News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-02-13, 09:41 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

Interesting

Tim Duncan is averaging 17.7 points 9.8 Rebounds 2.5 Assists and 2.5 Blocks per game in 30 minutes.

Dwight Howard is averaging 17.3 Points 11.9 Rebounds 1.9 Assists and 2.6 Blocks per game in 36 Minutes

I know Howard is struggling this year, but realistically do you see any of the big men in the game today being able to put up the numbers Duncan is this late in his career?

Top 5 big man of all time without a doubt in my mind!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-02-13, 10:44 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Tim is simply applying will power to his game these days. Guys like Hakeem, Ewing, Shaq and Moses were shadows of themselves this late in their careers. Wilt had moved on to other interests. Only Kareem and (to a slightly lesser degree) Russell were able to do what Tim is doing.

I guess Timmay still has things he wants to accomplish. That's great news for the Spurs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-03-13, 01:07 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Tim is one Clever Wizard Hall of Famer that continues to add more angles and wings to his game.

I heard Sean saying tonight that TD put in so great numbers so far this season that tops the entire last season. Now that is Amazing!

The degree of difficulty is very high because playing at such High Level on Defense would wear any BIG out....Add the age factor in.. And How about TD also putting those great offensive numbers too!!!!!

Let's hope TD stays healthy and continues like that all year long. It is still not mid season even yet... Hmm yes TD should continue to climb up that ladder all the way to top 5 all time Bigs!
Old 01-03-13, 01:22 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

I think his wizard powers have finally kicked in... :shocked

Old 01-03-13, 08:04 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Tim Duncan is averaging 17.7 points 9.8 Rebounds 2.5 Assists and 2.5 Blocks per game in 30 minutes.

Dwight Howard is averaging 17.3 Points 11.9 Rebounds 1.9 Assists and 2.6 Blocks per game in 36 Minutes
And who have the fans selected to play in the All-Star Game?
Old 01-03-13, 09:00 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

bring it to the playoffs!
Old 01-04-13, 10:10 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
Tim is simply applying will power to his game these days. Guys like Hakeem, Ewing, Shaq and Moses were shadows of themselves this late in their careers. Wilt had moved on to other interests. Only Kareem and (to a slightly lesser degree) Russell were able to do what Tim is doing.

I guess Timmay still has things he wants to accomplish. That's great news for the Spurs.
Dream and Ewing relied more on athleticism, especially Dream. Once that was gone, then their game suffered. Shaq and Moses were more power players. Typically with those players the body breaks down, a la Shaq.

Tim, like Kareem, is a good fundamentally sound big man. Kareem can shoot the sky hook today!! Tim will be able to hit the bank shot until he is 90. Also important to realize the importance of the role that their respective coaches play on their "longevity" and effectiveness as well as the type of men each guys is.

Like Riley, POP has turned the keys to the offense over the Parker and Manu just as Riley did with Magic and Worthy. Tim and Kareem are both humble superstars, quiet and stoic in nature but true leaders. They were willing to be the third option in some cases until it was winning time. The offense didn't completely go through Kareem but when it was time to win or if a big bucket was needed, the ball went to the big fella. Same with Tim.

Good to see Tim playing well.
Old 01-04-13, 01:40 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

I like the comparison to Kareem. The only thing I would chime in with is that I can't ever see Timmy demanding a statue in front of the AT&T center. But overall good comparison.
Old 01-04-13, 05:49 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Timmy's been great, but it's not right fair to compare him to Howard.

Since last All Star break, Howard's had
1. Back surgery
2. Trade to new team
3. New point guard in training camp
4. New point guard broke leg 3 games into season
5. Change in coach five games into season
6. Ron Artest as a teammate

Tim's entry into training camp this year?
Tim: Again, Pop?
Pop: Yeah, Timmy.
Old 01-07-13, 12:22 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit7 View Post
I like the comparison to Kareem. The only thing I would chime in with is that I can't ever see Timmy demanding a statue in front of the AT&T center. But overall good comparison.
the amount Kareem is under-appreciated is also a good comparison for TImmy.