News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-13, 12:01 PM
SR Team Goof

Curry out indefinitely with sprained ankle

With most players you would just shrug this news off — Stephen Curry rolled his ankle during shootaround, reports CSNBayArea.com. He did it when he landed on the foot of rookie Festus Ezeli.

But with Curry, who has had multiple ankle surgeries and missed considerable time last season with ankle issues, it has Warriors saying “oh no, not again.”

Curry sat out the Warriors getting mauled by the Miami Heat, but the question now is how long will he be out? The good news is X-rays were negative but there is no timetable for his return and you can bet the Warriors will be cautious. Curry tried to be optimistic, reports the San Jose Mercury News:
“I haven’t had a sprain in two-and-a-half months, so my ligaments are as probably the healthiest they’ve been,” Curry said. “Just have to wait and see how they recover. “
“I haven’t been in this situation for a while. I don’t know if it will be a fast or slow kind of deal just because after two surgeries and all that process, it finally had the time to cool down. So we’ll see tomorrow.”
Coach Mark Jackson said he didn’t think it would be bad but added that Curry would be 100 percent before he was sent back out on the floor.

Curry was having his best season as a pro, averaging 20.2 points and 6.6 assists per game, with a PER of 19.2. He is in the running for one of the All-Star Game reserve spots in the West.

Jarrett Jack will move into the starting role at the point. That hurts the Warriors bench depth — Jack had some big games going against other teams bench players.

Related link: Atlanta Hawks suspend Josh Smith for Wednesday night | ProBasketballTalk
Old 01-17-13, 01:40 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

This is a shame for the Bay Area team. Mark Jackson has had a real impact as coach, and the Warriors have been looking like a serious playoff threat. Aside from their game on Friday, I'm hoping they can absorb the Curry loss and keep it going.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!