News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-02-13, 10:46 AM
SR Team Goof

“We’re old as s***” says Kobe

It was as if the Ghost or Losses Past came to visit the Lakers Tuesday night — Philadelphia was more athletic, more aggressive, got big nights from young stars Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner (combined 48 points) and the Lakers looked a step slow. The result was a 103-99 Lakers loss that looked like so many Lakers losses this season.

So Kobe Bryant, what is going on with the lack of energy? (Via ESPNLA.com):
“Cause we’re old as s—,” said the 34-year-old Bryant when asked why a lack of energy has been a problem for L.A. all season. “What do you want? We just got to figure out how to play when we don’t have that energy. We got to change things up a little bit defensively. We got to figure out what we want to do offensively, figure out what we want to do on nights when we don’t have those legs or have that energy.”
Where did the phrase “old as s***” come from anyway? Outside of the people on “Hoarders,” who keeps old excrement around?
(alh1020: I could have sworn that phrase was originated by someone on SR referring to some of our past Spurs teams!?!?)

Somewhere, the Oklahoma City Thunder and Los Angeles Clippers are sharing a laugh. Those teams would like to remind you that they are young and energetic nightly and will continue to be in the playoffs.

And Kobe was energetic Sunday night — 36 points on 29 shots, grabbing six boards. The problem was the inability of the Lakers perimeter defenders to be anything more than an orange traffic cone for Holiday and Turner to dribble around and get a good look (and the Lakers interior defensive rotations were not impressive, to be kind). That and the 3-of-19 combined shooting night by Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol.

The problem is the Lakers are old and are not making up for the lack of spring in their legs with smart play and veteran savvy (see the San Antonio Spurs for an example). I’d say the Lakers aren’t playing their system but I’m not sure what the system is exactly.

And it doesn’t look like there is an easy fix for a Lakers team that can’t get over .500.

Related link: Deron Williams says two years of constant playing may have worn him down | ProBasketballTalk
Old 01-02-13, 12:03 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

D'Antoni has the chance to prove he knows how to coach. He needs to carefully consider his personnel and devise schemes that make the most of what they can do. Don;t know if he has the chops to do that.

The Lakers have talent, but they are way to old to succeed against young street ball teams night after night. Someone (Kobe?) needs to hatch a system that relies on smarts and discipline if the Fakers plan to stand a chance against the Thunder.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-02-13, 05:28 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post

(alh1020: I could have sworn that phrase was originated by someone on SR referring to some of our past Spurs teams!?!?)
You meant, like, Kobe actually said "Cause we’re old as spurs"? Why would ESPN find it so offensive and censored 'spurs'?

Oh, wait, s***, three letters censored, not four...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-02-13, 06:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I don't see the problem, they play defense Di'Antoni style .....none.
Old 01-03-13, 02:08 AM
The Amazing!

How anyone would look at the Lakers current roster and think D’Antonio is the right coach is be on me. Either they got to switch up the team to fit D’Antonio or D’Antonio has got to switch up his playing style. I don’t see either happening.
Old 01-03-13, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurs_believer View Post
You meant, like, Kobe actually said "Cause we’re old as spurs"? Why would ESPN find it so offensive and censored 'spurs'?

Oh, wait, s***, three letters censored, not four...
Old 01-03-13, 06:29 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Lakers are just a mediocre team - a collection of great players who have a mediocre coach and a fan base with very high expectations
Old 01-03-13, 06:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I am tired of the Kobe-ESPN network. Kobe makes a statement and it is a headline. Up at 10pm...Kobe doesnt like mean people.