SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Matt Bonner Farewell Tour 2013 (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118467-matt-bonner-farewell-tour-2013-a.html)

WILLTHETHRILL 01-24-13 12:55 PM

Matt Bonner Farewell Tour 2013
 
Per Project Spurs:


Right now, the Spurs have a combined $30 million in contracts coming off the books this summer. That's Manu, Jackson, Tiago Splitter (restricted free agent), DeJuan Blair (restricted) and Gary Neal (restricted). Matt Bonner's contract is only guaranteed for $1 million if he's waived by June 29th, so that could be an extra $3 million off the books. Additionally, Boris Diaw and Patty Mills have player options on their deals. We'll assume they don't opt of their deals but the Spurs do waive Bonner and say they have approximately $33 million in expiring contracts which would get them about $23 million in cap space.



There is your proof boys!

FYI NBA Draft is June 27th. So he will be gone by that time.

no comments

Guille 01-24-13 01:15 PM

Manu and Tiago will be back, and probably Diaw, Mills and Neal too.

WILLTHETHRILL 01-24-13 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guille (Post 1290843)
Manu and Tiago will be back, and probably Diaw, Mills and Neal too.

Most likely but at reduced money for Manu. just showing the Bonner lovers and haters that he can be let go for less.

alh1020 01-24-13 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1290845)
..................that he can be let go for less.

If not sooner before the trade deadline which might reduce the ulcer pains fans have been getting during the playoffs based on Bonner's past performances.

Uwe Blab 01-24-13 02:23 PM

Still don't know what the Spurs would do with cap space. No one ever comes here unless it's a veteran that is on his last legs.

clovisnmspurfan 01-24-13 07:11 PM

As I have said before Bonner earns his keep nothing more nothing less.

spurscrazed 01-24-13 11:48 PM

Thanks for the find Will!!:thumb
Bonner's acquisition can fit at least two NBA teams now.
Let's hope Spurs can get it done before trade deadline and get Spurs either a veteran who is looking for his ring or any okay big/sf who fits here..

Guapo 01-25-13 05:33 AM

No way the Spurs trade Bonner before the deadline. Great 3pt shooting among contending teams is a must!

WILLTHETHRILL 01-25-13 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan (Post 1290864)
As I have said before Bonner earns his keep nothing more nothing less.

doesn't earn it in the playoffs. look up the stats.

JuanCaca 01-25-13 01:07 PM

bonner is the perfect fit for miami, even with his drawbacks...

montgod 01-25-13 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guapo (Post 1290891)
No way the Spurs trade Bonner before the deadline. Great 3pt shooting among contending teams is a must!

I agree... but we are talking about playoffs after the dealine which doesn't apply to Bonner's 3pt shooting cause he shoots nothing but bricks during that timeframe.

spurscrazed 01-25-13 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guapo (Post 1290891)
No way the Spurs trade Bonner before the deadline. Great 3pt shooting among contending teams is a must!

Guapo you mentioned The Main Point. :)

That is the Exact REASON why Spurs should trade Bonner who has THE BEST VALUE to get out of him as he is right there top of the league's in Three Point Shooting. :wink

buttsR4rebounding 01-25-13 01:45 PM

Bonner is not going anywhere before this summer. With Tim probably nursing his knee the rest of the season Bonner will get plenty of minutes. Bayne may get a few minutes later in the season, but they will be minimal. He was signed this year because he wouldn't be available if the Spurs waited until the summer. The Spurs would not be able to find anyone that could fit into the rotation with Bonner's "corporate knowledge" that would do any better job than Bonner--not even close. So everyone just buckle up and enjoy the ride...:banana

WILLTHETHRILL 06-21-13 12:25 AM

BYE BONNER!

lakehorn 06-21-13 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1290845)
Most likely but at reduced money for Manu. just showing the Bonner lovers and haters that he can be let go for less.

If Manu is coming back it better be for the minimum salary, he has not earned his money the last 2 years.

Rzarector7 06-21-13 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1290851)
Still don't know what the Spurs would do with cap space. No one ever comes here unless it's a veteran that is on his last legs.

I would take a BARRY and Horry again! Hell I would take 06-07 Finley again. They came up big in the playoff games. We needed a backup PG in the worst way! When TP was out nobody seemed to be able to run the O worth a damnnnnn.

Mombear 06-21-13 06:12 PM

Quote:

Still don't know what the Spurs would do with cap space. No one ever comes here unless it's a veteran that is on his last legs.
You know it was coming, sooner or later....

SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana

Uwe Blab 06-21-13 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mombear (Post 1300627)


You know it was coming, sooner or later....

SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana SCOLA :banana

Great, another guy that may spark WWIII with the Argentinians when he sucks.

Dulce 06-22-13 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1300630)
Great, another guy that may spark WWIII with the Argentinians when he sucks.

:laugh

SPURSGIRL4Life 06-22-13 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1290904)
doesn't earn it in the playoffs. look up the stats.

Funny . I could have sworn Bonner had something to do with completing the journey to the playoffs. We have to go through more than 4 teams to get there. ****Edited for friendlier tone.

TimmyDthaWay2B 06-22-13 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1300630)
Great, another guy that may spark WWIII with the Argentinians when he sucks.

No kidding.... Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

TimmyDthaWay2B 06-22-13 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPURSGIRL4Life (Post 1300657)
Funny . I could have sworn Bonner had something to do with completing the journey to the playoffs. We have to go through more than 4 teams to get there. ****Edited for friendlier tone.

Yea... Bonner had a great series against LA. Who we would have beat 4 on 5.

Uwe Blab 06-22-13 11:31 AM

I don't think you waive a guy who knows the system and is a great contributor in the long road to the playoffs to save a couple million (relatively speaking of course), unless you need that little bit of money to sign some good free agents. I don't think they do it unless they know they've got somebody coming.

WILLTHETHRILL 06-24-13 01:15 AM

BONNER STILL SUCKS!

SPURSGIRL4Life 06-24-13 03:49 AM

Take it from Mike Monroe.
"A sub’s sub: According to the NBA, Matt Bonner on Sunday became just the third non-starter in league history to be perfect on at least seven 3-pointers in a game...".

Spurs Nation

spurscrazed 06-24-13 11:39 AM

:zzz
:boring

WILLTHETHRILL 06-24-13 01:28 PM

Bonner might be a good trade piece Thursday night because of his contract buyout.

spurscrazed 06-24-13 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1300897)
Bonner might be a good trade piece Thursday night because of his contract buyout.

Great Point!:thumb

grizzly_bexar 06-24-13 02:24 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bonner traded, then waived and brought back this fall.

katyspursfan 06-24-13 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar (Post 1300910)
I wouldn't be surprised to see Bonner traded, then waived and brought back this fall.

I don't think he'd be allowed until the following season.
Memory says that he wouldn't be allowed to return to SA until the contract he was under at the trade would have expired. In other words, he can't come back any sooner than his contract runs.

montgod 06-24-13 03:56 PM

I have a feeling this won't matter at all to the Spurs and they will keep him no matter what. I think they probably still see him as someone who knows the offense and gives them a small part of what they need (good 3pt shooting and occasional hilarious lucky drives to the basket) for the bargain price of 3.5 mil.

Just like Bonner, I think this applies to most of the team. I don't see too many changes and everything will be status quo with a few minor tweeks. The main one being saving some money on Jackson being gone, Manu coming back at a cheaper price (esp if they renounce and re-sign him), and re-signing Splitter at a price we all will be mad at.

So maybe the Spurs will sign one FA that will be slightly significant but it won't be anyone you expected or make headline news. We all know the drill... and it might not be a bad thing IF they can fill some of their weaknesses w/whoever will be drafted/signed/or became better over summer. We will see...

grizzly_bexar 06-24-13 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katyspursfan (Post 1300916)
I don't think he'd be allowed until the following season.
Memory says that he wouldn't be allowed to return to SA until the contract he was under at the trade would have expired. In other words, he can't come back any sooner than his contract runs.

I believe that is in a buyout scenario, not when the team receiving him elects not to pick up a team option.

alh1020 06-24-13 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar (Post 1300910)
I wouldn't be surprised to see Bonner traded, then waived and brought back this fall.

Griz -- you sure know how to rake Will over the coals...................

WILLTHETHRILL 06-24-13 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1300930)
Griz -- you sure know how to rake Will over the coals...................

I think Bonner at 3.9 million is way too high a salary for a guy who sat out Game 7 this year and Game 6 last year in the playoffs. 3.9 million might not seem like a lot of cap space but added to a healthy sum........it makes a big impact.

grizzly_bexar 06-25-13 12:02 AM

I don't think they'll pay him the full salary next year. I think they are trying to trade him as part of a piece to get a high quality player in return.

But look around at market value. Lots of teams pay more for less production, especially considering his skill set and the fact that he just shuts up and does his job. It's easy to underestimate how rare that is.

WILLTHETHRILL 07-01-13 01:16 PM

Man I was so wrong on this.......I guess I need to eat a dumpster full of crow on this one. I'm shocked they didn't trade him or exercise the buyout. SHOCKED!

clovisnmspurfan 07-02-13 11:00 AM

Bonner Farewell tour 2014

tabspur 07-03-13 12:28 PM

Amnesty Bonner has a great ring to it. If, it gives us enough to sign someone who can actually contribute.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0