You put more words in my mouth than I could possibly say on my own.

Bolded are the things that I never said, my rebuttals, or you never said (like RANGE RANGE) You said STRETCH STRETCH. At least read your old posts before making idiotic rebuttals.

I am done arguing with you because you are too stupid.

Thanks for butchering my statement and throwing sh*t all over it like a first grader. So my turn to take one on you.

Choppsboy's posts followed by my replies in bold:

this is a trade that I actually like, but I want to challenge your assumptions about RJ.
What exactly are RJ's strong points? This isn't the same athletic young guy who can jump out of the gym to catch a passing point guards lob. Right now, the best offense for RJ is the Spurs offense. He can't drive anymore, he doesn't jump high anymore, he isn't particularly fast. I contend that all he can do now, for any team, is shoot threes and be invisible in all other respects. If the Spurs happen to release him (or trade him) he is going to we a worthless piece of crap no matter what team he plays for.

Of course, I am putting words in your mouth because you didn't explain why Adleman's offense, and Rubio are a perfect fit for RJ.

Him responding above to my trade idea. My stupid idiot trades so he has said in the past........lol But he likes to agree with so called morons and idiots on their trades.....lol

It is time to realize that Tim Duncan is done. He is not getting the job done at all. Every time Splitter and the 2nd unit comes into the game, things start turning around.

I love Duncan, but his time is OVER!

Plus minus is not the most reliable stat, but when Duncan plays 25 minutes, and his team goes down by 15 points while Splitter plays 25 minutes and during that time the team goes up by 14 points it is hart to argue against the fact that Splitter is more effective than Duncan.

Not to mention the fact that you can see it in the games. Duncan is slow. . . . . real slow. He isn't active at all. He has no more post up game at all. All he has left is a jump shot.

Thomson and Cousins dominated Duncan, but they didn't Dominate Splitter.

Another stupid post from Choppsnut. Isn't Tim an All-Star this year?

On a side note, Tim Duncan was the only player on the team with a negative +/-. The stat reflects the last 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter right after Splitter went to the bench replaced by Duncan. Duncan proceeded to play good defense, but lost the ball 3 times in the post and missed a jump shot.

Start Splitter and bench Duncan if you can't play them together. Stop giving TD the ball in the post.

Bench Duncan? Stop giving Duncan the ball? SAY NO TO DRUGS PEOPLE!


If it were a choice between Blair and Jefferson, I would keep Jefferson.

Wow! This guy is straight up crazy! And stupid basketball wise. And an idiot all wrapped into one pile of elephant feces and blue whale vomit!

I expect this to be the playoffs where Matt Bonner has that one game that makes his career with the Spurs.

A La Steve Kerr against the Mavericks.

Another bird brain post. Does it ever end? He made this statement last season before the playoffs. Was he dropped on his head as a child in his parent's trailer home???

James Anderson is on the team because he is on a 1st round rookie contract.
He can't be waived.



I think you can release players in the NBA right?lol

Erzem Lorbek is our best center option out there.


He has this weird man crush on this guy. He might be good and he might not be good. I think he just likes tall white dudes from different countries. I'm sure the knee pads are not far behind. Look out Erzem! RUN!


WANT MORE?????????????:applause
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-29-13, 05:52 AM
TimmyDthaWay2B's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Springdale
Posts: 3,892

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
I don't see anyone on the list I would want except for maybe Josh Smith.

Why would we want Milsap? Is he going to play better than Splitter? I don't think so. What would we do with Manta Ellis? He doesn't play D and shoots when he shouldn't. He woudln't be an improvement over Danny Green.

I would like Tony Allen, but not over who we have now. . . . . You have to think about who has to go to make the free agent fit on the roster.

Doesnt take much to be an improvement over danny green.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-29-13, 08:49 AM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Thanks for butchering my statement and throwing sh*t all over it like a first grader. So my turn to take one on you.

Choppsboy's posts followed by my replies in bold:

this is a trade that I actually like, but I want to challenge your assumptions about RJ.
What exactly are RJ's strong points? This isn't the same athletic young guy who can jump out of the gym to catch a passing point guards lob. Right now, the best offense for RJ is the Spurs offense. He can't drive anymore, he doesn't jump high anymore, he isn't particularly fast. I contend that all he can do now, for any team, is shoot threes and be invisible in all other respects. If the Spurs happen to release him (or trade him) he is going to we a worthless piece of crap no matter what team he plays for.

Of course, I am putting words in your mouth because you didn't explain why Adleman's offense, and Rubio are a perfect fit for RJ.

Him responding above to my trade idea. My stupid idiot trades so he has said in the past........lol But he likes to agree with so called morons and idiots on their trades.....lol

It is time to realize that Tim Duncan is done. He is not getting the job done at all. Every time Splitter and the 2nd unit comes into the game, things start turning around.

I love Duncan, but his time is OVER!

Plus minus is not the most reliable stat, but when Duncan plays 25 minutes, and his team goes down by 15 points while Splitter plays 25 minutes and during that time the team goes up by 14 points it is hart to argue against the fact that Splitter is more effective than Duncan.

Not to mention the fact that you can see it in the games. Duncan is slow. . . . . real slow. He isn't active at all. He has no more post up game at all. All he has left is a jump shot.

Thomson and Cousins dominated Duncan, but they didn't Dominate Splitter.

Another stupid post from Choppsnut. Isn't Tim an All-Star this year?

On a side note, Tim Duncan was the only player on the team with a negative +/-. The stat reflects the last 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter right after Splitter went to the bench replaced by Duncan. Duncan proceeded to play good defense, but lost the ball 3 times in the post and missed a jump shot.

Start Splitter and bench Duncan if you can't play them together. Stop giving TD the ball in the post.

Bench Duncan? Stop giving Duncan the ball? SAY NO TO DRUGS PEOPLE!


If it were a choice between Blair and Jefferson, I would keep Jefferson.

Wow! This guy is straight up crazy! And stupid basketball wise. And an idiot all wrapped into one pile of elephant feces and blue whale vomit!

I expect this to be the playoffs where Matt Bonner has that one game that makes his career with the Spurs.

A La Steve Kerr against the Mavericks.

Another bird brain post. Does it ever end? He made this statement last season before the playoffs. Was he dropped on his head as a child in his parent's trailer home???

James Anderson is on the team because he is on a 1st round rookie contract.
He can't be waived.



I think you can release players in the NBA right?lol

Erzem Lorbek is our best center option out there.


He has this weird man crush on this guy. He might be good and he might not be good. I think he just likes tall white dudes from different countries. I'm sure the knee pads are not far behind. Look out Erzem! RUN!


WANT MORE?????????????:applause
Nice Research. Of course none of it has anything to do with what we were talking about. Only a bunch of out of context statements.

And, even after all that hard work and research you did,

you are still an idiot.
__________________
I am never coming back to SpursReport because Will The Thrill is a horses ass.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-29-13, 11:03 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,904

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Nice Research. Of course none of it has anything to do with what we were talking about. Only a bunch of out of context statements.

And, even after all that hard work and research you did,

you are still an idiot.
Not all were out of context moron! Look it up it's not that hard. It does have something to do with what we are talking about. Saying Duncan was done and needed to be benched showed your lack of basketball knowledge. I didn't type it you did. Thought you were done responding nimrod? Grow a set already and man up to your stupid statements. I exposed you and it's too bad we can't go back further to post your sign Tony Parker for 75 million garbage and not too long after that.........let's trade Tony Parker posts. Wow! Did you forget about those gems already?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-29-13, 12:01 PM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Not all were out of context moron! Look it up it's not that hard. It does have something to do with what we are talking about. Saying Duncan was done and needed to be benched showed your lack of basketball knowledge. I didn't type it you did. Thought you were done responding nimrod? Grow a set already and man up to your stupid statements. I exposed you and it's too bad we can't go back further to post your sign Tony Parker for 75 million garbage and not too long after that.........let's trade Tony Parker posts. Wow! Did you forget about those gems already?
Along with Idiot, you are an arsehole.
__________________
I am never coming back to SpursReport because Will The Thrill is a horses ass.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-29-13, 12:31 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,904

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Along with Idiot, you are an arsehole.
I only treat people the way they treat me pole smoker. I'm sorry you wanted to keep RJ over Blair and had to be exposed on it. Man up and eat your crow!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-29-13, 02:05 PM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
I only treat people the way they treat me pole smoker. I'm sorry you wanted to keep RJ over Blair and had to be exposed on it. Man up and eat your crow!
More demonstrations of your arsholeness.
__________________
I am never coming back to SpursReport because Will The Thrill is a horses ass.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-30-13, 02:32 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,904

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
More demonstrations of your arsholeness.
Be a man and grow a set already.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-30-13, 08:25 AM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Be a man and grow a set already.
more Arsholeness. It just keeps coming.
__________________
I am never coming back to SpursReport because Will The Thrill is a horses ass.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-30-13, 09:41 AM
WhiteChocolateJr's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,618

__________________
Click HERE to see the rest of my "oversized" signature.
"Leadership is diving after loose balls." -Larry Bird

Last edited by WhiteChocolateJr; 01-30-13 at 09:45 AM. Reason: switched pic.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-30-13, 09:55 AM
JuanCaca's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,652

:-)
__________________
Im honored to be on this team right now because hes going to be great for years to come, and Im going to hold on as long as I can. -Tim Duncan on Kawhi Leonard.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-30-13, 12:01 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,904

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
more Arsholeness. It just keeps coming.

From Choppsgirl on Duncan:

I think the guys is amazing, and gave away millions of dollars to stay with the Spurs.

He could have signed a 3 yr 40 mil deal easily. . . . . .




He just loves to try to give as much money away as he can. He also wanted to give Tony Parker 5 years 75 million. Hey I thought you said Tim Duncan was done????????? What happened?????


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0