SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Update on Aron Baynes (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118362-update-aron-baynes.html)

Jose_TheGenius 01-10-13 06:44 PM

Update on Aron Baynes
 
As Project Spurs reported, Aron Baynes is heading to join the San Antonio Spurs. With new information from the DailyTelegraph.com.au, it appears the signing is all but official. His team, Union Olimpija, has wished him good luck in his new endeavors:


Click HERE to read the entire article

Kager 01-10-13 07:33 PM

The tweet is the key to more certainty here.... The Daily Telegraph is not blessed with investigative journalists, or even known for checking facts so I would not necessarily put too much credance to the rest of the information.

Jose_TheGenius 01-10-13 07:38 PM

it does sound like it would make sense though. no reason to spend money on a buy out for a 1-2 year contract and all we have is the minimum that i'm aware.

i think it's reported that he earned around $70,000 or so with his club, so it'd be more money in SA.

esparzar1 01-11-13 08:23 AM

so when can we actually expect to see him on the court?????

td4mvp2k 01-11-13 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esparzar1 (Post 1290124)
so when can we actually expect to see him on the court?????

I think we have to see what they do with Blair and then see how they get Aron on the court.

Guapo 01-12-13 05:22 AM

Blair's fate has been sealed. Spurs will make a trade (for the future) and it looks like Pop wants badly to get Timmy a ring by defensively arming himself with a player that can help neutralize the inside play of the Clippers and Knicks-- who both look to make a strong push in the playoffs.

b1gdon 01-14-13 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guapo (Post 1290183)
Blair's fate has been sealed. Spurs will make a trade (for the future) and it looks like Pop wants badly to get Timmy a ring by defensively arming himself with a player that can help neutralize the inside play of the Clippers and Knicks-- who both look to make a strong push in the playoffs.

Don't get your hopes up too high on this guy. I can't imagine that there is this center floating around undrafted that would be able to contribute in a meaningful way to an NBA team. He played college here in the US so scouts have known about him for quite some time. He is a project center and the NBA is littered with these types of players who never really contribute.

tabspur 01-14-13 01:08 PM

It's a long shot for an undrafted center. But guys like Brad Miller, Udonis Haslim, and Ben Wallace show it can be done. And the Spurs certainly know which rocks to look under...

SilverSpur 01-15-13 04:24 AM

Spurs must like what they see. I can't imagine them pulling this guy from his team like that unless thEy plan to put him to work right away. plus, you have to imagjne that Brett Brown has some say in this find.

As far as Blair... Let's not forget that the trading deadline is rapidly approaching.

Perhaps someone made an offer that is quite tempting and the Spurs need to find a big man to replace him?

Spurd_On 01-15-13 09:39 AM

Wikipedia has removed any Spurs related information on Aron Baynes in his bio.

WILLTHETHRILL 01-15-13 11:16 AM

Sign Oden!

mckennaspur1 01-15-13 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1gdon (Post 1290293)
Don't get your hopes up too high on this guy. I can't imagine that there is this center floating around undrafted that would be able to contribute in a meaningful way to an NBA team. He played college here in the US so scouts have known about him for quite some time. He is a project center and the NBA is littered with these types of players who never really contribute.

Bingo! It'd be great if this guy turned out to be the next big thing. But the fact that he went undrafted out of college should dampen any outrageous enthusiasm.

Tiago was Europe's best big man when he got to the Spurs, and it's taken him years to figure out Pop's game. Anything Aron brings to the table this year will be gravy. Meanwhile, the big rotation is TD, Tiago, Boris and Bonner...

SleepyAdamII 01-15-13 12:31 PM

The bar set for a back up big man on this team is set rather low. If he can bang, grab a reboud and swat at a ball and maybe follow up a put back with a dunk, then deal! The guys on the bench don't really man the paint and are under sized. I'm hoping this guy provides an Omir Asik / Aaron Gray role for the squad

buttsR4rebounding 01-15-13 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1290346)
Wikipedia has removed any Spurs related information on Aron Baynes in his bio.

Why would they do this?

Jose_TheGenius 01-15-13 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1290346)
Wikipedia has removed any Spurs related information on Aron Baynes in his bio.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kFBDn5PiL00?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

alh1020 01-15-13 05:13 PM

Welcome to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit, taken from the Wikipedia main page.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0