News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-13, 10:33 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Did anyone see the height differential....

When Baynes was standing next to 6-10 Bonner? Looks to me like he was about a inch and a half to 2 inches taller.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-26-13, 11:14 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Bonner is not 6-10
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-26-13, 12:08 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I was taken aback by how wide he is, wide shoulders, strong base, this guy won't be getting pushed easily
Old 01-26-13, 03:24 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Bonner is not 6-10
So how tall is he?
Old 01-26-13, 03:32 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
So how tall is he?
Do you think DeJuan Blair is really 6'7? Was Tim Duncan ever really 7'0? What they are listed at is not really always their true height. Charles Barkley and Larry Johnson were like 6'5 and 6'6 for example. Matt Bonner is like 6'8 flat footed. The Tim Duncan height adjustment came after Robinson retired. It was a marketing thing. Two seven footers. Twin Towers concept. I'm 6'2 myself but I don't say I'm 6'3 because I have shoes on. It's not my true height measurement.
Old 01-26-13, 04:04 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

All I learnt was...he is turrible inbounder lol
[email protected]
Old 01-26-13, 04:33 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Matt is closer to 6'10" than most, where when he stands next to diaw he is clearing taller. Baynes is a solid 6'10" for sure without shoes, where I did see the same clip when he was standing next to bonner and Tiago. We will see what he is made of here soon!
Old 01-26-13, 05:05 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Do you think DeJuan Blair is really 6'7? Was Tim Duncan ever really 7'0? What they are listed at is not really always their true height. Charles Barkley and Larry Johnson were like 6'5 and 6'6 for example. Matt Bonner is like 6'8 flat footed. The Tim Duncan height adjustment came after Robinson retired. It was a marketing thing. Two seven footers. Twin Towers concept. I'm 6'2 myself but I don't say I'm 6'3 because I have shoes on. It's not my true height measurement.
No one ever said Duncan was 7 foot he's always been listed as 6'11.....either way is nice to get someone taller than 6'9!
Old 01-26-13, 05:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Can anyone find a recent Spur team photo?
Old 01-26-13, 05:23 PM

Quote:
i'll give you that you were right about other stuff, but geez, shoes that make him two inches taller?!

dude wears New Balance, they're not the tallest shoes in the world but probably most comfortable. Bonner is a legit big in height, he's just not as strong.
Old 01-26-13, 06:10 PM
SpursReport Staff Writer

During last night's game Tiago was standing next to Baynes and Aron was obviously taller.
Old 01-26-13, 06:19 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
No one ever said Duncan was 7 foot he's always been listed as 6'11.....either way is nice to get someone taller than 6'9!
yes he was listed as 7-0 in the NBA for quite awhile. Changed after DRob retired.
Old 01-26-13, 06:22 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i'll give you that you were right about other stuff, but geez, shoes that make him two inches taller?!

dude wears New Balance, they're not the tallest shoes in the world but probably most comfortable. Bonner is a legit big in height, he's just not as strong.
no shoes on and his head shaved......6'8
If TD is 6'11 and towers over Bonner at 6'10.......... how is Matt 6'10?:shocked
Old 01-26-13, 11:06 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
? umm, where were u during the twin tower?
tim and david, 7 footers. they even toyed w/ Triple towers some games w/ Robsinon, Will Perdue?, and Duncan.

it was will perdue right? someone check. but they had the triple tower concept sometimes! tim being sf! haha. it like a few games that season w/ him.

duncan was defn listed at a 7 footer when he entered league as a spur ... then changed to 6'11''
Old 01-27-13, 06:27 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Baynes looked a bit sheepish out there for the 15 seconds he was in the game. Lol

Hope he brings it!

We dont need another Peteur Goodmansohn out there in Silver and Black ever again!
Old 01-27-13, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
? umm, where were u during the twin tower?
tim and david, 7 footers. they even toyed w/ Triple towers some games w/ Robsinon, Will Perdue?, and Duncan.

it was will perdue right? someone check. but they had the triple tower concept sometimes! tim being sf! haha. it like a few games that season w/ him.

duncan was defn listed at a 7 footer when he entered league as a spur ... then changed to 6'11''
Not gonna make a huge deal out of it but I got college and rookie basketball cards listing him at 6'11. Yes, It was will purdue in 99 when they were talking about the triple towers lol....just cause they're talking about the twin towers with drob ans timmy doesn't mean Timmy wasn't still just 6'11 and listed at 6'11. I remeber instances where they did in fact say that timmy was 7'0 but thoses where quite rare. My original point was still just pointing out that it was nice to see us get someone taller than 6'9.
Old 01-27-13, 12:32 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

i remember timmy listed as 7'0 on earlier yahoo player profiles... (i was played fantasy several years,checking those all the time)
Old 01-27-13, 12:38 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Not gonna make a huge deal out of it but I got college and rookie basketball cards listing him at 6'11. Yes, It was will purdue in 99 when they were talking about the triple towers lol....just cause they're talking about the twin towers with drob ans timmy doesn't mean Timmy wasn't still just 6'11 and listed at 6'11. I remeber instances where they did in fact say that timmy was 7'0 but thoses where quite rare. My original point was still just pointing out that it was nice to see us get someone taller than 6'9.
Actually at Wake Forest he was listed at 6-10 and drafted at a listed 6-10. Also the Spurs media guides had him listed at 7'0 when he in fact was not 7'0. It wasn't rare. They did it for over half a decade.
Old 01-27-13, 01:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Maybe he wasn't finished growing?
Old 01-27-13, 01:40 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
Maybe he wasn't finished growing?
By his senior year in college?lol. Well it's possible. Point is the Spurs/NBA listed him at 7'0 to start his pro basketball career. Some people here can't remember that but then again they can't remember what they ate yesterday either.
Old 01-27-13, 06:10 PM
The Master Baiter

Baynes had a good 6" on Blair, so if Blair is 6'6", that puts Baynes at 7 foot at least. Of course, everyone is listed taller. For all we know we could be watching a bunch of midgets and illusions.
Old 01-27-13, 08:51 PM

Quote:
By his senior year in college?lol. Well it's possible. Point is the Spurs/NBA listed him at 7'0 to start his pro basketball career. Some people here can't remember that but then again they can't remember what they ate yesterday either.
Eh we'll it's all good....I suppose I might be getting a little old and am starting to forget things form time to time lol. Tell ya what, ill stay away from tryin to remember players height if you stay away from proposing ridiculous trades
Old 01-28-13, 12:07 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Eh we'll it's all good....I suppose I might be getting a little old and am starting to forget things form time to time lol. Tell ya what, ill stay away from tryin to remember players height if you stay away from proposing ridiculous trades
Like RJ for SJax? okay
Old 01-28-13, 12:59 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Hopefully he can play some ball here and contribute this year!
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 01-28-13, 08:41 AM
The Eternal Optimist

stretching people, aka telling find about their height starts with high school basketball programs. Coaches just feel better having a five foot eleven point guard than a five foot nine and on it goes.