SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Update on Manu's Grade 1 strained left hamstring 10 to 14 Days Out! (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118384-update-manus-grade-1-strained-left-hamstring-10-14-days-out.html)

spurscrazed 01-14-13 12:28 PM

Update on Manu's Grade 1 strained left hamstring 10 to 14 Days Out!

On Manu's Tweet he wrote

Quote:

Manu Ginobili ‏@manuginobili
Just finished with the MRI. Grade 1 strained left hamstring. 10/14 days out. Will be back shortly. Thanks 4 ur support!!

Get Well Manu, Please!!! :thumb

Not so bad... Some were thinking it would be worse. :wink

Meanwhile it could be a blessing in disguise for other Spurs players to step it up and Bring It!

Go Spurs Go

Eddy from Austin 01-14-13 12:54 PM

Manu Ginobili strains hamstring, he could be out a while
Kurt Helin Jan 14, 2013, 10:47 AM EST

It’s not a regular season without a Manu Ginobili injury.

He tweaked his left hamstring with just a minute to go before halftime of the Spurs win on Sunday night. He did not return for the second half. The team officially called it a strain, he will be re-evaluated on Monday and then a determination on how long he will be out will be made.

Stephen Jackson made it sound like it could be a few games at least. From the San Antonio Express-News:

“It sucks,” said Jackson, “but it’s a part of the game. I’m glad it’s a strain and not a pull. He’ll be back a little quicker. But we have to step up. One person won’t be able to fill Manu’s shoes for what he does. Me, Gary (Neal), a couple other guys off the bench have to do it collectively.”

My guess is at least a week or two. But if it’s two that would be right at the start of the annual rodeo road trip — nine straight games on the road while a rodeo takes over their arena — and if he missed some or all of that nobody would be shocked.

The Spurs get the big picture — at 29-11 they are playoff bound, they need to be healthy when it comes time and they will give 35-year-old Ginobili all the time he needs. Hamstrings can be tricky because they take a while to heal and can be aggravated easily. You have to rest it and be sure.

So this could take a while.

polk 01-14-13 01:03 PM

First sentence says it all...

It's not a regular season without a Manu Ginobili injury.

mckennaspur1 01-14-13 01:19 PM

This could become a blessing in disguise if it gives Nando some playing time and if he gets settled enough to show what he can do...

Rzarector7 01-14-13 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polk (Post 1290296)
First sentence says it all...

It's not a regular season without a Manu Ginobili injury.

Fraginobili, Hell the POST season as well he seems to get hurt.

mckennaspur1 01-15-13 11:50 AM

10-14 days puts him at Groundhog's Day (or thereabouts). Knowing Pop, I'm circling Valentine's Day instead.