SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   ATL Hawks Suspend Josh Smith (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118408-atl-hawks-suspend-josh-smith.html)

td4mvp2k 01-16-13 01:20 PM

ATL Hawks Suspend Josh Smith

Hawks President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Danny Ferry today announced that the team has suspended forward Josh Smith for one game and fined him an undisclosed amount for conduct detrimental to the team.

“Josh and I discussed the issue and he understood and accepted this course of action. We are confident that he will respond positively, learn from this experience and come back with a renewed sense of purpose to the team moving forward,” Ferry said.

The 6-foot-9 forward will serve his suspension tonight against the Brooklyn Nets

STATEMENT FROM JOSH SMITH-"Clearly I am competitive and was frustrated by our recent losses. I understand and respect the team's actions and just want to get back on the court to do whatever is necessary to help my teammates. I apologize for letting them down and apologize to our fans for not being available for tonight's game."

NBA.com

td4mvp2k 01-16-13 06:42 PM

Agent For Trade?

Josh Smith's agent spoke with Danny Ferry on Wednesday to discuss his client's "frustration" with the Atlanta Hawks' recent spiral.

"As far as moving forward and whatever changes will be made, that's more so management's job to field those calls and make the decisions they feel like are best to move forward," Smith's agent, Wallace Prather, told CBSSports.com.

Prather stopped short of requesting a trade.

Smith will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

The Hawks have conducted trade talks centered on Smith with multiple teams.

Ken Berger/CBS Sports

td4mvp2k 01-19-13 05:35 AM

Smith and Howard?

Hawks have been fielding calls, but have been reluctant to trade him because they believe Smith's presence in Atlanta could be a powerful lure for Dwight Howard this summer. But with Howard's situation up in the air, the time seems right for the Hawks and Smith to move on. Dallas, Houston, Boston, Milwaukee, Toronto and the Lakers are all potential suitors.

The biggest question is: What is the price tag for a mercurial forward who is entering his prime and will be a free agent this summer?

Chad Ford/ESPN

bills0 01-19-13 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by td4mvp2k (Post 1290522)
Hawks have been fielding calls, but have been reluctant to trade him because they believe Smith's presence in Atlanta could be a powerful lure for Dwight Howard this summer. But with Howard's situation up in the air, the time seems right for the Hawks and Smith to move on. Dallas, Houston, Boston, Milwaukee, Toronto and the Lakers are all potential suitors.

The biggest question is: What is the price tag for a mercurial forward who is entering his prime and will be a free agent this summer?

Chad Ford/ESPN

Just out of curiosity, why do you bold all your posts?

td4mvp2k 01-19-13 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bills0 (Post 1290541)
Just out of curiosity, why do you bold all your posts?

cuz its a curiosity...

Mombear 01-19-13 05:37 PM

And why no linkage? :shrug