News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-26-13, 10:33 AM
MRJONESIII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,283
Did anyone see the height differential....

When Baynes was standing next to 6-10 Bonner? Looks to me like he was about a inch and a half to 2 inches taller.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-26-13, 11:14 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Bonner is not 6-10
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-26-13, 12:08 PM
SleepyAdamII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,908

I was taken aback by how wide he is, wide shoulders, strong base, this guy won't be getting pushed easily
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-26-13, 03:24 PM
MRJONESIII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Bonner is not 6-10
So how tall is he?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-26-13, 03:32 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
So how tall is he?
Do you think DeJuan Blair is really 6'7? Was Tim Duncan ever really 7'0? What they are listed at is not really always their true height. Charles Barkley and Larry Johnson were like 6'5 and 6'6 for example. Matt Bonner is like 6'8 flat footed. The Tim Duncan height adjustment came after Robinson retired. It was a marketing thing. Two seven footers. Twin Towers concept. I'm 6'2 myself but I don't say I'm 6'3 because I have shoes on. It's not my true height measurement.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-26-13, 04:04 PM
ATHENEA's Avatar
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,276

All I learnt was...he is turrible inbounder lol
__________________
NO D, NO RING!!!!
With 26 points on 4 of 4 shots from distance in only 20 minutes of PT. Efficient eviceration.
Wolves' fan: ginobili vs. the wolves is like he's just kind of laughing to himself all game...kind of like he thinks it's cute that they're trying to play basketball.
[email protected]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-26-13, 04:33 PM
crazytlingit's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 384

Matt is closer to 6'10" than most, where when he stands next to diaw he is clearing taller. Baynes is a solid 6'10" for sure without shoes, where I did see the same clip when he was standing next to bonner and Tiago. We will see what he is made of here soon!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-26-13, 05:05 PM
esparzar1's Avatar
President: K.Leo Fan Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Do you think DeJuan Blair is really 6'7? Was Tim Duncan ever really 7'0? What they are listed at is not really always their true height. Charles Barkley and Larry Johnson were like 6'5 and 6'6 for example. Matt Bonner is like 6'8 flat footed. The Tim Duncan height adjustment came after Robinson retired. It was a marketing thing. Two seven footers. Twin Towers concept. I'm 6'2 myself but I don't say I'm 6'3 because I have shoes on. It's not my true height measurement.
No one ever said Duncan was 7 foot he's always been listed as 6'11.....either way is nice to get someone taller than 6'9!
__________________
I think he's going to be a star. And as time goes on, he'll be the face of the Spurs, I think.--- Coach Pop on Leonard
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-26-13, 05:09 PM
MRJONESIII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,283

Can anyone find a recent Spur team photo?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-26-13, 05:23 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Do you think DeJuan Blair is really 6'7? Was Tim Duncan ever really 7'0? What they are listed at is not really always their true height. Charles Barkley and Larry Johnson were like 6'5 and 6'6 for example. Matt Bonner is like 6'8 flat footed. The Tim Duncan height adjustment came after Robinson retired. It was a marketing thing. Two seven footers. Twin Towers concept. I'm 6'2 myself but I don't say I'm 6'3 because I have shoes on. It's not my true height measurement.
i'll give you that you were right about other stuff, but geez, shoes that make him two inches taller?!

dude wears New Balance, they're not the tallest shoes in the world but probably most comfortable. Bonner is a legit big in height, he's just not as strong.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-26-13, 06:10 PM
disciple's Avatar
SpursReport Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 10,306

During last night's game Tiago was standing next to Baynes and Aron was obviously taller.
__________________
Future Sean Elliott Quote: "Spurs fans, you are watching a star being born! This is the Kawhi show!"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-26-13, 06:19 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
No one ever said Duncan was 7 foot he's always been listed as 6'11.....either way is nice to get someone taller than 6'9!
yes he was listed as 7-0 in the NBA for quite awhile. Changed after DRob retired.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-26-13, 06:22 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i'll give you that you were right about other stuff, but geez, shoes that make him two inches taller?!

dude wears New Balance, they're not the tallest shoes in the world but probably most comfortable. Bonner is a legit big in height, he's just not as strong.
no shoes on and his head shaved......6'8
If TD is 6'11 and towers over Bonner at 6'10.......... how is Matt 6'10?:shocked
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-26-13, 11:06 PM
spursfan9's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6,465

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
No one ever said Duncan was 7 foot he's always been listed as 6'11.....either way is nice to get someone taller than 6'9!
? umm, where were u during the twin tower?
tim and david, 7 footers. they even toyed w/ Triple towers some games w/ Robsinon, Will Perdue?, and Duncan.

it was will perdue right? someone check. but they had the triple tower concept sometimes! tim being sf! haha. it like a few games that season w/ him.


duncan was defn listed at a 7 footer when he entered league as a spur ... then changed to 6'11''
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-27-13, 06:27 AM
SilverSpur's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 6,577

Baynes looked a bit sheepish out there for the 15 seconds he was in the game. Lol

Hope he brings it!

We dont need another Peteur Goodmansohn out there in Silver and Black ever again!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-27-13, 08:48 AM
esparzar1's Avatar
President: K.Leo Fan Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
? umm, where were u during the twin tower?
tim and david, 7 footers. they even toyed w/ Triple towers some games w/ Robsinon, Will Perdue?, and Duncan.

it was will perdue right? someone check. but they had the triple tower concept sometimes! tim being sf! haha. it like a few games that season w/ him.


duncan was defn listed at a 7 footer when he entered league as a spur ... then changed to 6'11''
Not gonna make a huge deal out of it but I got college and rookie basketball cards listing him at 6'11. Yes, It was will purdue in 99 when they were talking about the triple towers lol....just cause they're talking about the twin towers with drob ans timmy doesn't mean Timmy wasn't still just 6'11 and listed at 6'11. I remeber instances where they did in fact say that timmy was 7'0 but thoses where quite rare. My original point was still just pointing out that it was nice to see us get someone taller than 6'9.
__________________
I think he's going to be a star. And as time goes on, he'll be the face of the Spurs, I think.--- Coach Pop on Leonard
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-27-13, 12:32 PM
JuanCaca's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,633

i remember timmy listed as 7'0 on earlier yahoo player profiles... (i was played fantasy several years,checking those all the time)
__________________
Im honored to be on this team right now because hes going to be great for years to come, and Im going to hold on as long as I can. -Tim Duncan on Kawhi Leonard.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-27-13, 12:38 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
Not gonna make a huge deal out of it but I got college and rookie basketball cards listing him at 6'11. Yes, It was will purdue in 99 when they were talking about the triple towers lol....just cause they're talking about the twin towers with drob ans timmy doesn't mean Timmy wasn't still just 6'11 and listed at 6'11. I remeber instances where they did in fact say that timmy was 7'0 but thoses where quite rare. My original point was still just pointing out that it was nice to see us get someone taller than 6'9.
Actually at Wake Forest he was listed at 6-10 and drafted at a listed 6-10. Also the Spurs media guides had him listed at 7'0 when he in fact was not 7'0. It wasn't rare. They did it for over half a decade.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-27-13, 01:33 PM
clovisnmspurfan's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,609

Maybe he wasn't finished growing?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-27-13, 01:40 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
Maybe he wasn't finished growing?
By his senior year in college?lol. Well it's possible. Point is the Spurs/NBA listed him at 7'0 to start his pro basketball career. Some people here can't remember that but then again they can't remember what they ate yesterday either.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-27-13, 06:10 PM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,566

Baynes had a good 6" on Blair, so if Blair is 6'6", that puts Baynes at 7 foot at least. Of course, everyone is listed taller. For all we know we could be watching a bunch of midgets and illusions.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-27-13, 08:51 PM
esparzar1's Avatar
President: K.Leo Fan Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
By his senior year in college?lol. Well it's possible. Point is the Spurs/NBA listed him at 7'0 to start his pro basketball career. Some people here can't remember that but then again they can't remember what they ate yesterday either.
Eh we'll it's all good....I suppose I might be getting a little old and am starting to forget things form time to time lol. Tell ya what, ill stay away from tryin to remember players height if you stay away from proposing ridiculous trades
__________________
I think he's going to be a star. And as time goes on, he'll be the face of the Spurs, I think.--- Coach Pop on Leonard
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-28-13, 12:07 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
Eh we'll it's all good....I suppose I might be getting a little old and am starting to forget things form time to time lol. Tell ya what, ill stay away from tryin to remember players height if you stay away from proposing ridiculous trades
Like RJ for SJax? okay
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-28-13, 12:59 AM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,543

Hopefully he can play some ball here and contribute this year!
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-28-13, 08:41 AM
old timer's Avatar
The Eternal Optimist
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: caldwell, tx
Posts: 2,128

stretching people, aka telling find about their height starts with high school basketball programs. Coaches just feel better having a five foot eleven point guard than a five foot nine and on it goes.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0