News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-09-13, 08:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

when will pop

stop the neal PG experiment?

watching the lakers game we fall apart when neal comes in and takes over. he should be nothing more than a 5-10 minute a night guy that spots up and hits the three for us. his PG skills suck. let mills or de colo develop as the back up PG.

sometimes i wonder if coaches out think themselves.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-09-13, 09:54 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

When the Spurs are on a 10 game win streak Pop's a Genius

When the Spurs lose 4 straight he's a bum.

Plain and simple he's very stubborn and hesitates on making any adjustments. I am hoping this is just an experiment because the ball moves so much better with Nando or Mills as the back up PG. But then again, we tend to see Pop stubbornly stick by players that we all generally lose faith in for a season or two too long (i.e. Bonner and Neal).

Free Nando!Free Mills !
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-09-13, 10:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I honestly don't understand why Mills does not get more minutes. Every time he comes in it's instant energy. He plays pesky d, can shoot, handle the ball and hustles like crazy. He is a Pop type player, but he won't play him. It is really puzzling. I like Nando but he has a ways to go before he will be a playoff contributor. It won't be this year.
Old 01-10-13, 08:19 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilly101 View Post
I honestly don't understand why Mills does not get more minutes. Every time he comes in it's instant energy. He plays pesky d, can shoot, handle the ball and hustles like crazy. He is a Pop type player, but he won't play him. It is really puzzling. I like Nando but he has a ways to go before he will be a playoff contributor. It won't be this year.

I agree, Mills is a great defender (for his size), seems like he's always playing with a chip on his shoulders. De colo can be very exciting but like a young Manu, he sometimes makes easy mistakes and tries to get too fancy. I love De Colo's size, 6'6 guard that can handle the ball. Hopefully, the Spurs can get him spun up sonner than later.
Old 01-10-13, 01:55 PM

all great points. also:

the more Manu has the burden of being the main focus on ball handling and creating, the greater risk of him being injured. if he gets injured, don't think Pop won't have Neal stick and then put a Mills/De Colo next to him and that'd be horrid against a taller backcourt off the bench.
Old 01-10-13, 06:19 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Still a lot of work to do in getting this team ready for the playoffs.

They were just out of sync last night and it's a growing pain.
Old 01-10-13, 11:33 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Still a lot of work to do in getting this team ready for the playoffs.

They were just out of sync last night and it's a growing pain.
My guess is Pop would not play neither Patrick nor Nando or any of the third option guys now until he completely improves the first and second unit.

So the Rest of the third unit will not see floor minutes unless it is a blow out and the Spurs first and second current units are in control and keeping that lead.

The other time to see the third unit guys is when we have a B2B where Pop is just having fun experimenting to rest starters.

That is the challenge and we need to trust in Pop he has a method behind this madness.

It is so obvious that when Tony goes to the bench to take a breather, there is no one who can handle the point guard. It PAINS me to see them all fluster and lose that ball and Commit that many turn overs....

This is done by committee and ALL Spurs are committing those turn overs.

At half time last game vs Lakers, Coach Bud was telling Andrew Monaco that Spurs needed to (Take care of the ball better) AND (Move the ball more).... But how could the Spurs move that ball without committing those TO....That was the dilemma. Other teams are playing the passing lanes and stealing those balls more easily now..... And Spurs are being less careful with that ball as they are trying to run the super difficult offense they had to do as a TEAM.... Vs one one who can take over.... That is the biggest challenge now esp when TP is at the bench.

Let's hope Spurs figure it out soon and go back to basics and share that ball more and play like a TEAM instead of one on one so they can come back to that rhythm they had when they had that winning streak earlier this season.

How much Pop wanted to win that game by keeping that tight rotation you can see.... And mission accomplished by pulling teeth Spurs win but with more difficulties. That is because they are learning through and solving that puzzle Pop put!!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!