SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Did anyone see the height differential.... (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118485-did-anyone-see-height-differential.html)

MRJONESIII 01-26-13 10:33 AM

Did anyone see the height differential....

When Baynes was standing next to 6-10 Bonner? Looks to me like he was about a inch and a half to 2 inches taller.

WILLTHETHRILL 01-26-13 11:14 AM

Bonner is not 6-10

SleepyAdamII 01-26-13 12:08 PM

I was taken aback by how wide he is, wide shoulders, strong base, this guy won't be getting pushed easily

MRJONESIII 01-26-13 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1290971)
Bonner is not 6-10

So how tall is he?

WILLTHETHRILL 01-26-13 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRJONESIII (Post 1290987)
So how tall is he?

Do you think DeJuan Blair is really 6'7? Was Tim Duncan ever really 7'0? What they are listed at is not really always their true height. Charles Barkley and Larry Johnson were like 6'5 and 6'6 for example. Matt Bonner is like 6'8 flat footed. The Tim Duncan height adjustment came after Robinson retired. It was a marketing thing. Two seven footers. Twin Towers concept. I'm 6'2 myself but I don't say I'm 6'3 because I have shoes on. It's not my true height measurement.

ATHENEA 01-26-13 04:04 PM

All I learnt was...he is turrible inbounder lol

crazytlingit 01-26-13 04:33 PM

Matt is closer to 6'10" than most, where when he stands next to diaw he is clearing taller. Baynes is a solid 6'10" for sure without shoes, where I did see the same clip when he was standing next to bonner and Tiago. We will see what he is made of here soon!

esparzar1 01-26-13 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1290989)
Do you think DeJuan Blair is really 6'7? Was Tim Duncan ever really 7'0? What they are listed at is not really always their true height. Charles Barkley and Larry Johnson were like 6'5 and 6'6 for example. Matt Bonner is like 6'8 flat footed. The Tim Duncan height adjustment came after Robinson retired. It was a marketing thing. Two seven footers. Twin Towers concept. I'm 6'2 myself but I don't say I'm 6'3 because I have shoes on. It's not my true height measurement.

No one ever said Duncan was 7 foot :smirk he's always been listed as 6'11.....either way is nice to get someone taller than 6'9!

MRJONESIII 01-26-13 05:09 PM

Can anyone find a recent Spur team photo?

Jose_TheGenius 01-26-13 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1290989)

i'll give you that you were right about other stuff, but geez, shoes that make him two inches taller?! :lol

dude wears New Balance, they're not the tallest shoes in the world but probably most comfortable. Bonner is a legit big in height, he's just not as strong.

disciple 01-26-13 06:10 PM

During last night's game Tiago was standing next to Baynes and Aron was obviously taller.

WILLTHETHRILL 01-26-13 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esparzar1 (Post 1290995)
No one ever said Duncan was 7 foot :smirk he's always been listed as 6'11.....either way is nice to get someone taller than 6'9!

yes he was listed as 7-0 in the NBA for quite awhile. Changed after DRob retired.

WILLTHETHRILL 01-26-13 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1290998)
i'll give you that you were right about other stuff, but geez, shoes that make him two inches taller?! :lol

dude wears New Balance, they're not the tallest shoes in the world but probably most comfortable. Bonner is a legit big in height, he's just not as strong.

no shoes on and his head shaved......6'8
If TD is 6'11 and towers over Bonner at 6'10.......... how is Matt 6'10?:shocked

spursfan9 01-26-13 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esparzar1 (Post 1290995)

? umm, where were u during the twin tower?
tim and david, 7 footers. they even toyed w/ Triple towers some games w/ Robsinon, Will Perdue?, and Duncan.

it was will perdue right? someone check. but they had the triple tower concept sometimes! tim being sf! haha. it like a few games that season w/ him.

duncan was defn listed at a 7 footer when he entered league as a spur ... then changed to 6'11''

SilverSpur 01-27-13 06:27 AM

Baynes looked a bit sheepish out there for the 15 seconds he was in the game. Lol

Hope he brings it!

We dont need another Peteur Goodmansohn out there in Silver and Black ever again!

esparzar1 01-27-13 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spursfan9 (Post 1291025)
? umm, where were u during the twin tower?
tim and david, 7 footers. they even toyed w/ Triple towers some games w/ Robsinon, Will Perdue?, and Duncan.

it was will perdue right? someone check. but they had the triple tower concept sometimes! tim being sf! haha. it like a few games that season w/ him.

duncan was defn listed at a 7 footer when he entered league as a spur ... then changed to 6'11''

Not gonna make a huge deal out of it but I got college and rookie basketball cards listing him at 6'11. Yes, It was will purdue in 99 when they were talking about the triple towers lol....just cause they're talking about the twin towers with drob ans timmy doesn't mean Timmy wasn't still just 6'11 and listed at 6'11. I remeber instances where they did in fact say that timmy was 7'0 but thoses where quite rare. My original point was still just pointing out that it was nice to see us get someone taller than 6'9. :wink

JuanCaca 01-27-13 12:32 PM

i remember timmy listed as 7'0 on earlier yahoo player profiles... (i was played fantasy several years,checking those all the time)

WILLTHETHRILL 01-27-13 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esparzar1 (Post 1291041)
Not gonna make a huge deal out of it but I got college and rookie basketball cards listing him at 6'11. Yes, It was will purdue in 99 when they were talking about the triple towers lol....just cause they're talking about the twin towers with drob ans timmy doesn't mean Timmy wasn't still just 6'11 and listed at 6'11. I remeber instances where they did in fact say that timmy was 7'0 but thoses where quite rare. My original point was still just pointing out that it was nice to see us get someone taller than 6'9. :wink

Actually at Wake Forest he was listed at 6-10 and drafted at a listed 6-10. Also the Spurs media guides had him listed at 7'0 when he in fact was not 7'0. It wasn't rare. They did it for over half a decade.

clovisnmspurfan 01-27-13 01:33 PM

Maybe he wasn't finished growing?

WILLTHETHRILL 01-27-13 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan (Post 1291052)
Maybe he wasn't finished growing?

By his senior year in college?lol. Well it's possible. Point is the Spurs/NBA listed him at 7'0 to start his pro basketball career. Some people here can't remember that but then again they can't remember what they ate yesterday either.:laugh

Uwe Blab 01-27-13 06:10 PM

Baynes had a good 6" on Blair, so if Blair is 6'6", that puts Baynes at 7 foot at least. Of course, everyone is listed taller. For all we know we could be watching a bunch of midgets and illusions.

esparzar1 01-27-13 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1291054)
By his senior year in college?lol. Well it's possible. Point is the Spurs/NBA listed him at 7'0 to start his pro basketball career. Some people here can't remember that but then again they can't remember what they ate yesterday either.:laugh

Eh we'll it's all good....I suppose I might be getting a little old and am starting to forget things form time to time lol. Tell ya what, ill stay away from tryin to remember players height if you stay away from proposing ridiculous trades :smirk

WILLTHETHRILL 01-28-13 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esparzar1 (Post 1291070)
Eh we'll it's all good....I suppose I might be getting a little old and am starting to forget things form time to time lol. Tell ya what, ill stay away from tryin to remember players height if you stay away from proposing ridiculous trades :smirk

Like RJ for SJax? okay:laugh

Rzarector7 01-28-13 12:59 AM

Hopefully he can play some ball here and contribute this year!

old timer 01-28-13 08:41 AM

stretching people, aka telling find about their height starts with high school basketball programs. Coaches just feel better having a five foot eleven point guard than a five foot nine and on it goes.