SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   INSANE WTT TRADE IDEA w/Z-BO (opinion) (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118353-insane-wtt-trade-idea-w-z-bo-opinion.html)

WILLTHETHRILL 01-10-13 01:14 AM

INSANE WTT TRADE IDEA w/Z-BO (opinion)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bbr34ed
Future considerations include:

Memphis receives the Heat's pick via Cleveland projected to be #27-30.

Spurs have the right to swap first rounders with Memphis' own first round pick.(lottery protected of course)

Spurs receives a Orlando's second rounder via Cleveland.

I know that kind of guts the roster for the Spurs but they have plenty of guards. Blair and Bonner don't really play any significant minutes anway. Splitter is on the rise and Diaw is not old. Joseph is expendable they have Mills and De Colo. Losing SJax sucks but they regain the "thug" factor with Z-Bo! Kawhi can play a lot more minutes at SF. I like some of the Toro's talent too. Bring up Tyler Wilkerson and Ricky Jackson from Austin after the deal.

Thoughts?:shocked

b1gdon 01-10-13 01:54 AM

Why would Memphis ship away their top two scorers and top rebounder for Varejao and trash????

td4mvp2k 01-10-13 01:59 AM

Ya this trade dont do for Memphis and with Andy V out no way.

WILLTHETHRILL 01-10-13 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1gdon (Post 1290026)
Why would Memphis ship away their top two scorers and top rebounder for Varejao and trash????

Because of their contracts. They have new leadership there too. Also they are over the cap.

Jose_TheGenius 01-10-13 02:52 PM

Varejeo out kills the deal, but even if healthy, the Grizzlies would trade (arguably) their best big man for an expiring deal (Jax) that won't matter because they'll still be over the cap so no relief, a guy who doesn't have a shot and over performing this year (Varejeo) and can't fit with Gasol because they both really don't have games outside the paint, and a bunch of scrubs who are going to be FA and not contribute anything anyway.

very insane sir

Jose_TheGenius 01-10-13 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1290057)
Because of their contracts. They have new leadership there too. Also they are over the cap.

the cap won't matter unless they have more than the mid level exception. if they're over the cap by $1-5 mill or so and it's less, they'll get the MLE anyway.

Hollinger has raved about their frontcourt and Z-Bo, i doubt he wants to trade him now.

b1gdon 01-10-13 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1290057)

They'll be $3-4Million over the tax this year, but since they are making their title run, I'm sure they are ok with that. Even assuming Varejao was healthy, they would be blowing up a team with a shot at making several runs at the finals.

grizzly_bexar 01-10-13 07:20 PM

We need somebody who can move and protect the rim better, not another guy to play on the low block. And we've already seen how easily a "deep" team on the wings can look thin with a few injuries.

Kager 01-10-13 07:24 PM

Stop rubbishing Wills deal..... Memphis front office may read this forum and I believe it would really help them, while we give up the core of our future (not just 1 rotation player for a true starter a level above going forward as some would have you believe)Memphis just loses a couple of Z-Bounds.

WILLTHETHRILL 01-11-13 01:32 AM

Not the most likely deal I agree but I did put insane on it.lol. Anyways it seems Memphis is not looking to bolster their roster but to escape paying the big contracts under their NEW direction. Look at them giving away Sam Young last season. He was a very good young role player for them. I think Memphis is more concerned about money right now. The trade idea provides long term salary cap relief for Memphis.

JuanCaca 01-11-13 09:17 AM

dwight howard for randolph, gay or similar package makes more sense to both teams...