News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-11-13, 04:32 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Cousins Suspended?

An elbow from DeMarcus Cousins helped hand the Dallas Mavericks a win and gave Sacramento Kings fans another stinger.

O.J. Mayo had 24 points and 10 rebounds, Vince Carter scored 23 points off the bench and the Mavericks took advantage of a flagrant foul by Cousins to rally from 17 points down to beat the Kings 117-112 in overtime Thursday night.

With the franchise's possible sale and relocation to Seattle on the minds of Kings fans, Cousins finished with 29 points and nine rebounds before getting ejected in overtime for elbowing Carter in the face. Officials reviewed the played and upgraded the call from a flagrant 1 to a flagrant 2 foul. It also was Cousins' sixth personal foul.

Cousins, who has been suspended twice by the NBA and once by the Kings this season for his actions, lost the ball driving in the lane and elbowed Carter in the face away from the ball. Officials reviewed the play and upgraded the call from a flagrant 1 to a flagrant 2 with 41.9 seconds to play.

Carter hit both free throws and the Mavericks got the ball. Marion later made another pair to put Dallas ahead 115-110 and send the home fans to the exits. "It's one of those things that you see coming but you can't move fast enough," Carter said.

AP
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-11-13, 05:32 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Bonner for Cousins?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-11-13, 08:49 AM
SR Team Goof

Cousins with a flagrant foul and possible suspension, who would have thought.
Old 01-11-13, 09:24 AM
SR Team Goof

I went and grabbed a video of the incident and I've got second thoughts on my previous remark. There's a part of this video that isn't visible and it's right before both Cousins and Carter rise. There is that possibility that Carter had Cousins' arms locked while they were bent over and Cousins was trying to free himself. And as Cousins is rising, he realizes it almost instantly and tries to grab Carter and keep him up. But by then the damage is done. There is that possibility that if Cousins didn't have his rep that this might have a different result. IMHO.

Old 01-11-13, 09:30 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
Bonner for Cousins?
Sure, why not. I'd bet there are a number of other teams thinking after this incident the Kings would want to unload him and the prospective teams are hoping they could get Cousins for a song. And the Lakers might already have made that pitch too.
Old 01-11-13, 11:45 AM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I went and grabbed a video of the incident and I've got second thoughts on my previous remark. There's a part of this video that isn't visible and it's right before both Cousins and Carter rise. There is that possibility that Carter had Cousins' arms locked while they were bent over and Cousins was trying to free himself. And as Cousins is rising, he realizes it almost instantly and tries to grab Carter and keep him up. But by then the damage is done. There is that possibility that if Cousins didn't have his rep that this might have a different result. IMHO.

It is indeed three or four notches down the scale if you compare it with Metta World Peace elbow on Harden. But it was definitely a flagrant 2 with one or two games suspension.
Old 01-11-13, 12:10 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Kings are stuck. Everybody wants to lowball them for Cousins at the same time that they want to get their financial house in order for a sale to Seattle.
Old 02-04-13, 11:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Cousins Ejected!

DeMarcus Cousins received two technical fouls and was ejected at the end of the first half of Monday's game at Utah. He was jawing at the refs at the end of the half and he'll finish with 10 points, six boards, two steals and one block in 19 minutes. Cousins took some sarcastic shots at Keith Smart on Saturday and he just can't seem to get out of his own way for immaturity issues. He leads the league with 12 technical fouls on the season and also has the most ejections with three. DMC might not be suspended for his actions on the court, but who knows what's going to happen off the court after the game? He will also get a one-game suspension with his next technical foul.

Following an embarrassing 120-81 loss to the New York Knicks on Saturday, the third-year center took a shot at Smart.

According to Jason Jones of The Sacramento Bee, Cousins said in a sarcastic tone that the solution to the Kings’ problem is to listen to Smart. Jones says Cousins also said he’s sacrificing his game by going along with Smart’s plan.

Cousins is no doubt frustrated. Not only did the team get blown out Saturday, but they have also lost three in a row and seven of eight. Cousins’ numbers have been down in the past week, and he probably is upset that Smart singled him out this week.

Smart said one of the problems with Cousins is that he is not running the floor. As a result, Cousins faces double-teams when he gets the ball in the half-court offense.

“I’m shared with him sometimes you’re trailing,” Smart said, via The Bee. “You need to get down the floor right away. If you get down the floor right away you just created a post up game for us without me calling a play.

“You may run the floor 10 times and only get the ball once but you can’t stop running the next 10,” Smart said. “These things have to become habits to keep yourself involved in the basketball game. Because you can’t slow the game down too much where you’re calling the play 5-down, 5-down over and over again.”

The only good news here is that there are only 33 games left in the season for the Kings. You have to figure the new owners will consider changing coaches or moving Cousins once they assume control.

RotoWorld

Last edited by td4mvp2k; 02-04-13 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-05-13, 10:51 AM
SR Team Goof

What did Cousins say to get ejected? Called ref “effing female.”

Kurt Helin, Feb 5, 2013, 9:43 AM EST

DeMarcus Cousins was ejected from another game Monday night.

Cousins picked up his first technical with 2:33 left in the first half and he didn’t think the call was fair. He wanted to talk to the officials about it. Cousins picks up the story there, speaking after the game as reported by NBA.com.

“Before that [the officials] tell us if you have a problem with them, come talk to them. They give us permission to do that. I tried to wait until the play was over. I waited until the play stopped. I went up to the ref. He kept telling me, ‘Don’t talk to me, don’t talk to me, I don’t want to talk to you.’ So I waited until halftime. He said the same thing. He was saying, ‘Don’t talk to me.’ So my response was, ‘You don’t have to act like an effing female.’ I shouldn’t have said that. That’s about it.”

Yup, shouldn’t have said that.

As noted last night, this is vintage Cousins. As he has said before himself, when he feels he has been wronged he can’t just let something go, he can’t walk away, he feels that he needs to be talk about it. And in that zeal he loses track of the bigger picture — his teammates, the game, everything. It’s a threshold of maturity Cousins has yet to pass.

Cousins has not learned to pick his battles. There are times to walk away… like when the referee says, “’Don’t talk to me, don’t talk to me, I don’t want to talk to you” for example. The Kings were in a tight game with the Jazz that they ended up losing in overtime. You think the Kings could have used their best player on the court after halftime?

But it’s Cousins, and this is where he is right now.

Related link: Kings ownership documents reveal major potential stumbling blocks for Seattle | ProBasketballTalk
Old 02-05-13, 04:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Can't believe you guys would trade Bonner for Cousins. He may be superman but if he is suspended what good is he?