SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Spurs sign Aron Baynes (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118460-spurs-sign-aron-baynes.html)

Jose_TheGenius 01-23-13 05:11 PM

Spurs sign Aron Baynes

Spurs sign Aron Baynes | January | 2013 Articles

SleepyAdamII 01-23-13 05:16 PM

I say we see him in the next 10 games and see if he contributes right away or stow him away. Either way I'm stoked .

esparzar1 01-23-13 05:20 PM

nice! when is he eligible to actually play?

KAD 01-23-13 07:49 PM

Hmm - would be good to see him tonight ..

spurscrazed 01-23-13 11:17 PM

Finally!!! He is here!!! In San Antonio!! Awesome signing!!!

Sitting on the bench behind Timmy D absorbing the Spurs game!!! :D

Can't wait to see Aron on the floor even for one or two minutes to get used to playing with Spurs!!!!

Go Spurs Go

WILLTHETHRILL 01-24-13 01:10 AM

Cool a player over 6'4 for once.

alh1020 01-24-13 02:01 AM

“I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
And I know I know I know I know I know I want you……..”

Whoops --- sorry, I lost control there. Put #16 to work now, a little on the job training won't hurt the dude. When you buy a new car, you don't just sit it in the driveway and admire it from day to day, you have to give it a ride around town and show it off. Let's see what he has under the hood. Besides, Coach Bud said before the New Orleans game that Baynes sets a pretty good pick (screen) that the Spurs guards will love. He's familiar with the Spurs schema since he's played it under Coach Brett Brown and the Australian National and Olympic team so he should be ready to wear the silver and black. And with the rodeo road trip coming up, he can bond with his new mates.

SilverSpur 01-24-13 03:48 AM

Just in time for the trade deadline. Bye Bye Blair. I will really miss you. Really, man.

tuncaboylu 01-24-13 06:41 AM

Any info about contract and buyout details?

alh1020 01-24-13 10:53 AM

The only money talk I've seen has been rumored to be a four-year, $3.5 million deal, pretty much what's been talked about in the days leading up to his signing. I guess the only thing holding everything up now is waiting until his visa clears to begin practicing with his new mates.

td4mvp2k 01-24-13 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1290799)
And with the rodeo road trip coming up, he can bond with his new mates.

That is big for the team to have him for the RRT.

Spurd_On 01-24-13 11:48 AM

I'm just guessing but it seems to me that the Spurs got him here a few weeks before the trade deadline to figure out if he is likely the missing piece that works. If not, they still have time for plan B before the trade deadline. What do you think?

td4mvp2k 01-24-13 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1290821)
I'm just guessing but it seems to me that the Spurs got him here a few weeks before the trade deadline to figure out if he is likely the missing piece that works. If not, they still have time for plan B before the trade deadline. What do you think?

There should be just the plan to get Blair out!

Spurd_On 01-25-13 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by td4mvp2k (Post 1290823)
There should be just the plan to get Blair out!

That makes sense too. If he works out (at least somewhat close to as advertised), then Bonner's minutes (what little he has) are gone too except when they need 3 pointers or perimeter shots or a big is rested for the night.