News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-07-13, 11:44 PM
Herman Cain of the board

This coach always has a sour exit

Bucks, Scott Skiles Agree To Part Ways

Jan 08, 2013 12:37 AM EST
The Milwaukee Bucks and Scott Skiles have agreed to part ways immediately, according to a person familiar with the discussions.
Skiles guided the Bucks to a surprise start this season, keeping them over .500 for the most part, with a 16-16 record currently.
Skiles was coaching under the final season of his contract and it was reportedly unlikely that he would return to the Bucks next season.

Via Sam Amick/USA Today
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-08-13, 12:40 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

I like Scott Skiles' coaching a lot. He is a very good coach and my guess he will be coaching in the NBA again soon. Wish him luck!

This is the Nature of the BEAST of the NBA Business though esp for Milwaukee. I know that the Bucks have one of the lowest attendee arenas in the Bradley Center. It is a tough business.

It would be interesting who the Bucks would bring next.
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-08-13, 12:52 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
.....It would be interesting who the Bucks would bring next.
Phil?? Bring Don Nelson out of retirement. :sarcasm I have to admit I like Skiles a little bit, he's the only coach that I can think of that spends the majority of the game on the bench vs walking up/down the sidelines. I don't think I've ever seen him smile.
Old 01-13-13, 08:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Skiles Quits Team!

Scott Skiles finally got his wish — his exit from Milwaukee. The coach had tried to quit before the season but Bucks owner Herb Kohl wouldn’t let him. But when Skiles started to make noise about the coming offseason and what his options would be, that forced the Bucks’ hand.

Skiles did a good job in Milwaukee, but he knew he couldn’t win and had his ups and downs coaching Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings. Neither is a true point guard who thinks team-first, as Scott did as a player and prefers in his own playmakers.

Mike Dunleavy and Houston assistant Kelvin Sampson are expected to get a call from the Bucks to fill their coaching vacancy. We’ll give the early edge to Dunleavy, based on the fact that he once coached the team and is still a huge fan favorite from his playing days. He also wants to be considered for the Brooklyn job in his home borough.

Mitch Lawrence/N.Y. Daily News